Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: Lodging Suggestions?

Post by cy1229 » Jan Thu 31, 2013 9:31 am

Len90 wrote:
cy1229 wrote:Nah, it's just the hubby and me. I don't think the Hampton has its own shuttle. (Did I say Hilton? I meant Hampton.) It's really not that far in real distances, just a block or so south of the Convention Center. There is a shuttle stop (ARTS?) very close by. It seems silly to rent a car for those days and not use it, but getting from the airport and back by cab will probably exceed the cost of the rental car. :shock: The Hampton is one of the "Good Neighbor" hotels so I can't imagine that it's that far.
Good Neighbor hotels can be far. The convention area may only be a couple of blocks away but those are long blocks since you are walking the perimeter of DCA.

As for getting to DLR from the airpot, if you are flying into either LAX or SNA you can take the Disneyland Express shuttle. It is a $32 round trip from LAX or $27 from SNA. It is definitely something you may want to look into as an option besides the taxi. I honestly have no comment on either as I ended up getting an amazing deal on a rental through costco travel.
We're flying in and out of ONT. We're flying Southwest, and it's pretty close to Pasadena, which is the whole point of my going there. :)

I think we're just going to drive, or do a combination of driving and using the shuttle.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Mar Mon 04, 2013 11:37 am

Speaking of flying - I'm working on planning a long weekend trip to DL at the end of June. I haven't been to DL for almost 15 years and am trying to figure out what is the best airport to fly into? Any thoughts??

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Mon 04, 2013 11:47 am

Belle1082 wrote:Speaking of flying - I'm working on planning a long weekend trip to DL at the end of June. I haven't been to DL for almost 15 years and am trying to figure out what is the best airport to fly into? Any thoughts??
Probably depends on which airline you are flying. I believe John Wayne is the closest to Disneyland, but LAX isn't much further.

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Mar Mon 04, 2013 11:52 am

Amy wrote:
Belle1082 wrote:Speaking of flying - I'm working on planning a long weekend trip to DL at the end of June. I haven't been to DL for almost 15 years and am trying to figure out what is the best airport to fly into? Any thoughts??
Probably depends on which airline you are flying. I believe John Wayne is the closest to Disneyland, but LAX isn't much further.
We will be flying Delta.

Does LAX have Magical Express service? I'm so out of the DL loop I don't even know! lol

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Mar Mon 04, 2013 12:37 pm

We WERE going to fly into Ontario because I was using Southwest points for hubby's ticket. I think it's actually closer to DLR than LAX is. I don't know if Delta flies into there or not, but I would imagine they do.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Mon 04, 2013 1:36 pm

Belle1082 wrote:
Amy wrote:
We will be flying Delta.

Does LAX have Magical Express service? I'm so out of the DL loop I don't even know! lol
Sadly, the Magical Express is only WDW. Here is a link to a trip advisor column that should help a lot with transportation questions... http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g2909 ... rting.html
I'm sure we rented a car when we went to DL...or we took a taxi...or maybe one kind of transportation for each trip ~ I can't remember :oops:

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Mar Mon 04, 2013 3:09 pm

Amy wrote: Sadly, the Magical Express is only WDW. Here is a link to a trip advisor column that should help a lot with transportation questions... http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g2909 ... rting.html
I'm sure we rented a car when we went to DL...or we took a taxi...or maybe one kind of transportation for each trip ~ I can't remember :oops:
What a bummer!!! I guess we are spoiled with the ME at WDW. Will look into that thread - thanks for sharing!
Any other DL travel tidbits anyone has...I'm all ears! :mickey: