What is audio in Cars Land like?

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

kronk's angel
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

What is audio in Cars Land like?

Post by kronk's angel » Oct Sat 06, 2012 7:29 pm

Haven't been to see it yet, and wondered what audio in Cars Land was like? Loud? Subtle? What era?

"Life is a Highway" over and over and over?

The good? The bad? The ugly?
No, no... He's got a point.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: What is audio in Cars Land like?

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Sat 06, 2012 7:56 pm

The area loop is mostly car songs from the 50's and 60's I think, Mater's ride is him singing, Lugi's flying tires is sterotypical italian music (think New Jersey without the smell :D) and Radiator springs racers is a combo of 20's and 30's songs as well as some of them being covers because the recordings suck and some western swing style music.

dustinm3
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by dustinm3 » Nov Tue 27, 2012 4:21 pm

Now, during the holidays, they have holiday-themed music playing in cars land. But they put a cars twist to it. I can't recall the exact titles now, but one that I vaguely remember was "driving through a trucking wonderland"... As usual with Disney, it's done well, fits well with the theme, and really gets you in the mood!

dustinm3

Post by dustinm3 » Nov Tue 27, 2012 4:23 pm

dustinm3 wrote:Now, during the holidays, they have holiday-themed music playing in cars land. But they put a cars twist to it. I can't recall the exact titles now, but one that I vaguely remember was "driving through a trucking wonderland"... As usual with Disney, it's done well, fits well with the theme, and really gets you in the mood!
Also, as an additional note-- the holiday-themed music is for the land in general (when walking down the streets, etc.), but the attraction-specific music seems the same (e.g. Italian music was playing at Luigi's, etc.).

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Dec Thu 06, 2012 11:29 pm

dustinm3 wrote:
dustinm3 wrote:Now, during the holidays, they have holiday-themed music playing in cars land. But they put a cars twist to it. I can't recall the exact titles now, but one that I vaguely remember was "driving through a trucking wonderland"... As usual with Disney, it's done well, fits well with the theme, and really gets you in the mood!
Also, as an additional note-- the holiday-themed music is for the land in general (when walking down the streets, etc.), but the attraction-specific music seems the same (e.g. Italian music was playing at Luigi's, etc.).
There was a Cars twist holiday music playing. Had I seen this thread I would have recorded some bits to share.
Wizzard419 wrote:The area loop is mostly car songs from the 50's and 60's I think, Mater's ride is him singing, Lugi's flying tires is sterotypical italian music (think New Jersey without the smell :D) and Radiator springs racers is a combo of 20's and 30's songs as well as some of them being covers because the recordings suck and some western swing style music.
Correct on the music summation except for the NJ reference. Luigi's was all Italian music, not really stereotypical IMHO.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Dec Thu 06, 2012 11:49 pm

Yes, Larry the Cable Guy is singing all the songs in the Mater ride.

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Dec Wed 12, 2012 10:10 pm

One of the recent Window to the Magic podcasts (352 I think) is just an hour of Christmas time Cars Land background music. Is there a way we could upload that to Sub and get it in the rotation?

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Dec Thu 13, 2012 9:38 pm

Kinda off topic, but Cars Land looks like a lot of fun. I hope I get to check it out in the future.

*Wishes Cars Land comes to Disney's Hollywood Studios*
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Dec Fri 14, 2012 12:36 pm

NaCler wrote:One of the recent Window to the Magic podcasts (352 I think) is just an hour of Christmas time Cars Land background music. Is there a way we could upload that to Sub and get it in the rotation?
If you have the track ready send it over and I can try getting it uploaded through the FTP.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Dec Fri 14, 2012 10:04 pm

Thanks Len. I need to edit it before trying to get it to you for upload. I'll see what I can do this weekend.

jonathansportsc
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by jonathansportsc » Dec Fri 21, 2012 5:46 pm

A lot of the music in Cars Land can be danced to via Cha Cha or different types of swing. The Cars Land CD has 5 songs from Mater's Junkyard Jamboree that are all swing and other dances like quickstep. I believe there are 9 or 11 total songs on MJJ, though, some of them are similar. As others posted, you can also hear songs from the 50's or so, like from the Temptations (stop, in the name of love, is on the Cars Land CD)

jdubbya33
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by jdubbya33 » Apr Tue 16, 2013 3:25 pm

I was watching a Disney vacation planning DVD and noticed a restaurant that seemed to have a great view of the radiator springs raceway and background. I have not been to California Adventure since Cars land opened so I don't know what it is. Do any of you have any idea which restaurant in Cars land this could be? Thanks.
Jonathan

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Tue 16, 2013 7:08 pm

jdubbya33 wrote:I was watching a Disney vacation planning DVD and noticed a restaurant that seemed to have a great view of the radiator springs raceway and background. I have not been to California Adventure since Cars land opened so I don't know what it is. Do any of you have any idea which restaurant in Cars land this could be? Thanks.
Sounds like you are talking about Flo's V8 Cafe. We've not been there yet either, but the photos look pretty cool. The one wall appears to be all windows overlooking the Ornament Valley and Radiator Springs Racers area.

jdubbya33

Post by jdubbya33 » Apr Tue 16, 2013 11:55 pm

Amy wrote:
jdubbya33 wrote:I was watching a Disney vacation planning DVD and noticed a restaurant that seemed to have a great view of the radiator springs raceway and background. I have not been to California Adventure since Cars land opened so I don't know what it is. Do any of you have any idea which restaurant in Cars land this could be? Thanks.
Sounds like you are talking about Flo's V8 Cafe. We've not been there yet either, but the photos look pretty cool. The one wall appears to be all windows overlooking the Ornament Valley and Radiator Springs Racers area.

Yes, that describes what I saw. Very cool. Thanks!
Jonathan