Opening times

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

G2-4T
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Opening times

Post by G2-4T » May Thu 19, 2005 1:05 pm

So what is up with the new 10 am opening time? I've never been to any Disney park that opens that late in the morning [well, DCA is the only exception]! This Mon-Tues the lines formed early, well before 9, and by the time the gates opened they were up against the gates at DCA. Personally the 9 [or even 8] opening is a lot better, lighter crowds and none of this wait-out-in-front-for-ages it-is-time-for-lunch-already stuff. It also sounded like this was a new change since there were a lot of people in the crowds not expecting the later opening.

And the crowds were thick, esp for weekdays! CM's said it was way beyond the normal crowds, and the way the food ran out at some places and how many eateries were closed it seemed like management was not ready at all for the rush. Are all of the crowds thanks to the big 50th stuff? Still - with good planning we got loads of stuff done, the new stuff for the 50th looks great!
Please Stand Clear of the Doors
Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

[url=http://peopleforthepeoplemover.org][img]http://www.tc.umn.edu/~rrclubum/peoplemover.gif[/img][/url]

See it today! [url=http://backsideofwater.blogspot.com/]The Backside of Water[/url]

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » May Thu 19, 2005 2:08 pm

I didn't even know that Disneyland opened at 10. That's new to me. I hope the 10am thing doesn't last very long- I need a whole day(or more) to do things. Those two hours are very precious.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

kgmadorin
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Re: Opening times

Post by kgmadorin » May Thu 19, 2005 3:02 pm

G2-4T wrote: CM's said it was way beyond the normal crowds, and the way the food ran out at some places and how many eateries were closed it seemed like management was not ready at all for the rush.
I didn't know they were actually re-entacting Disneyland's opening day in 1955 as part of the 50th celebration! That's awesome! :wink: :wink: :wink:

"Nearly 30,000 invited guests, along with countless people holding counterfeit tickets, poured through the gates to create long lines everywhere. Rides broke down shortly after opening and restaurants andrefreshment stands ran out of food and drink. Fantasyland had to be temporarily closed due to a gas leak, workmen were still planting trees and in some areas paint was wet to the touch. The blistering heat of the July day added to the distress as the spiked heels on women’s shoes sank into the soft asphalt on Main Street."
"Our heritage and ideals, our code and standards--the things we live by and teach our children--are preserved or diminished by how freely we exchange ideas and feelings." -- Walter Elias Disney

Lion Sleeps Tonight

Re: Opening times

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » May Thu 19, 2005 5:40 pm

kgmadorin wrote:
G2-4T wrote: CM's said it was way beyond the normal crowds, and the way the food ran out at some places and how many eateries were closed it seemed like management was not ready at all for the rush.
I didn't know they were actually re-entacting Disneyland's opening day in 1955 as part of the 50th celebration! That's awesome! :wink: :wink: :wink:

"Nearly 30,000 invited guests, along with countless people holding counterfeit tickets, poured through the gates to create long lines everywhere. Rides broke down shortly after opening and restaurants andrefreshment stands ran out of food and drink. Fantasyland had to be temporarily closed due to a gas leak, workmen were still planting trees and in some areas paint was wet to the touch. The blistering heat of the July day added to the distress as the spiked heels on women’s shoes sank into the soft asphalt on Main Street."
Haha. That's a very positive way of thinking about it. Some things never change.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."