Dateline Disneyland

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Dateline Disneyland

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Mon 30, 2012 2:54 pm

I just assumed the police shot you and now have started seeking a new target for the hose.

Considering that the only people getting hurt by the protests are the protesters being shot by the police, I would say "avoid the cops". :D

There was something circulating that Videopolis might be making a return since events like that seem to help with concession sales.

Also, way to bury the lead, Roscoe's coming to OC? It gets the hose (this week maple syrup) for failure to promote!

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Tue 07, 2012 7:15 pm

I'm behind on this since I was recovering from a tiring birthday night out the other day but here it is.

http://micechat.com/9386-fantasyland-changes/

Latest update on Micechat: Fantasyland changes on their way as the wilds of Adventureland get safer, etc.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 07, 2012 8:42 pm

elizabethswann wrote:I'm behind on this since I was recovering from a tiring birthday night out the other day but here it is.

http://micechat.com/9386-fantasyland-changes/

Latest update on Micechat: Fantasyland changes on their way as the wilds of Adventureland get safer, etc.
I hope the moorings for the Jungle Cruise are securely fastened. I would hate to think of another incident like what happened with the steamboat...
It will be interesting to see what they come up with for the Alice in Wonderland attraction for safety features. Those tarps really are ugly. I can't believe it has been two years already that they have been up!

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Wed 08, 2012 11:10 pm

You mean the Sailing Ship Columbia (that's the one that killed a guy, and will do so again!), that most likely won't happen again for a few reasons. The big one was that the cleat design (the ropes connected to the ship from the dock rather than the other way round), the elevation, and they used synthetic rope (stronger than natural fibers and the cleats).

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 09, 2012 6:41 am

Wizzard419 wrote:You mean the Sailing Ship Columbia (that's the one that killed a guy, and will do so again!), that most likely won't happen again for a few reasons. The big one was that the cleat design (the ropes connected to the ship from the dock rather than the other way round), the elevation, and they used synthetic rope (stronger than natural fibers and the cleats).
Oh yes, the Sailing Ship. Good to know they have that all figured out and hopefully solved permanently.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Thu 09, 2012 11:44 am

Yeah, the other issue was that since it was on christmas day (a normally busy time apparently) and staff wanted to take time off to be with their families, they had someone who was either untrained or not fully trained on how things should go and they roped the boat when it was coming in too fast (they would just back it up if it overshot) and that set off the events. Something similar happened with the subs too, but no one was hurt in that case.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Mon 13, 2012 7:19 pm

I haven't been home all day to do this so here's the latest update from MIcechat.

http://micechat.com/9737-fantasy-faire-destination-d/

Fantasy Faire construction goes vertical as D23 celebrates 75 years of Disney Animation, etc.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Tue 14, 2012 1:54 pm

It gets the hose, this week featuring ranch dressing, and no towel so the heat will make things even worse!

They are going to make a fortune on that tour considering that the fans will pay anything to see in there.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Tue 21, 2012 3:51 am

http://micechat.com/10014-luigis-flying-tires/

Latest update from Micechat: Disneyland removes beach balls, speeds up Luigi’s Flying Tires in Cars Land, etc.

I still haven't gone on Luigi's as the line is ALWAYS long and the loading speed is slow as molasses so I don't have much of a say for what they should do for it. I do, however, like that they removed the beach balls to speed up loading. I remember watching when the next set of guests to go take their seats, their very first thing to do was grab a beach ball or two BEFORE sitting down.

darthblixt
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by darthblixt » Aug Wed 22, 2012 4:17 pm

I havent been to dca since cars land opened Luigis is the ride I'm most looking forward to

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Sun 26, 2012 7:31 pm

darn busted VPN and being renditioned to Canada for the week by the boss, this time you and the VPN get the hose with maple syrup.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sun 26, 2012 8:59 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:darn busted VPN and being renditioned to Canada for the week by the boss, this time you and the VPN get the hose with maple syrup.
Mmmm, maple syrup ~ sounds more tasty than punishing!

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Sun 26, 2012 9:51 pm

I love it when they don't realize that the hose puts out about about 300 gallons per minute with 500 psi. :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 27, 2012 7:53 am

Wizzard419 wrote:I love it when they don't realize that the hose puts out about about 300 gallons per minute with 500 psi. :D
Guess we'll need to bring some Belgian waffles then...little Eggos just won't cut it with that flow ;)

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Mon 27, 2012 12:38 pm

I think that is enough talk about your flow for one day. :shock: