Marc Davis Centennial Dinner INSIDE the HM

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Marc Davis Centennial Dinner INSIDE the HM

Post by Amy » Mar Thu 28, 2013 8:45 pm

Did anyone else see this Disney food blog post on the Club 33 event they had at the DL Haunted Mansion? :hm_ghost:

Here is a link if you are interested... http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/03/2 ... d-mansion/

The food looked amazing and the creativity of the menu descriptions were so elaborate. As picky as I can be about food, I would have eaten everything on this menu except the beef near the end of the meal. As for the blogger taking 50 pictures of the dessert...I probably would have had at least 500 :lol:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: Marc Davis Centennial Dinner INSIDE the HM

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Thu 28, 2013 11:14 pm

Thank you for posting this Amy. I saw it yesterday, but the bookmark is on my phone and attempting to post on the forums from my phone is annoying... :?

...not sure how I'd feel about eating the dessert :shock: (though it looked awfully yummy!)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Fri 29, 2013 6:52 am

I'm sure my eyes were huge the whole time I was looking at the pictures. Everything looked so tasty and so creatively put together. The one dish even looked like a doom buggy! The dessert was definitely the best :D

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Mar Fri 29, 2013 10:26 am

So cool!!!

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

DisneySpin
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by DisneySpin » Mar Fri 29, 2013 10:06 pm

I'm so glad that Disney sometimes really gives a nod to the wonderful history and people that brought so much enjoyment. I was very fortunate to know Marc Davis and Alice - two talented, fascinating, and gracious people. What a great tribute dinner!
We're all mad here, I'm mad, you're mad."

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Fri 29, 2013 10:21 pm

DisneySpin wrote:I'm so glad that Disney sometimes really gives a nod to the wonderful history and people that brought so much enjoyment. I was very fortunate to know Marc Davis and Alice - two talented, fascinating, and gracious people. What a great tribute dinner!
Wow ~ you knew both Marc Davis and Alice? That's pretty neat! I'm sure we'd love to hear the story of how you met if you'd like to share :D

DisneySpin

Post by DisneySpin » Mar Sat 30, 2013 9:34 pm

Amy wrote: Wow ~ you knew both Marc Davis and Alice? That's pretty neat! I'm sure we'd love to hear the story of how you met if you'd like to share :D
Sure, but it was only because I had the good fortune to have a friend from college who worked at Disney Studios in Burbank in the '80's -90's. He basically found opportunities for me to meet and get to know the remaining "Nine Old Men", so I also was able to meet and visit with Frank Thomas, Ollie Johnston, and my favorites, Ward Kimball and his wife, Betty. These talented people were all so gracious and, in my opinion, humble, considering how skilled and creative all of them were. And they all had wonderful interests and hobbies away from the studio. I guess that's why Ward was such a kick to me - wonderfully funny animator, leader of the Firehouse 5+2, and a train enthusiast with a full size locomtive and track in his "backyard" and a spectacular collection of toy trains and accessories from Europe and the U.S. These were kept in a large structure with a separate room for each collection. Marc and Alice were also a treat, very kind and living in a home that almost felt like visiting a museum. They had traveled extensively in New Guinea and had tribal masks, weaponry, and other artifacts displayed throughout. It felt like Christmas to me any time I visited with any of these people. I was just really lucky.
We're all mad here, I'm mad, you're mad."

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sun 31, 2013 7:20 am

DisneySpin wrote:
Amy wrote: Wow ~ you knew both Marc Davis and Alice? That's pretty neat! I'm sure we'd love to hear the story of how you met if you'd like to share :D
Sure, but it was only because I had the good fortune to have a friend from college who worked at Disney Studios in Burbank in the '80's -90's. He basically found opportunities for me to meet and get to know the remaining "Nine Old Men", so I also was able to meet and visit with Frank Thomas, Ollie Johnston, and my favorites, Ward Kimball and his wife, Betty. These talented people were all so gracious and, in my opinion, humble, considering how skilled and creative all of them were. And they all had wonderful interests and hobbies away from the studio. I guess that's why Ward was such a kick to me - wonderfully funny animator, leader of the Firehouse 5+2, and a train enthusiast with a full size locomtive and track in his "backyard" and a spectacular collection of toy trains and accessories from Europe and the U.S. These were kept in a large structure with a separate room for each collection. Marc and Alice were also a treat, very kind and living in a home that almost felt like visiting a museum. They had traveled extensively in New Guinea and had tribal masks, weaponry, and other artifacts displayed throughout. It felt like Christmas to me any time I visited with any of these people. I was just really lucky.
That is so wonderful you were able to meet so many of the Disney legends. Thanks for sharing :D

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Mar Sun 31, 2013 10:10 pm

Oh wow that food looks soo good! Thanks for sharing!
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"