Walt Disney Land

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

kgmadorin
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Re: Walt Disney Land

Post by kgmadorin » May Fri 13, 2005 8:27 am

bdinger wrote:Did anyone catch Regis & Kelly this week when they were broadcasting from Disneyland? Throughout the shows, they would show before and after photos of Disneyland... of how it was in 1955, and how it is today. They screwed up a number of times. My favorite was in Tuesday's show... They showed a shot down Disneyland's Main Street in 1955, but for the present-day photo, they showed Walt Disney World's Main Street. :)

You'd think that somebody from the show or Disney would've caught these.
:lol:

Sounds like they needed someone to do their fact-checking, which incidentally would be a pretty sweet job: to be a Disney rep in charge of ensuring accuracy in programs like that. Does that sort of role even exist? Maybe something tied in with the Disney Archives and Dave Smith?
Last edited by kgmadorin on May Fri 13, 2005 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Our heritage and ideals, our code and standards--the things we live by and teach our children--are preserved or diminished by how freely we exchange ideas and feelings." -- Walter Elias Disney

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » May Fri 13, 2005 8:33 am

Didn't catch the show - sloppy! :?

jkm8113

Post by jkm8113 » May Fri 13, 2005 9:24 am

I didn't see it either. I wonder if Disney ever let's shows know about those kind of screw ups.

kgmadorin

Post by kgmadorin » May Fri 13, 2005 9:52 am

Of course, besides us Disney Park freaks, how many people would notice something like that during a five second video clip?
"Our heritage and ideals, our code and standards--the things we live by and teach our children--are preserved or diminished by how freely we exchange ideas and feelings." -- Walter Elias Disney

FootballGuy101
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by FootballGuy101 » May Fri 13, 2005 10:53 am

Good point there. Aside from the couple of mess ups, was it interesting?
Playing tag should be permitted on Tom Sawyer's Island so the guards would stop yelling at me.

tylerw313

Post by tylerw313 » May Fri 13, 2005 5:29 pm

bdinger wrote:
FootballGuy101 wrote:Good point there. Aside from the couple of mess ups, was it interesting?
It wasn't really that interesting. I'm at work when Regis & Kelly is on, so I never really watch the show. Since they were going to be in Disneyland and Walt Disney World this week, I decided to tape it. It was cool to see the parks, but it seemed to really only serve as a backdrop to their show. There were a couple features and references to the parks, but nothing really exciting.
Almost ALL reports of Disneyland during May 5th were like that... :(

FootballGuy101

Post by FootballGuy101 » May Fri 13, 2005 6:22 pm

That's too bad. I remember when they went to WDW over the summer I think? I've never been there so it was interesting to get a chance to see what it's like there.
Playing tag should be permitted on Tom Sawyer's Island so the guards would stop yelling at me.

Fantasrick
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Regis and Kelly

Post by Fantasrick » Jun Tue 28, 2005 2:34 pm

Yeah, leave it up to those two to make such mistakes. I'd bet they would be lost without their teleprompters, kind of like Ron Burgandy Anchorman.

AlexLoup
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by AlexLoup » Jun Tue 28, 2005 6:59 pm

tylerw313 wrote:
bdinger wrote: It was cool to see the parks, but it seemed to really only serve as a backdrop to their show. There were a couple features and references to the parks, but nothing really exciting.
Almost ALL reports of Disneyland during May 5th were like that... :(
This may seem off subject, but my local station was there (they are own by Disney) but my station did a whole ten minutes on the news about it. The guy that was there even used the old ABC cameras that they used on the first day.

If anyone has been to DCA while they are doing that Primetime thing (where they have the stars come and talk about their shows) or had seen it, the host Dale Yurong is from Fresno and works for the local station, so he gives free tics to people.

Back on subject:

They are both so stupid, mostly Kelly how did she get to be a host, and Regis is just annoying.
I've gone full circle on my avatars.