How Many Days for a First Timer at DL?

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Club33Hopeful
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Club33Hopeful » May Tue 17, 2005 12:40 am

I wear my New Balance at the park. That being said, I think I still walk five times what I do in a normal day and end up with small blisters (after five days).
-Club33Hopeful

Gizmata
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Gizmata » May Tue 17, 2005 12:41 am

How am I going to do that though.. That would take me away from listening to subsonic ;)

The other side of that is they could wear themselves out even before the trip starts :(

kgmadorin
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by kgmadorin » May Tue 17, 2005 7:44 am

That's why we're lucky to be staying for six days. With my wife being pregnant (she'll be 15 weeks when we're visiting), that will allow us time to explore for a few hours, return to the hotel for a soak in the pool and a rest and then hit the parks again in the late afternoon. We'll still be able to see everything without pushing ourselves too much.
"Our heritage and ideals, our code and standards--the things we live by and teach our children--are preserved or diminished by how freely we exchange ideas and feelings." -- Walter Elias Disney

jkm8113

Post by jkm8113 » May Sat 21, 2005 3:53 pm

Well, we are used to WDW and we go at a pretty fast pace, but I would to do DL at a slower pace to stop and smell the roses and not miss anything. Sounds like 3-4 days would be enough for us.

I wear my New Balance shoes, too, they are the most comfortable for me. I also find that changing shoes and/or socks in the late afternoon really helps to re-energize my feet and legs, even if the shoe is the same style, it just feels different.

Club33Hopeful

Post by Club33Hopeful » May Sat 21, 2005 5:30 pm

jkm8113 wrote:I also find that changing shoes and/or socks in the late afternoon really helps to re-energize my feet and legs, even if the shoe is the same style, it just feels different.
Good idea. OF course, changing your socks is a must if you go on Splash Mountain!
-Club33Hopeful

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » May Sat 21, 2005 10:44 pm

Club33Hopeful wrote:
jkm8113 wrote:I also find that changing shoes and/or socks in the late afternoon really helps to re-energize my feet and legs, even if the shoe is the same style, it just feels different.
Good idea. OF course, changing your socks is a must if you go on Splash Mountain!
LOL. That's true. Bringing an extra pair of socks isn't a bad idea. My feet usually get real tired from walking around all day. It's strange that ya don't feel it till ya stop and sit, then you don't want to get up again.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

jkm8113

Post by jkm8113 » May Sat 28, 2005 12:41 pm

Lion Sleeps Tonight wrote: LOL. That's true. Bringing an extra pair of socks isn't a bad idea. My feet usually get real tired from walking around all day. It's strange that ya don't feel it till ya stop and sit, then you don't want to get up again.

Once you get older, it's like that on a day to day basis, even not at a Disney park.
:shock:

FootballGuy101
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by FootballGuy101 » Jun Wed 01, 2005 6:01 pm

I just went to DLR with my friends from the east coast. None of them had ever been before, and we only went for one day. We went on a Tuesday and the crowds were almost nonexistent all day. The longest wait we had to endure was about 45 minutes, with the majority being about 20 minutes. I took them through both parks in one day, but there was definetely stuff we missed. For example, I wanted them to see the Electric Light Parade and the new DL parade, but we missed both. The Electric Parade only runs on the weekends (fri-sun) and we just didn't have enough time to watch the other parade if we were going to get all of the big rides in. 3 days definetely would suffice for the average person.
Playing tag should be permitted on Tom Sawyer's Island so the guards would stop yelling at me.

kgmadorin

Post by kgmadorin » Jun Thu 02, 2005 3:00 pm

We just returned from California and my wife's first trip to Anaheim. We visited the parks using 4-day park hoppers, which seemed absolutely perfect. The two of us enjoy experiencing Disney parks at a lesuirely pace, soaking up the atmosphere and relaxing at the same time. Four days allowed us to see almost everything at the Disneyland Resort without the rush.
"Our heritage and ideals, our code and standards--the things we live by and teach our children--are preserved or diminished by how freely we exchange ideas and feelings." -- Walter Elias Disney

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Re: How Many Days for a First Timer at DL?

Post by Sparten » Apr Mon 11, 2011 7:26 pm

If you want the full experience but don't want to go over board 3 days is perfect 1 for DL 1 for CA and 1 more to finish up anything you missed but take a break before the 3rd day especially if your not used to excessive walking
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus
"Is it a bad thing to have fun?" Me :D