Disneyland Park Ticket Increases

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Disneyland Park Ticket Increases

Post by MmeLeota » May Sat 19, 2012 12:41 pm

Starting tomorrow, the entrance pricing changes at Disneyland. I saw this article and about fainted. I'm kinda glad we live so far away now because we wouldn't be able to afford to go as often as we liked to...let alone get our annual passes back. :shock:

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthr ... e-Increase

I imagine WDW's pricing change isn't far behind...hopefully it doesn't mirror DLR!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Disneyland Park Ticket Increases

Post by Amy » May Sat 19, 2012 1:18 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Starting tomorrow, the entrance pricing changes at Disneyland. I saw this article and about fainted. I'm kinda glad we live so far away now because we wouldn't be able to afford to go as often as we liked to...let alone get our annual passes back. :shock:

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthr ... e-Increase

I imagine WDW's pricing change isn't far behind...hopefully it doesn't mirror DLR!
Wow ~ some of those percentages seem rather steep! That's unfortunate :(

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » May Sat 19, 2012 1:19 pm

Considering they still have days where they close the park to new guests, they can keep doing it. While other parks here are still doing "Buy one day get the year free".

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Sat 19, 2012 10:28 pm

WDW has usually raised the prices once a year but there have been some years recently where they did it twice a year. I thought Disneyland usually raised prices annually too but there weren't giant step increases usually...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Sat 19, 2012 11:29 pm

In some cases it's not as steep, according to last year's article, the one day only went up 5.3% from 2010 but other tickets as well as passes went up over 8%.

My guess is that part of it is to simply pay off the rennovations/other debts but also shake loose some of the passholders since they are already oversaturated.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » May Sat 19, 2012 11:37 pm

At this rate I may have to invest in upgrading to the DLR/WDW pass with the way the prices are increasing. Oy.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Sat 19, 2012 11:56 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Considering they still have days where they close the park to new guests, they can keep doing it. While other parks here are still doing "Buy one day get the year free".
USO used to do "Buy One Day Get One Free" all the time until they opened WWoHP - ever since then, I've never seen them offered that deal again...

maybe they need to open a WWoHP out there at USH?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Sun 20, 2012 12:24 pm

You might want to look at the cost to upgrade (they do allow it still, I think) to the pass next time you go to Orlando. If you go up a level they will pro-rate your pass and change your expiration date, kind of like what happened when DCA opened. Doing that probably cost DLR more money in the long run but got a larger influx of money at the start of the year since the price hikes always come right before summer.

I asked that somewhere else before and was told that USO never did that, I have been lied to! Does Sea World Orland do/did it too? I forgot, is Bush Gardens a six flags park? They also had that here, even when they opened new rides.

They are opening one of those out here too, in 2014-16 (if the timetable is correct). Though the only ride from the other park will be the robocoaster.

There's also been a thing Knott's has been doing, "season" passes where they only are for 3-6 months.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » May Sun 20, 2012 1:26 pm

Sea World owns and operates Busch Gardens while Six Flags is their own company. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Busch_Gardens I love getting lost within the web of wikipedia for hours.

Also, I don't know how USH will do their annual passes especially with the Transformers ride opening this month but they may change it up. They also have their own version of WWoHP coming within the next few years so that will also change things drastically.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Sun 20, 2012 1:37 pm

They do the usual "buy a day get a year free" during the off season (I think it's still going right now) but I would expect that once they get the new area they might pull it for a year or two to help manage crowds.

garyman
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by garyman » May Mon 21, 2012 10:09 pm

Yes, the Annual Pass prices are getting steep, Looks like we will skip a March Trip in 2013 and wait for October again to go. Luckily this year our Passes expire in December so we get a few more free trips in before we have to repurchase tickets.

I did hear through the grapevine that annual pass holders may get a chance at Magic Morning Hours at DCA. Not sure of al lthe details though.

:goofy: :donald:

Never to old for Disney!

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Wed 23, 2012 6:37 pm

That was just confirmed today for both parks. During the summer (or whatever Sept. 13th is considered) AP holders can sign up for magic mornings at the parks, they get one for each park.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Wed 23, 2012 7:34 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:That was just confirmed today for both parks. During the summer (or whatever Sept. 13th is considered) AP holders can sign up for magic mornings at the parks, they get one for each park.
What do you mean by "sign up" ~ do they have to pick a date in advance? And do the AP holders only get one free magic morning at each park during the year? That doesn't seem like much of a perk...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Wed 23, 2012 7:54 pm

Yep, I just did it to see the days. It looks like at DLR it will be MWF (Weds is traditionally not an early entry day for anyone) and DCA is TT. You have to pick your days and it's first come first served.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/passes/early-entry/

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Wed 23, 2012 8:49 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Yep, I just did it to see the days. It looks like at DLR it will be MWF (Weds is traditionally not an early entry day for anyone) and DCA is TT. You have to pick your days and it's first come first served.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/passes/early-entry/
This seems like a lot of hoopla for only an extra hour in the parks. Do you think very many AP holders will bother?? :?