Cars Land and Beuna Vista Street AP Preview

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: Cars Land and Beuna Vista Street AP Preview

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Fri 01, 2012 6:25 pm

How nice! What a way for you to spend my birthday Wizz! :D Have fun!

I saw that D23 has an opportunity on June 9 or 10 but you have to pay for it...$50 to see Cars Land and Buena Vista Street...$75 to see them at night and have a special showing of WoC....$500 to see it at night, have dinner at Carthay Circle with the Lasseter family and have a special showing of WoC (among other stuff).

The thing that sucks about it is that park admission is not included (except for the $500 package) so if you're not an AP, you have to pay for park admission on top of the price of the event.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Fri 01, 2012 6:25 pm

There were 3, but the way it worked was when you entered you chose any number of the windows and you would be entered in each of those pools. If you won in one your name would be removed from the other two. One thing I didn't like was that they had such a long window to enter.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Fri 01, 2012 6:27 pm

MmeLeota wrote:How nice! What a way for you to spend my birthday Wizz! :D Have fun!

I saw that D23 has an opportunity on June 9 or 10 but you have to pay for it...$50 to see Cars Land and Buena Vista Street...$75 to see them at night and have a special showing of WoC....$500 to see it at night, have dinner at Carthay Circle with the Lasseter family and have a special showing of WoC (among other stuff).

The thing that sucks about it is that park admission is not included (except for the $500 package) so if you're not an AP, you have to pay for park admission on top of the price of the event.
Yes, but that was for charity, so now don't you feel like a horrible person for debating the price? :D

They also had a thing, for people who would have APs expire during the entry window, that they could actually get in the park free that day if they won.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Fri 01, 2012 6:32 pm

I hardly believe that ALL of the money is going to charity...

Plus, I'm just upset that we can't go...if we were still close by, we probably would have hopped in the car and made a weekend trip out of it.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Fri 01, 2012 6:43 pm

They've been really hyping the lodging deals for AP holders at DLR for the last few years. I've always been a little miffed that they never encourage trips to WDW.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Thu 14, 2012 7:48 pm

I just watched a point of view video for Radiator Springs Racers and it looks really good. Very detailed! Looks like I will have to watch Cars before I go out there so things make a little more sense though.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Thu 14, 2012 7:59 pm

They are cars that talk, and pull a Jesus every now and then. What's there to get? :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Thu 14, 2012 8:38 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:They are cars that talk, and pull a Jesus every now and then. What's there to get? :D
I'm just thinking it would be more enjoyable if you knew who the characters actually were...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Thu 14, 2012 8:54 pm

If you noticed in the video, most of the main characters didn't have nearly as advanced anamatronics as some of the more minor charcters (their mouths being projected rather than pratical).

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Jun Thu 14, 2012 10:48 pm

I saw that POV video also Amy, the ride looks amazing! I hope they are doing something similar to Test Track during the refurb.