Dateline Disneyland

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Dateline Disneyland

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Mon 14, 2013 4:26 pm

You were the one making claims, so the onus is on you.

Club33Hopeful
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Club33Hopeful » Oct Mon 14, 2013 4:57 pm

You know, I post occasionally on these boards to get away from work and to take my mind off of all of the crap that I have to do on a regular basis. I deal with a lot of crap and a lot of crappy people on a regular basis, and this offers me a way to forget about that. You know, a little bit of that Disney magic. But, you know what? It sucks when I post something that I believe to be true, and I have heard it on good authority. You don't think it is true, and hell, it might not be. You claim that all ABC licenses have to have a legal address, which is not true. I show you a license for a business near me that doesn't have a legal address on it, just a general descriptive location. Then you tell me that the onus is on me to post factual evidence that it is true (even though you haven't posted any evidence that it is not). It's just not worth it. I'm here to relax and get away from crap, not to get beat down for a post that I didn't provide documentation before. I deal with enough interrogation at work.

A member of my extended family was a Club member from the early 70s. They were told this from the original management. Some of the current wait staff will tell you the same thing. Could everyone be wrong? Quite possibly. There certainly is a lot of information circulating about the club and things within the club that are false. There are also commonly held beliefs about the club that are not true but Disney allows it to continue because it is a better story. So, again, you might be correct. I've been a member of the club for a few years now. I believe two people on these forums know that. Don't like to share that information for obvious reasons. Now that I let the cat out of the bag, I will probably go back to not posting. God I wish I could find a Disney community where everyone was just friendly and not so critical about everyone else's posts. I thought this was the site...
-Club33Hopeful

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Mon 14, 2013 5:29 pm

I am not sure why you are taking it personal, but I really don't care either way. Stay or go, the world will continue to go on. I am not even sure why you felt like sharing personal information, but whatever.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 14, 2013 7:57 pm

Gentlemen (I think both of you are gents anyhow) ~ please, can y'all just agree to disagree on this one? I know Wizz likes to rib and joke, and Club33Hopeful (no longer "hopeful" but one of the club ~ congrats!) it is nice to have you around and posting ~ I would hate to see you leave.
I am a fixer...I like to fix things and am sad when I can't. I butted my head up against a wall this weekend with friends over an issue that has been ongoing for a long time and has little hope of changing. I know I probably can't "fix" this between the two of you either, but I would like to see if y'all could maybe call a truce? Then I could feel good that maybe I helped fix something? Pretty please? :D With some Mickey sprinkles on top??

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Mon 14, 2013 8:45 pm

As long as they can provide proof I will always concede. :D

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Oct Mon 21, 2013 11:35 am

http://micechat.com/46110-holidays-move ... isneyland/

Latest update from Micechat: The holidays move in on Halloween Time as off-season refurbishments continue at Disneyland, etc.

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Oct Mon 21, 2013 1:06 pm

pis of the monorail bem... where are the pickup bars on the beams? at WDW there is a pos and a neg, one on each side of the beam... i do not see them in the pics...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Mon 21, 2013 1:43 pm

They use a bus bar apparently, and the reason you see nothing is that it is on the right side of the beam and the photos show the left.

I wonder if the rooms above the starbucks construction are not being used right now? That would have to suck if you were booked in there and got to listen to them working.

dstrawn9889

Post by dstrawn9889 » Oct Mon 21, 2013 6:40 pm

that is wierd, since WDW has pickups on Both sides... odd, but i guess the age and monorail type has to do with pickups

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 21, 2013 7:42 pm

I like when they use the painted scrims for the buildings when they are working on them :D
I am so excited to see It's a Small World and the Haunted Mansion decked out for the holidays! :hm_ghost:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Mon 21, 2013 9:21 pm

dstrawn9889 wrote:that is wierd, since WDW has pickups on Both sides... odd, but i guess the age and monorail type has to do with pickups
The WDW ones apparently, are the same as DLR, but instead of one side it pulls from both. That might be as a backup, or due to the trains being larger, going at higher speed, and in general using more power than the DLR ones.

Sorry Amy, they are going to be closed the week you are here. :mrgreen:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 22, 2013 7:18 am

Wizzard419 wrote:
dstrawn9889 wrote:that is wierd, since WDW has pickups on Both sides... odd, but i guess the age and monorail type has to do with pickups
The WDW ones apparently, are the same as DLR, but instead of one side it pulls from both. That might be as a backup, or due to the trains being larger, going at higher speed, and in general using more power than the DLR ones.

Sorry Amy, they are going to be closed the week you are here. :mrgreen:
I don't believe you :P
And I would guess probably all of those reasons are correct as to why WDW has two and DL has only one.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Thu 24, 2013 3:55 pm

Oh I checked today, the 13 thing for the 13th anniversary of HMH is 13 of some item in every room (foyer included).

They are also assembling the Christmas tree for main street right now, and the first winter holiday decoration is already up. Casa Della Tire's has the star on top of it's tower in front.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Thu 24, 2013 6:33 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Oh I checked today, the 13 thing for the 13th anniversary of HMH is 13 of some item in every room (foyer included). ....
Thanks for checking :D

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Thu 24, 2013 6:44 pm

I never realized this before, but the GAC system actually was already active in DCA for RSR. I always wondered what that stand was off to the side, apparently it was the pre-cursor to the resort wide system.

I also noticed that while the lines of handicapped people seem to be about the same, the amount of parked chairs in pirates is a lot lower.