Magic, Memories, and You to end

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Magic, Memories, and You to end

Post by Len90 » Aug Wed 22, 2012 5:08 pm

It was reported in the Disney Parks blog that the final performance for Magic, Memories, and You will be September 3 (Labor Day). IASW will then be transformed for the annual SW Holiday. However, Magic, Memories, and You will not return. Instead a new live entertainment experience will debut at the Fantasyland Theatre.

The link from the blog: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... gdom-park/
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: Magic, Memories, and You to end

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Wed 22, 2012 6:52 pm

The show is pretty cool, and I'm hoping that the new show will be similar, but maybe without the photos...

It's about time a new SHOW is put into Fantasyland Theatre!!!! :D

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Thu 23, 2012 12:16 am

I'm looking forward to seeing what they'll do with the Fantasyland Theatre. I think the last time I saw something there was when Pocahontas had a show...or something.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 23, 2012 6:15 am

elizabethswann wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing what they'll do with the Fantasyland Theatre. I think the last time I saw something there was when Pocahontas had a show...or something.
I think Hunchback was playing there when we were last at DL. If I'm thinking of the right theater that is...

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Thu 23, 2012 9:47 am

Amy wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing what they'll do with the Fantasyland Theatre. I think the last time I saw something there was when Pocahontas had a show...or something.
I think Hunchback was playing there when we were last at DL. If I'm thinking of the right theater that is...
Hunchback was over at the Big Thunder Ranch...and we LOVED that show! We were upset when they took it away. :(
The last thing I remember in Fantasyland Theatre was the Snow White Musical. We didn't care for it too much.
I remember the Disney Afternoon Revue, Dick Tracy, Beauty and the Beast, Pocahontas and (my favorite) Animazement all in that theatre...and I vaguely remember Videopolis waaay back in the day. We never really went over there...at the time, I was much more interested in IASW. :shock:

It will be very interesting to see what they do with it. My hope is that it will be a show that entertains everyone...boys, girls, adults young and old...and not something that focuses on a single story. That's what I loved about Animazement. There were several characters (Belle, Aladdin, Hunchback, Pocahontas, Lion King) and it appealed to both boys and girls.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Sun 26, 2012 7:34 pm

You probably saw the Snow White show, I think that was the last stage show they put on there. If I recall, the rumor as to why that abruptly ended was that management fired a large portion of the actors because they were drunk at work.