Finding Nemo Sub ride - the new one

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Dr. Ravenscroft
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » Jun Sat 16, 2007 1:35 pm

Lion Sleeps Tonight wrote:Cool; thanks for sharing. It's strange to say this, but right now I'm more excited about stepping back into these subs for nostalgic reasons, rather than the actual ride.
Yeah me to. I haven't been on the sub ride since 1989, my first trip out there. I barely remember it so this will basically be a whole new experience for me, stinks really because I would love to compare the two but the only thing I remember from the last time are a few images in my brain......Fading fast :lol:
[img]http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4131/userbar460642qi2.gif[/img][img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5236/userbar460651xq4.gif[/img]
[img]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/7677/userbar461525mz8.gif[/img][img]http://www.disneymountainrides.com/_i/banners/bar/SR_siteadmin.gif[/img]

*****Site Admin*****
[url=http://www.twitter.com/travenscroft]twitter[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/49f5nd]plurk[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/556rz4]Flickr[/url] |

borjoyzee
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by borjoyzee » Jun Sun 17, 2007 3:10 pm

^Indeed. I also barely remember the old subs. I already been to Disneyland this year, but the ride wasn't open yet. I will have my chance to ride it later on this year or next year (most likely). I saw a video of the ride and it seems longer than the original. I know it's the same layout, but it seems longer.
Love Tomorrowland and Adventureland, but hard to decide to which one is best.

Love RCT3

Magique
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Magique » Jun Sun 17, 2007 9:47 pm

I just came back from Disneyland and rode the Nemo ride, so I can answer some questions, if anyone has any.

My Nemo Experience: We arrived at 7 am (early entry) and already the line had gone into Small World territory. My sister and I went over to Matterhorn to ride while the rest of my family waited in line. By the time we came back, the line had moved to where it started to zig-zag a little to the left of the "Finding Nemo" sign. It didn't seem to take too long actually. (Maybe it was because we were talking with the lady behind us). Anyway, the loading took forever. (as well as the unloading. Staring at the undersea wall can be very boring if you have to stare at it for 5+ minutes). The ride was very good overall. I can't remember a lot about the old Sub rides, so I couldn't compare. I thought I saw the head of the old sea serpent at the very end of the ride, but as I was about to do a double take, some bubbles obstructed my vision. The technology used in the ride was amazing. I really enjoyed it.

indysoarin19
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by indysoarin19 » Jun Mon 18, 2007 12:01 pm

I'm planning to go next Sunday (the 24th) and judging from your report Magique, first thing in the morning isn't an option on early entry days. Did the line taper off over the course of the day?
Fixing cars as an Autopian mechanic!

Magique
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Magique » Jun Mon 18, 2007 12:11 pm

No, it got worse. Going in the morning was the best thing, I think. It gets hot over the course of the day, so standing in line is more tolerable in the morning.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jun Tue 19, 2007 10:43 am

I've been planning on going right when the park opens, but it seems like it doesn't matter, the line will be 2 hours long anyways :( So disappointing.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

KarenM
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Found Nemo

Post by KarenM » Jun Tue 19, 2007 11:32 am

We rode Finding Nemo on Tues (day after opening day) last week. We only waited 25 minutes and that was only because they hadn't started the ride yet. They were still doing some sort of ride test when we got in line. The subs hold a lot of people and we were on the second sub.

Here's how we did it. We had a park hopper ticket with one early entry. We used the early entry on a day when the park opens at 8:00 (so 7:00 for early entry). We got there 30 minutes before early entry--so 6:30. There were already people in line but if you get in one of the outside lines, often they will open up a new line if the crowd is really big. Suddenly our line was half of what it had been. We got right up to the front of the line that way and WALKED quickly to the subs. (some people ran but I refuse to do that) We were on the ride and done in time to ride something else before the early entry period was over.

Since it was such and early morning, we took cereal to eat while we were standing in line and we left the park by 1:30 to go rest up. We went back to the park in the evening.

The ride was nice. It was my first trip to Disneyland and so I never saw the original sub ride but we enjoyed it. I wouldn't wait over 2 hours to see it but it was well worth getting up early and waiting only 25 minutes.

Magique
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Re: Found Nemo

Post by Magique » Jun Tue 19, 2007 4:23 pm

KarenM wrote:We rode Finding Nemo on Tues (day after opening day) last week. We only waited 25 minutes and that was only because they hadn't started the ride yet. They were still doing some sort of ride test when we got in line. The subs hold a lot of people and we were on the second sub.

Here's how we did it. We had a park hopper ticket with one early entry. We used the early entry on a day when the park opens at 8:00 (so 7:00 for early entry). We got there 30 minutes before early entry--so 6:30. There were already people in line but if you get in one of the outside lines, often they will open up a new line if the crowd is really big. Suddenly our line was half of what it had been. We got right up to the front of the line that way and WALKED quickly to the subs. (some people ran but I refuse to do that) We were on the ride and done in time to ride something else before the early entry period was over.

Since it was such and early morning, we took cereal to eat while we were standing in line and we left the park by 1:30 to go rest up. We went back to the park in the evening.

The ride was nice. It was my first trip to Disneyland and so I never saw the original sub ride but we enjoyed it. I wouldn't wait over 2 hours to see it but it was well worth getting up early and waiting only 25 minutes.
Lucky! 25 minutes! Well, I didn't think our wait was all too bad. (Not as great as 25 minutes though.)

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylandmom » Jul Tue 17, 2007 3:20 pm

We were in the park July 8th thru the 14th and found that the lines were around 120 minutes every day. Upon park opening and early opening everyone goes straight for Nemo. We went about ten minutes before park closing (closing was midnight) and the line was only 30 minutes. One thing to note they will NOT allow you in line a second after park closing and there is a cast member at the end of the line to make sure nobody sneaks in line. We were on the ride and had time to catch the last shuttle to our motel at 12:45AM. I would definately do it at closing rather than wait in the long line in the heat. As for the ride we all enjoyed it.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jul Wed 18, 2007 10:53 am

My wife and I might go this weekend. I hope to get on this ride, but again, I don't think I'm going to wait 2 hours. Since we're going on a Sunday we can't stay until park closing to try and get that 30 minute line. Though, that's a great idea.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

eagle4life69
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by eagle4life69 » Jul Mon 30, 2007 12:12 pm

I little video from opening day.
<script src="http://flash.revver.com/player/1.0/play ... ;width:480;" type="text/javascript"></script>

^If you can't this video click the link below

catfish28
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by catfish28 » Jul Tue 31, 2007 4:01 pm

I'm hoping that Lassater can change all that but I hope the Pixaration inside the parks does not go overboard.

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by danimal3114u » Aug Wed 01, 2007 6:40 pm

Sounds like the ride is fun. I'll also just give some advise around my experience with new rides and wait times. It seems like Nemo is very similar to Indiana Jones and when Space Mountain re-opened regarding the lines. For both of these, there were always 120 minute+ wait times all throughout the day, but usually around 2 hours before park closing, the lines died down. I would highly suggest you check the ride out as close to opening as possible if you're going to be there. The effect is basically two fold in that the other rides don't have as long wait times right at opening, and you don't have to lose two hours of your day waiting in line for the new ride. Good luck to everyone!

Lion Sleeps Tonight

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Aug Wed 01, 2007 7:19 pm

Yeah, the wait at the end of the day is slightly less longer, but still really long. At night, there's live entertainment from the Buzz/Jedi stage, so at least there's that.

I'm actually surprised I enjoyed the ride as much as I did. I had really high expectations, and although it could have been better (with the addition of more animatronic sea-creatures), I was pleased.

The ride wins because it's underwater (unlike the EPCOT vers), much of the original narration is present (although done in Australian accents), and the layout is reminiscent to the original attraction.

That doesn't mean I want to wait 2 hours for it though, lol.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

faxprincess
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by faxprincess » Sep Mon 24, 2007 11:15 am

Esmeralda wrote:So for those who've had the chance to ride, is the seating arrangement the same as the old subs? I remember it being a bit tight and was wondering if they opened it up at all.

Still can't wait to ride, but a three hour wait is insanity (is that a confirmation on no fastpass then?).
I don't know if you've ridden the ride yet, but the insides are the same as I remember them. A lot of things from the attraction are the same - still cool and way fun! My Mom had a wheelchair and we still waited for about an hour (we went in July). We felt like that was WAY too long! We went in the morning - we should have waited for the evening.
I'm so glad the Subs are back!
Now if we can just get the People Mover..........