July 4th Weekend....

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

mlbplus5
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

July 4th Weekend....

Post by mlbplus5 » May Mon 06, 2013 8:54 am

My husband and brother just surprised me with planning and weekend trip to Disneyland in July, just wondering how crowded it will be for the weekend of the 4th, has anyone been on that weekend ? I am so excited I can't wait !!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: July 4th Weekend....

Post by Amy » May Mon 06, 2013 9:13 am

mlbplus5 wrote:My husband and brother just surprised me with planning and weekend trip to Disneyland in July, just wondering how crowded it will be for the weekend of the 4th, has anyone been on that weekend ? I am so excited I can't wait !!!!
I've never been to any of the parks over the July 4th holiday, but I imagine it will be very crowded. You should probably plan on getting to the parks early and staying the whole day in order to avoid being locked out due to capacity being reached. On the plus side, I believe the fireworks shows are some of the biggest and best for that holiday!

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » May Mon 06, 2013 10:13 am

From what I hear, 4th of July is one of the most crowded days of the year. I agree with Amy that you should get there ASAP and plan on staying the whole day.

Will you be there on the 4th of July...or just that weekend? I would expect the crowds to be heavy the entire weekend since people tend to use holiday weekends as vacation times. Also...are you going to be staying on Disney property or a hotel nearby? That could impact how easy it is to get to a park before Rope Drop.

Regardless...it will be crowded...but will no doubt be a lot of fun. I'd suggest looking at TouringPlans.com to grab some touring plans to help you avoid the longer lines since the crowds will be heavy.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

mlbplus5
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by mlbplus5 » May Mon 06, 2013 10:37 am

We will be flying in on the 4th and going to the parks on the 5th & 6th, we will stay in one of the area hotels and once we are in the parks we never leave :) so that will not be a problem. We just went last June with the whole family, so riding all the rides is not a must, just our favorites and the ones we missed. We just want to go without kids and enjoy ourselves ;)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Mon 06, 2013 10:44 am

mlbplus5 wrote:We will be flying in on the 4th and going to the parks on the 5th & 6th, we will stay in one of the area hotels and once we are in the parks we never leave :) so that will not be a problem. We just went last June with the whole family, so riding all the rides is not a must, just our favorites and the ones we missed. We just want to go without kids and enjoy ourselves ;)
Sounds like you will be fine. If you are more relaxed about what you are seeing and taking in, you won't be so disappointed. And just having adults alleviates some major disappointments with kids who are wanting to see and do everything.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » May Mon 06, 2013 12:17 pm

Yes, expect it to be totally crowded but you will still have an excellent time. Here's the brief report from 7/4/11 when I was there on a work trip.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7270&hilit=4th
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

GeoffS
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by GeoffS » May Thu 09, 2013 5:39 pm

Heavy emphasis on getting in early. We attempted to go one year on a whim (original 4th plans fell through), and got to the park around 11am. Already "sold out." Knowing it could happen and actually seeing the "PARK FULL" signs is still mind-blowing.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » May Thu 09, 2013 8:18 pm

Speaking of, if the parks are at capacity, the way it works is that the first group to get shut out will be single day ticket holders, guests staying on property and AP holders are the last group to get locked out. When they are full, they start a line outside that allows people to come in as others leave, so if you're in and it is full, best advice is to not leave as you may not be able to get back in.