Dream Suite?

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Dream Suite?

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Thu 09, 2012 1:44 pm

My guess is you can't go out and do anything (other than on the balcony) since they are cleaning up, but they also can't lock you in since a fire would be a death trap.

darthblixt
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by darthblixt » Aug Thu 09, 2012 3:01 pm

Fiery death trap would be bad. I would be tempted to sneak out and take pics. I like to imagine the card-guards from alice in wonderland activly patrol the park at night

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 09, 2012 7:09 pm

darthblixt wrote:Fiery death trap would be bad. I would be tempted to sneak out and take pics. I like to imagine the card-guards from alice in wonderland activly patrol the park at night
:lol: I'm sure they don't let you wander around freely at night. I'm guessing they have some sort of security posted at the castle to help you out if you have any problems.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Thu 09, 2012 9:13 pm

Dream suite at DLR is where the Disney Gallery used to be (New Orleans Square above Pirates) and occupies what was originally going to be the second Disney family apartment. :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 09, 2012 9:26 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Dream suite at DLR is where the Disney Gallery used to be (New Orleans Square above Pirates) and occupies what was originally going to be the second Disney family apartment. :D
Whoops ~ forgot we were in the DL thread :roll: :oops: Of course, I would think it would be the same out at DL ~ security CM posted outside the Disney Gallery in case you needed something through the night...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Fri 10, 2012 11:26 am

I'm trying to recall, I think the suite may have also had a butler so they may have been the line of defence between you going outside when the park is closed.

darthblixt

Post by darthblixt » Aug Fri 10, 2012 12:28 pm

I would sneak outta there like a smooth criminal. How cool would it be to get a pic planking the castles spires

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Fri 10, 2012 11:13 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:I'm trying to recall, I think the suite may have also had a butler so they may have been the line of defence between you going outside when the park is closed.
Yeah, that makes sense....
darthblixt wrote:I would sneak outta there like a smooth criminal. How cool would it be to get a pic planking the castles spires
When ninjas visit Disneyland...

hackmonkey
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by hackmonkey » Aug Tue 14, 2012 6:49 pm

So a family that goes to the same school as my kids was telling me they won the night just last year. They just sat down on one of the benches by the baste and a cast member came up to them and gave them the good news. Apparently they have a team of people perched all over the park, downtown disney, and what not. The cast members have a rough time frame but do not know the exact time and place until they get a call on the phone (prevent cheating I suppose). If you are sitting in that spot at that moment, you win a night in the dream suite.

The family was going on about how they got to go out into the park after closing. They said that you are allowed to go out to the park at night through guided tours. There are actually employee tours that happen and give behind the scenes details. He was saying how his family was roaming the park in robes provided by the suite and got lots of cool behind the scenes details. Sounds amazing. This was just last year I believe. Not sure if they still do it.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 14, 2012 7:52 pm

hackmonkey wrote:So a family that goes to the same school as my kids was telling me they won the night just last year. They just sat down on one of the benches by the baste and a cast member came up to them and gave them the good news. Apparently they have a team of people perched all over the park, downtown disney, and what not. The cast members have a rough time frame but do not know the exact time and place until they get a call on the phone (prevent cheating I suppose). If you are sitting in that spot at that moment, you win a night in the dream suite.

The family was going on about how they got to go out into the park after closing. They said that you are allowed to go out to the park at night through guided tours. There are actually employee tours that happen and give behind the scenes details. He was saying how his family was roaming the park in robes provided by the suite and got lots of cool behind the scenes details. Sounds amazing. This was just last year I believe. Not sure if they still do it.
Oh, that is interesting that they actually do get to go out into the park at night!

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Tue 14, 2012 8:23 pm

Under heavy supervision and restriction. :D

I always wonder what people do if they are picked but aren't an overnight guest? Do they run home and pack a bag or something?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 14, 2012 8:43 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Under heavy supervision and restriction. :D

I always wonder what people do if they are picked but aren't an overnight guest? Do they run home and pack a bag or something?
Maybe they can get a clothing allowance at the gift store? I would guess they would have the normal amenities as a hotel room so toiletries wouldn't be a problem...

darthblixt

Post by darthblixt » Aug Wed 15, 2012 11:18 am

I'm scared I'd forget I changed amenities and accidentally walk out onto the balcony in my chonies