Dateline Disneyland

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

GeoffS
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Re: Dateline Disneyland

Post by GeoffS » Dec Tue 10, 2013 1:56 pm

I don't know why anyone would get bent out of shape over the Salvation Army sermon. It's a religious group. Every shelter run by church-affiliated groups in San Diego make guests sit for an hour sermon to get dinner or a bed for the night. Some recipients refuse to go because of the preaching, but it's their choice. Until secular groups become the norm for charity, this is and was an outlet for proselytizing. Remember Grapes of Wrath and all that? Preaching in the camps before meal service?
At the same time, donors have every choice not to give to organizations that operate like that. We give money to a bike advocacy group and public radio. We volunteer our time to the public library and local blood mobile. There's plenty of alternatives out there.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Dec Tue 10, 2013 4:23 pm

The problem is that they do it in countries with other religions, after a disaster. You can't get food, water, aid because it's all gone and the only way to get it is to go in and listen to how their god is better than your god. So think of it that way, lets say I stab you, you're bleeding out, and you will very much die if you don't get aid, but first you have to listen to my timeshare pitch.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Dec Thu 12, 2013 5:16 pm

Oh, and that kiosk is just going to be the new sunglass hut rather than a food service one. Kind of close to the fountain, which may be a problem in the future.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Dec Fri 20, 2013 3:57 pm

It appears that on the 22nd they are going to be giving away 300 of their candy canes to AP holders. Considering people line up for them when they are full price I can't wait to see the mob when they are free.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Fri 20, 2013 9:41 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:It appears that on the 22nd they are going to be giving away 300 of their candy canes to AP holders. Considering people line up for them when they are full price I can't wait to see the mob when they are free.
First come, first serve? I can see people camping out overnight for that if they are allowed to...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Dec Sat 21, 2013 11:56 am

Yep, considering the distribution starts at 8 AM, they may very well be waiting as early as the park will allow them to. Even if it is the same one they sell, it is going to bring out all the crazy people willing to stand in line 5+ hours to get a $13 candy cane for free.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sat 21, 2013 11:26 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Yep, considering the distribution starts at 8 AM, they may very well be waiting as early as the park will allow them to. Even if it is the same one they sell, it is going to bring out all the crazy people willing to stand in line 5+ hours to get a $13 candy cane for free.
I'd be one of those people...I'm a sucker for free stuff like that ;)

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Dec Sun 22, 2013 12:31 am

Considering how people have been this year, I am guessing that at least one person is going to get shanked with a broken candy cane in the mob to get them. If a woman punched a salavation army bell ringer for saying "Happy Holidays" nothing is off the table.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sun 22, 2013 9:40 am

Wizzard419 wrote:Considering how people have been this year, I am guessing that at least one person is going to get shanked with a broken candy cane in the mob to get them. If a woman punched a salavation army bell ringer for saying "Happy Holidays" nothing is off the table.
On second thought, I'm glad I live too far away :shock: :(

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Dec Sun 22, 2013 11:53 am

Don't worry, the bell ringer was closer to you than you think. :D

But I am sure there will be some excuse in your location for extreme violence with improved weapons made out of holiday decorations. Such as the last container of cheese curds has been sold.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Dec Tue 24, 2013 1:46 am

http://micechat.com/52550-christmas-week-at-disneyland/

Latest update from Micechat: Crowds arrive for Christmas week at Disneyland, etc.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Dec Tue 24, 2013 11:44 am

They need to learn the difference between appeasement and compliance at micechat. :D

But anyway, good god, 2 hour wait for a character meet and greet? Do you get a lapdance or something at the end?

With the subs, I am not quite sure if they are popular or just really bad at moving people through, similar to Toy Story Mania. Since they are slow loading, and can only hold so many at a given moment, they could have a 90 minute wait like an E ticket but are only able to move a small number of people through each hour, like a fantasyland dark ride. Even though they did all that work on the ride, with the décor and such, it is still the exact same manually driven system that was in place when the ride closed last time. So if a pilot is going too fast/slow, they could screw up the tunnel section because the audio wouldn't be matched to the video displayed.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Mon 06, 2014 4:27 pm

http://micechat.com/53681-disneyland-new-years-eve/

Latest update from Micechat: New Year’s Eve and Three Kings Day wrap up Disneyland’s busy holiday season, etc.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Mon 06, 2014 4:56 pm

I do wonder how much it costs to operate EO? It is cheap in terms of labor, but still that is a huge space to use to entertain dozens of people a day, and have to pay out royalties for.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 06, 2014 5:10 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:I do wonder how much it costs to operate EO? It is cheap in terms of labor, but still that is a huge space to use to entertain dozens of people a day, and have to pay out royalties for.
The shows were always pretty full when we were at WDW. And although we didn't go see Captain EO at DL, we were nearby when the show let out and there were a ton of people coming out. I would guess it is relatively inexpensive as there aren't many CMs required to load and unload.