Dateline Disneyland

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Dateline Disneyland

Post by Wizzard419 » May Mon 12, 2014 2:44 pm

Short of scrapping mermaid and starting over, I don't think there is any amount of tweaks that can fix the severe "cheap" feel of the ride itself.

I went on big thunder for the first time since the renovations, it is nice and smooth but (as with all the times they do long-haul fixes) you walk away questioning if a year was really worth it. Especially since they partially dismantled the sluice in the waiting area rather than fix it.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Wed 14, 2014 10:49 am

I can't say the refurb of TLM was too exciting, although I do think the blacklight Under the Sea scene looks much better without being able to see all the HVAC and ceiling framework. I wish I could have seen BTMRR while we were there. I do wonder what exactly they are going to construct for the safety railings on Alice...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Wed 14, 2014 2:25 pm

Not sure, but you will notice that in the long stream of crap that they spew, they again were wrong about the outdoor track being changed. Most likely because it simply would be way too steep a grade to make the path any shorter.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Sun 18, 2014 7:31 pm

Disneyland today announced the new prices, single day adult tickets now cost $96, and (which may be somewhat beneficial to crowds) they have dropped the SoCal APs. If you have not renewed by yesterday you will not have it as an option for renewal.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Sun 18, 2014 9:09 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Disneyland today announced the new prices, single day adult tickets now cost $96, and (which may be somewhat beneficial to crowds) they have dropped the SoCal APs. If you have not renewed by yesterday you will not have it as an option for renewal.
I wonder how much of a difference that will make in crowds. Was it a very big savings for SoCal residents vs. non-residents on the APs? And were there blackout dates that made the difference in price one that people might be willing to pay extra for more days?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Sun 18, 2014 9:19 pm

Not sure, but I think it has zero impact on the traditional capacity days since those would be blocked out already. The only possible benefit for the visitor is that it will reduce the wait during the off season but it may just drive most of them to buy the next level up.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Sun 18, 2014 9:54 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Not sure, but I think it has zero impact on the traditional capacity days since those would be blocked out already. The only possible benefit for the visitor is that it will reduce the wait during the off season but it may just drive most of them to buy the next level up.
What is the difference in price between the discontinued AP and the next level?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Mon 19, 2014 1:00 am

It looks like they were 379 (admission was for 2 parks), interestingly, there is something that I think is new. The "So Cal select", which offers 170 days of admission. The big catch is that all weekends are blocked out, almost all summer from second week in June until mid August, select Fridays/Mondays, weekday holidays, and any some weeks in Spring. It actually doesn't sound too horrible for 279, but you also would need to buy full priced tickets if you wanted to go during a busier time.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » May Mon 19, 2014 11:23 am

http://micechat.com/68018-disneyland-ticket-prices/

Latest update from Micechat: Disneyland gets ready to Rock Your Disney Side with another 24 Hour Party as ticket prices go up again, etc.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Mon 19, 2014 2:32 pm

While the people complain about the rise in ticket prices (yet still go), they do forget that operating costs have risen and will continue to do so. Aside from water, power, and other utilities, they also are going to be paying the workers at least $15/hr with the min wage rise.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Mon 19, 2014 7:48 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:It looks like they were 379 (admission was for 2 parks), interestingly, there is something that I think is new. The "So Cal select", which offers 170 days of admission. The big catch is that all weekends are blocked out, almost all summer from second week in June until mid August, select Fridays/Mondays, weekday holidays, and any some weeks in Spring. It actually doesn't sound too horrible for 279, but you also would need to buy full priced tickets if you wanted to go during a busier time.
It sounds like it is more than worth an additional $100 for the ticket that doesn't have the blackout dates!

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Mon 19, 2014 8:12 pm

Yeah, even though most of my visits fall into that window, I do sometimes run in during the blackout dates as well. Supposedly that pass is going away later this year too.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Wed 28, 2014 3:31 pm

Do at DLR today Tony Baxter and Marty Sklar (I think that was him, fat face, glasses, wrinkles) were doing some promotional stuff again. They might have been filming segments to update the various Disney travel specials.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Mon 02, 2014 11:49 am

http://micechat.com/69585-summer-refurb ... isneyland/

Latest update from Micechat: Summer gets underway as refurbishments and construction continues at Disneyland, etc.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Mon 02, 2014 2:30 pm

"Marvel themed Duck brand Duct Tape: Perfect for that guy you know who hangs out by the playgrounds in a windowless van and has a soundproof basement!" :D