Dateline Disneyland

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Club33Hopeful
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Re: Dateline Disneyland

Post by Club33Hopeful » Oct Sun 13, 2013 6:00 pm

From what I was told, they numbered the buildings in NOS prior to them applying for the liquor license. Once they applied for the license, they simply put 33 Royal Street, New Orleans Square, Disneyland (and then the delivery address on West st). When they got the liquor license back, the license said "Club 33, Royal Street, New Orleans Square, Disneyland." Since it would be easier to just go with that then to change the license, they just went with Club 33.

The current door is going to stay where it is with the current number system. Even though there will be no club access through that door, it will still be considered the address of the club. You will simply enter club 33 via a door with a different number.
-Club33Hopeful

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Sun 13, 2013 7:48 pm

I am trying to remember what the sign said, in 2011 the management of club 33 was transferred to another division and the liquor license also needed to be transferred so they had to tape the paper sign to the front gates. Because Royal St. isn't a real street in Anaheim, they probably didn't use it for the license. When it comes to liquor and food service, you can't get cute and make up fake locations.

Change that, found it, as noted the real address is not 33 Royal.

Club33Hopeful

Post by Club33Hopeful » Oct Sun 13, 2013 8:57 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Because Royal St. isn't a real street in Anaheim, they probably didn't use it for the license. When it comes to liquor and food service, you can't get cute and make up fake locations.
That is why it had the old delivery address on west street. HAving the "33 Royal Street, New Orleans Square, Disneyland" is no different than adding "Suite 402" to a different establishment's application.
-Club33Hopeful

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Sun 13, 2013 9:11 pm

It actually is different, as 33 royal st makes no appearance on their application and no mail gets delivered to it. It is just a name they gave an establishment. I can call my house "∞5318008∀ Meatstick Drive" it doesn't change the address.

If you dropped a letter in the mail and with the address of 33 Royal St. Anaheim (and whatever the zip code is) it would be undeliverable.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sun 13, 2013 9:22 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:....If you dropped a letter in the mail and with the address of 33 Royal St. Anaheim (and whatever the zip code is) it would be undeliverable.
Unless the postal worker was really cool and recognized the address as Club 33 ;)

Club33Hopeful

Post by Club33Hopeful » Oct Sun 13, 2013 9:35 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:It actually is different, as 33 royal st makes no appearance on their application and no mail gets delivered to it. It is just a name they gave an establishment. I can call my house "∞5318008∀ Meatstick Drive" it doesn't change the address.

If you dropped a letter in the mail and with the address of 33 Royal St. Anaheim (and whatever the zip code is) it would be undeliverable.
If you dropped a letter in the mail that said:

33 Royal Street, New Orleans Square, Disneyland
1313 S Harbor Blvd
Anaheim, CA 92802

It will get to the club faster than if you send it to
1313 S Harbor Blvd
Anaheim, CA 92802

You can put any internal representation you want. The post office reads up from the bottom until they have a viable delivery address. Businesses routinely put suites, mailstops, etc for internal routing. The address on royal street is simply used as a mail stop and was used on the original liquor license application.
-Club33Hopeful

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Sun 13, 2013 10:40 pm

But 33 Royal Street isn't an address, as you just pointed out, 1313 S Harbor is the address. 33 Royal is the equivalence of a name since you can't just put it on a letter and have it arrive. Royal Street isn't used as an address on any liquor application though, which again makes the number a decoration more than functional.

Club33Hopeful

Post by Club33Hopeful » Oct Sun 13, 2013 11:01 pm

Disneyland has one general delivery address. That address was on West st. West st. is now Disneyland Drive. When you submit for an alcohol permit for an address that is like a campus, you have to be specific to where the license will be utilized. The original liquor license for Club 33 listed the shipping address on West, plus the physical address inside of Disneyland. The license was just for the establishment located at 33 Royal Street, New Orleans Square, Disneyland, 1400 S. West St., Anaheim...
-Club33Hopeful

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Sun 13, 2013 11:29 pm

But the license lists the enterprise using it (Club 33 in this example), which isn't the address. Hence why their liquor license does not have the words "33 Royal Street" anywhere on it because it isn't a real location.

Club33Hopeful

Post by Club33Hopeful » Oct Sun 13, 2013 11:41 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:But the license lists the enterprise using it (Club 33 in this example), which isn't the address. Hence why their liquor license does not have the words "33 Royal Street" anywhere on it because it isn't a real location.
All I can offer is that it did in 1967.
-Club33Hopeful

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Mon 14, 2013 12:04 am

What you could offer is documentation that the original license at one point in time did have that address. Disney is no stranger to pushing the limits on laws, but they always have to keep on the legal side because the penalties can be quite stiff.

Club33Hopeful

Post by Club33Hopeful » Oct Mon 14, 2013 12:12 pm

I don't know why you cannot understand that it can have both a physical address and a physical location. I saw a copy of the liquor license a few years back and I believe what the club management told me when I was visiting for a special event. You don't have to believe it.

I have linked a copy of an ABC permit for a business near me on UC Davis's campus that has no physical address. It just shows the nearest cross streets and a general description of SouthWest Corner. The building is not right on that corner but is behind the building that is on that corner. http://www.abc.ca.gov/datport/LQSData.asp?ID=19383374
-Club33Hopeful

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Oct Mon 14, 2013 2:40 pm

http://micechat.com/45512-disability-ac ... isneyland/

Latest update from Micechat: Disability Access Service brings change to Disneyland as the holidays continue to quietly move in, etc.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Mon 14, 2013 3:38 pm

Club33Hopeful wrote:I don't know why you cannot understand that it can have both a physical address and a physical location. I saw a copy of the liquor license a few years back and I believe what the club management told me when I was visiting for a special event. You don't have to believe it.

I have linked a copy of an ABC permit for a business near me on UC Davis's campus that has no physical address. It just shows the nearest cross streets and a general description of SouthWest Corner. The building is not right on that corner but is behind the building that is on that corner. http://www.abc.ca.gov/datport/LQSData.asp?ID=19383374
I can understand a name, but as I bring actual evidence to the table (as in their liquor license) and you can't, I am going to say that you are just talking about a rumor not fact. So until you can show Club 33's license, I call BS.

Club33Hopeful

Post by Club33Hopeful » Oct Mon 14, 2013 4:16 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:I can understand a name, but as I bring actual evidence to the table (as in their liquor license) and you can't, I am going to say that you are just talking about a rumor not fact. So until you can show Club 33's license, I call BS.
The only evidence you brought is the current permit. So you also don't know what was on the original permit. Personally, I don't care if you believe me or not. C'est la vie.
-Club33Hopeful