Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Black Family sues Disneyland for racist White Rabbit

Post by jgarmer » Feb Thu 07, 2013 3:16 pm

wxwiz
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Re: Black Family sues Disneyland for racist White Rabbit

Post by wxwiz » Feb Sun 10, 2013 2:15 am

Wish there was more to the story from the cast members' perspective.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Sun 10, 2013 11:49 am

There is probably nothing they could say to diffuse the situation, saying nothing is the best option as all will be forgotten in about a week and a half.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Feb Mon 11, 2013 10:33 am

Yeah it's the kind of thing that nothing is going to fix it. It's unfortunate that a little boy was disappointed. I wish kids didn't have to learn at such a young age that people stink. I wish we could keep the "people stink" lessons from coming until they're well into adolescence.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Feb Wed 13, 2013 1:04 am

So they file a lawsuit, according to the articles I read, to get the employee fired and an apology from Disney since their complaint was ignored. However, they were offered at the time VIP passes with a $500 value. IMHO that seems to be supervisors trying to take something serious and work to diffuse a situation.

Secondly, anyone notice the media or attorney's wording for this. I personally find it hard to believe that the White Rabbit would be a 6 year old's favorite character and the one he was most excited to see at the parks. At that age you definitely would expect it to be a fab 4 character.

Here's the article in one of the New York papers: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.1257635
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Wed 13, 2013 9:47 pm

That is one of those things that is hard to prove, both the passes and the favorite character, they seem to want revenge.

If they were offered the passes, it is understandable to refuse them, would you want to go back to the place that slighted you?

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Feb Thu 14, 2013 12:02 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:That is one of those things that is hard to prove, both the passes and the favorite character, they seem to want revenge.

If they were offered the passes, it is understandable to refuse them, would you want to go back to the place that slighted you?
It's like saying you don't want to go back to a favorite restaurant because one time one employee gave you bad service. I suppose if the slighting occurred over and over again, yeah, I wouldn't want to go back, but if it happened more than twice I probably wouldn't go back anyway. Get me? But if everything was great every time I'd been, and then this one time, this one employee was a jerk, then I'd be willing to give the place a second shot. And I have. Not Disney, but other places.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Feb Thu 14, 2013 8:02 pm

Just tossing this out there for all view points. We all know that those costumes can get dang hot inside. Also, that guy could have worked hours before and he was tired of bending over and just the job in general. So, he could have just wanted to take it easy for a second by not bending/kneeling down? Secondly, how do we know that the costume guy wasn't black himself which would eliminate the racial thing?
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Thu 14, 2013 10:00 pm

Well, considering it's OC, odds are good it wasn't a black guy, it wouldn't do anything to stop racist claims since there is tension within groups about one's own race as well.

darthblixt
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by darthblixt » Apr Wed 17, 2013 4:06 pm

I witnessed racism once when my good friend Phúc Nguyễn was denied a hat embroidery at the mad hatter