Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln?

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

darthblixt
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln?

Post by darthblixt » Aug Wed 22, 2012 11:26 am

Another attraction that I've never seen. I'm a lifelong Disneyland fan but for one reason or another I've just never seen it. Is it worth seeing?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln?

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 22, 2012 12:17 pm

darthblixt wrote:Another attraction that I've never seen. I'm a lifelong Disneyland fan but for one reason or another I've just never seen it. Is it worth seeing?
I've only seen it once, but I enjoyed it very much :D

darthblixt

Post by darthblixt » Aug Wed 22, 2012 12:21 pm

Does he get assassinated by audioanimintronic John wilkes booth?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 22, 2012 1:29 pm

darthblixt wrote:Does he get assassinated by audioanimintronic John wilkes booth?
:lol: Uh, no. The show is set earlier in his presidency...

darthblixt

Post by darthblixt » Aug Wed 22, 2012 1:44 pm

Oh good because that would be horrifying

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Wed 22, 2012 7:01 pm

We both love GMWML! We went in there at least once per trip. During the 50th, there was another version that I really enjoyed. It involved 3D sound through headphones and it put you in the story.

Alas, a few years later when they updated the Lincoln animatronic, the show was reverted back to the original show. I was a little disappointed to see the headphone version, but seeing the original again was a breath of fresh air. :D

Definitely go.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 22, 2012 8:22 pm

MmeLeota wrote:We both love GMWML! We went in there at least once per trip. During the 50th, there was another version that I really enjoyed. It involved 3D sound through headphones and it put you in the story.

Alas, a few years later when they updated the Lincoln animatronic, the show was reverted back to the original show. I was a little disappointed to see the headphone version, but seeing the original again was a breath of fresh air. :D

Definitely go.
We were there during the headphone era. It reminded me of Sounds Dangerous that was at MGM Studios at the time. I didn't realize it didn't always have the surround sound!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Thu 23, 2012 9:59 am

Back in '92, there was something at MGM Studios that was kinda like Sounds Dangerous, but it wasn't called that. I remember going into some sort of booth, putting on headphones and the lights went out and you heard all sorts of 3D sounds. But yes, that's what it reminded me of too. The scissors and Lincoln whispering both gave me chills everytime.

The original is more like the Hall of Presidents...for lack of a better comparison...but only with one president of course ;)

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Aug Thu 23, 2012 4:24 pm

i think i saw somewhere that the first run for the original AA, Walt and his imagineers watched Lincoln spring a hydraulic leak. (the original hydro fluid had a dye marker in it... RED). i believe it was a documentary...

this is what i found related on the web

from-- http://www.cockam.com/disnumbr.htm
One source reports that when Abraham Lincoln in the original Hall of Presidents display at the New York Worlds Fair dubuted, a malfuncction occurred and red hydraulic fluid leaked into his clothing. Investors and critics thought that Lincoln's assassination was being recreated. Although it was said that from that time on, clear hydraulic fluid was substituted, there was at least one instance many years later, at Walt Disney World, that red fluid leaked out of a figure in Hall of Presidents (5/08).

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 23, 2012 7:43 pm

dstrawn9889 wrote:i think i saw somewhere that the first run for the original AA, Walt and his imagineers watched Lincoln spring a hydraulic leak. (the original hydro fluid had a dye marker in it... RED). i believe it was a documentary...

this is what i found related on the web

from-- http://www.cockam.com/disnumbr.htm
One source reports that when Abraham Lincoln in the original Hall of Presidents display at the New York Worlds Fair dubuted, a malfuncction occurred and red hydraulic fluid leaked into his clothing. Investors and critics thought that Lincoln's assassination was being recreated. Although it was said that from that time on, clear hydraulic fluid was substituted, there was at least one instance many years later, at Walt Disney World, that red fluid leaked out of a figure in Hall of Presidents (5/08).
Oh my goodness ~ that would be interesting! I imagine people would probably try to sue for being traumatized :roll:

wxwiz
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by wxwiz » Sep Mon 03, 2012 7:04 am

A few yrs ago they updated Mr. Lincoln to be electro animatronic which makes it more life like. You should see it at least once. The lobby of the theater is also worth spending some time in.

darthblixt

Post by darthblixt » Sep Wed 05, 2012 11:23 am

Sweet I love a good lobby

dstrawn9889

Post by dstrawn9889 » Sep Thu 06, 2012 7:38 am

wxwiz wrote:A few yrs ago they updated Mr. Lincoln to be electro animatronic which makes it more life like. You should see it at least once. The lobby of the theater is also worth spending some time in.
so mr lincoln joined the ranks of SARCOS AA's at disney parks? add him to the list along with the auction pirate, and the Wicked Witch of the west...

zooey2011
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by zooey2011 » Sep Thu 06, 2012 10:34 am

Mr Lincoln is a great atraction. educational and relaxing

darthblixt

Post by darthblixt » Sep Thu 06, 2012 1:50 pm

They should have based it around a different president, we all know the lincoln story. They should do an attraction staring Martin Van Buran, my favorite prez. He came and gave a speech at my school in the 6os.