How Many Days for a First Timer at DL?

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

jkm8113

How Many Days for a First Timer at DL?

Post by jkm8113 » May Fri 13, 2005 9:26 am

How many full days should one allow for DisneyLand and CA if they have never been before and want to make sure that they see and do everything and eat some good meals?

FootballGuy101
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by FootballGuy101 » May Fri 13, 2005 10:55 am

Are you talking about Ca Adventure or SoCal in general?
Playing tag should be permitted on Tom Sawyer's Island so the guards would stop yelling at me.

jkm8113

Post by jkm8113 » May Fri 13, 2005 10:57 am

DisneyLand and California Adventure

FootballGuy101

Post by FootballGuy101 » May Fri 13, 2005 11:03 am

You could do it in one day, but two days will definetely suffice, especially when you get the two-day park hopper ticket. That way, you'll have plenty of time to ride all the rides you want and see the shows you would otherwise miss too, like the new parade, the fireworks display, and the eletric light parade. I've gotten pretty close to riding every ride in just one day, so two days will be fine.
Playing tag should be permitted on Tom Sawyer's Island so the guards would stop yelling at me.

G2-4T
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by G2-4T » May Fri 13, 2005 11:17 am

For a first timer I'd say three days would be good, that way you can get the feel for the parks rather than just "do it all in one day" sort of a thing. Esp if you want to ride things twice or see any nighttime shows again. Two days is too short for a first time if you really want to enjoy the parks...
Please Stand Clear of the Doors
Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

[url=http://peopleforthepeoplemover.org][img]http://www.tc.umn.edu/~rrclubum/peoplemover.gif[/img][/url]

See it today! [url=http://backsideofwater.blogspot.com/]The Backside of Water[/url]

FootballGuy101

Post by FootballGuy101 » May Fri 13, 2005 11:24 am

That is a great point. I didn't even think about doing things twice or even more perhaps. I still think you could do it in two, but three would make it more comfortable.

kgmadorin
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by kgmadorin » May Fri 13, 2005 12:33 pm

bdinger wrote:We're doing five days. We're semi-first timers who probably won't make it back to Anaheim for many years. I guess it all depends on how often you'll get to go, and what you plan on doing. For us, we're gonna do one of the tours, and allow some time for hanging out by the hotel and at Downtown Disney.
That sounds like a great plan to me! Though I've been to Disneyland before, I'm bringing my wife down there in a couple weeks and it will be her first time. We're giving ourselves six days, which should be plenty of time to see everthing at the DLR and see the sights around Anaheim.
"Our heritage and ideals, our code and standards--the things we live by and teach our children--are preserved or diminished by how freely we exchange ideas and feelings." -- Walter Elias Disney

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » May Fri 13, 2005 12:49 pm

I've gone with people who have never been before.
DCA is one day
Disneyland is 2
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » May Fri 13, 2005 1:40 pm

That sounds about right. Ever since DCA opened, I haven't spent one day entirely in only one park. I like to do the hopping.

Next month when I go with my family, we're doing for three days. It'll probably end up being the majority spent in Disneyland because of the new fireworks and parade.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

tylerw313

Post by tylerw313 » May Fri 13, 2005 5:20 pm

Don't forget to calculate in the season that you plan to visit in...

Peak season will definitely require more days allotted for attractions, shows, dining, etc. compared to an off-season vacation.

Peak season - I'd say 3 days, 4 TOPS for a first time... Since CA Adventure isn't much compared to DL, you won't need to spend as much time there. DL is the park typically PACKED on a peak-day. Depending on how many rides you want to go on (probably every one; or close to it) you will need more than one day... Ride waits can be up to 3 hours if the crowds are that big. FastPass helps, but that whole process is tricky in how they devise it.

Good Luck, and enjoy your trip!

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » May Fri 13, 2005 5:25 pm

I would figure that for the next year, almost every day will be peak times, what with the whole 50th celebration and all.

Even though I've never been to DLR, I'm going to agree with everyone else and say 1 day for DCA and at least 2 for DL. for the 2 days in DL, you'd want to take your time and take everything in, especially being your first time. Also, as lines may be long, you want enough time to make it from attraction to attraction.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Club33Hopeful
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Club33Hopeful » May Fri 13, 2005 5:26 pm

Also, don't forget it can be to easy to "burn out" a first timer that does not share your enthusiasm. Give them a taste, but don't over do it.
-Club33Hopeful

tylerw313

Post by tylerw313 » May Mon 16, 2005 7:48 pm

I didn't even think of that concept! :lol:

It's weird to even think that there might be people who can't handle Disneyland! :lol:

Gizmata
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Gizmata » May Mon 16, 2005 10:58 pm

Club33Hopeful wrote:Also, don't forget it can be to easy to "burn out" a first timer that does not share your enthusiasm. Give them a taste, but don't over do it.
Remember that burning out also includes feet. I did 5 days straight at WDW a few years back and man that was not as much fun a times with the blisters :(

All depends on the people though.

FootballGuy101

Post by FootballGuy101 » May Tue 17, 2005 12:36 am

Just start walking a couple of weeks before you go and you'll be fine. Make sure you've got nice shoes too...Assics are good...