Disneyland Park Ticket Increases

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Disneyland Park Ticket Increases

Post by elizabethswann » May Wed 23, 2012 9:00 pm

I know I won't. I don't even go to the parks early to begin with so I'm meh on it.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Wed 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Considering it has exclusivity, it probably will. Look at the fantasmic thing or the holiday one. It was just the park operating semi-normally for an extended period.

It might also be an attempt to get concession sales from them, if you notice, all the special events would overlap a meal and have special food options.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Fri 25, 2012 4:49 pm

I would think that the DCA extra hour would be more popular than the DL one because of Carsland. The chance to ride the attractions without as much of a wait would be enticing. It's the reason they are doing it...to help with the crowds. It's why both parks are going to open at 8am all summer long. I commend Disney for trying to get a handle on the crowd control before it happens. I thought the crowd control for World of Color went pretty well...I can only imagine what it's going to look like come June 15th! :shock:

If we were still passholders (and a short drive away), we would probably do both just to have the smaller crowds...and better photo ops.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Fri 25, 2012 5:19 pm

I'm trying to remember, was last summer 8 AM DLR and 9 AM DCA?

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Fri 25, 2012 7:18 pm

I thought DCA opened at 10am (sometimes 11 during the off-peak times back in the day). I seem to remember a 2 hour window between the park openings.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Fri 25, 2012 7:59 pm

Nope, DCA opens at 10 at the latest. During the busier times before the construction, they may have opened at 8 AM but it usually was like an hour after the other park opened. It is interesting that on the opening day they will be starting at 9 rather than 8.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Fri 25, 2012 8:47 pm

When I said "back in the day", I was referring to waaay back when DCA was still new...2001,02, maybe into 03...there were times when we had gone during the "off-peak" times (yes, they actually still existed then) in the middle of the week and DCA opened at 11am. We were going quite often during that time.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Fri 25, 2012 9:21 pm

I could possibly see it happening in the post 9/11 lull, but generally the standards have been 10 am is the latest to open and 6 PM is the earliest close. There was a bad glitch with their admission system for AP's for the first year or so where, when DCA would close first, people's passes/tickets wouldn't work if they had gone to both parks that day and one would close hours before the other.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Sat 26, 2012 10:38 am

Wizzard419 wrote:I could possibly see it happening in the post 9/11 lull, but generally the standards have been 10 am is the latest to open and 6 PM is the earliest close. There was a bad glitch with their admission system for AP's for the first year or so where, when DCA would close first, people's passes/tickets wouldn't work if they had gone to both parks that day and one would close hours before the other.
I vaguely remember that...I seem to remember the first couple of times we went (after DCA opened) there were some issues with admission. Ah! the good ol' days...there were only Deluxe and Premium annual passports and the number of AP holders was nowhere near the numbers they have now.