Dateline Disneyland

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Dateline Disneyland

Post by Amy » Sep Tue 04, 2012 6:24 am

Wizzard419 wrote:I think one of the biggest problems is that it doesn't tell any story (I got so much s*it for saying that on another board). If you hadn't seen the movie, which is likely if you consider how old the movie is, it would summarize as the following...

You see a girl that seems to want something

She has a party

Another woman gives her legs

She meets a guy

They get married

There is no conflict or resolution so nothing makes sense, not even why the black person is bad (it kinda comes across as racist since the only black thing in there is being villified).
Isn't Ursula more purple?
And what's this?? You've been cheating on us with another board??!! :shock: ;)

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Tue 04, 2012 11:07 am

Her underside is purple, but the bulk of her skin is black... she's also naked when you consider she wears no bikini, but she has no nipples.

I told you from the start it was an open relationship, I can't help it if you can't cope. :D

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Wed 05, 2012 10:25 pm

Interesting... I am getting a report (will be there at lunch tomorrow) that the holiday (the present and drunken sex under pine trees one, not the candy and uncle bad touch one) decorations are partially up on Main Street. My guess is that they are filming holiday specials/ads for other networks.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Thu 06, 2012 3:55 pm

Indeed they do appear to be filming ads for the holidays, they always do them when it's 90 out so that everyone has that holiday spirit. :D

Also, finally got on radiator springs racers again, I never realized how much more silent they are compared to test track. I listened as they were driving by one of the walkways (not really an option when I was at the preview).

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 06, 2012 8:15 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Indeed they do appear to be filming ads for the holidays, they always do them when it's 90 out so that everyone has that holiday spirit. :D

Also, finally got on radiator springs racers again, I never realized how much more silent they are compared to test track. I listened as they were driving by one of the walkways (not really an option when I was at the preview).
Interesting that they film this early. I suppose they have to have time to get the ads put together in time to air them.
What did you think of Radiator Springs Racers? Other than them being quiet?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Thu 06, 2012 9:28 pm

There have kind of always been ads and shows filming holiday stuff when it's a furnace outside (it was 90 today), Mervins used to shoot their ads at DLR in the 90's at the end of august as well.

I've ridden them before, still fun, still haven't lost (suck it, noobs). :D

Did get to go on Matterhorn (it reopened after the theshold for crowds) and not a fan of having my knees almost to my chest. I know it sucked out loud when you would land on the seat belt of the old one but the lack of legroom is not fun.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Sat 08, 2012 10:35 pm

One thing I remember now, they must really have the changeover for Ghost Galaxy down since it needs less than a week to install the ride portion of it as it will close Monday and re-open Friday. I know it's much less involved than HMH or SMH but originally, if I recall, it took the better part of a month to set up.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sun 09, 2012 7:47 am

Wizzard419 wrote:One thing I remember now, they must really have the changeover for Ghost Galaxy down since it needs less than a week to install the ride portion of it as it will close Monday and re-open Friday. I know it's much less involved than HMH or SMH but originally, if I recall, it took the better part of a month to set up.
Do they leave the screens in place all year or do they have to put those up and take them down? That would be a bulk of the work I would think. The rest would just be lighting and music right?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Sun 09, 2012 11:52 am

No, they remove the screens (there are only 4 I think) and they may also remove the extra projectors they use inside as well since it would be wasteful (and possibly bad for the hardware) to leave them off for almost 10 months a year. For the most part it's just making sure the focus is right and synching up audo and timing for when a car passes. I am trying to remember if they started setting up the exterior projectors before the close last year though... I want to say they didn't.

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Sep Sun 09, 2012 4:31 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:No, they remove the screens (there are only 4 I think) and they may also remove the extra projectors they use inside as well since it would be wasteful (and possibly bad for the hardware) to leave them off for almost 10 months a year. For the most part it's just making sure the focus is right and synching up audo and timing for when a car passes. I am trying to remember if they started setting up the exterior projectors before the close last year though... I want to say they didn't.
yeah, leave all the mounts in place, and just click the projectors back onto them, hand the screens, and remount the projector triggers on the track... easy, peasy

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Sun 09, 2012 5:13 pm

The one I am surprised they don't just have always set up in a permanent housing is the one for world of color (it's used whenever they are promoting a film). You always see this little shack appear while riding california screamin'.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Sep Mon 10, 2012 2:41 am

http://micechat.com/11554-merchandise-b ... ta-street/

Latest update from Micechat: Merchandise takes over Buena Vista Street and Disneyland food gets less magical, etc.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Mon 10, 2012 11:46 am

That reminds me, MadEye, yes I saw the tombstones on sale at DLR this week ($21.95) they are small but heavy.

I was wondering what the ice fairy stuff was for, I thought it was part of the commercial shoots.

Also, it gets the hose for failure to mention the shoots. (This week, room temperature egg nog).

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 10, 2012 8:32 pm

elizabethswann wrote:http://micechat.com/11554-merchandise-b ... ta-street/

Latest update from Micechat: Merchandise takes over Buena Vista Street and Disneyland food gets less magical, etc.
That's too bad about the napkins and cups and such. I always enjoyed the fancier Disney-themed things. I'm guessing WDW will be following suit as well :(

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Mon 10, 2012 8:40 pm

I wonder if they actually did away with them or if it is one of those supply shortages as they change over to a new design? I can't picture them not trying to slap their brand on every single surface they can find.