Special AP Holiday Party at DLR

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Special AP Holiday Party at DLR

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Thu 03, 2011 2:57 pm

AP holders check your emails for an invite to a holiday party for Monday the 14th. It's first come first served for who gets tickets.

elizabethswann

Re: Special AP Holiday Party at DLR

Post by elizabethswann » Nov Thu 03, 2011 5:23 pm

I got my invite though I'm going to see if my mom's up to going. It'd be nice to check it out.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Nov Thu 03, 2011 5:31 pm

If you go, maybe you can help out mindflipper with his request??? :)

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Nov Thu 03, 2011 5:46 pm

MmeLeota wrote:If you go, maybe you can help out mindflipper with his request??? :)
I don't think I've seen his request; what was it?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Thu 03, 2011 5:50 pm

Help him bury a body?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 03, 2011 6:02 pm

elizabethswann wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:If you go, maybe you can help out mindflipper with his request??? :)
I don't think I've seen his request; what was it?
Wizzard419 wrote:Help him bury a body?
Nooooo :roll: Well, I suppose it is sorta somewhat related as it does involve a coffin :shock: ;)
He wanted someone that was willing to purchase the Nightmare Before Christmas coffin popcorn ~ you get to eat the popcorn and he'll paypal you to send him the casket.
Here's the link... viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7485

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Thu 03, 2011 6:19 pm

Oh, I didn't see that. I'm probably going to be there next week so I will go get one if you tell me where they are.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Nov Thu 03, 2011 8:13 pm

My guess is that they're somewhere in New Orleans Square by the Haunted Mansion Holiday.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Thu 03, 2011 8:18 pm

I'll check next time if you don't get there first.

I wonder how many sets of passes they are giving out for the event? I am guessing they sent out over 100,000 emails since the codes had space for it.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Nov Fri 04, 2011 7:51 pm

Thanks for posting the link Amy...I would have, but my computer was giving me trouble... :roll:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Tue 08, 2011 9:11 pm

Got my passes today and will probably go, no lunch meeting this week as we are seeing the new harold and kumar movie tomorrow. If I go I'll go get that popcorn thingy if mfer still wants it.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Tue 08, 2011 9:34 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Got my passes today and will probably go, no lunch meeting this week as we are seeing the new harold and kumar movie tomorrow. If I go I'll go get that popcorn thingy if mfer still wants it.
You might want to send him a pm. He hasn't been on as much lately...but I'm assuming he still wants one. If I catch him on facebook, I'll ask...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Tue 15, 2011 9:32 pm

Did anyone else here go? It was a lot of fun. I normally avoid the parks after dark so this was the first time seeing the snow/holiday wishes for me.

The nice thing was that while the invite noted "select attraction" almost every attraction was open (outside of toontown, critter country, stuff that was down for rennovations or closed at night, Indy, and show attractions.) They also used the theater for the opera house to show two of the disneyland christmas specials (from the 60's) on a loop.

The special holiday foods were pretty awful to me but people were lined up for almost everything. I did try the bacon chedder popcorn and that was a war crime on my tounge (it used that bacon salt product). Some of it was downright horrible sounding, such as the hot dog topped with macaroni and cheese.

There was also a special ornament set release, which looked nice.

It seems like an experiment to see how well these events work (in terms of how much money is spent since they also had to pay for overtime/extra shifts) they even had the ticket booths running till almost midnight. Hopefully they will do it again next november, a lot of people noted it was a nice surpirse.

The funny thing about the wristbands, they were paper and looked like they could be snaped off with ease (if you didn't have one all you needed was some tape, a piece of paper and a highlighter) but the things were stronger than the plastic ones they use at WDW.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Wed 16, 2011 7:02 am

Wizzard419 wrote:Did anyone else here go? It was a lot of fun. I normally avoid the parks after dark so this was the first time seeing the snow/holiday wishes for me.
The nice thing was that while the invite noted "select attraction" almost every attraction was open (outside of toontown, critter country, stuff that was down for rennovations or closed at night, Indy, and show attractions.) They also used the theater for the opera house to show two of the disneyland christmas specials (from the 60's) on a loop.
The special holiday foods were pretty awful to me but people were lined up for almost everything. I did try the bacon chedder popcorn and that was a war crime on my tounge (it used that bacon salt product). Some of it was downright horrible sounding, such as the hot dog topped with macaroni and cheese.
There was also a special ornament set release, which looked nice.
It seems like an experiment to see how well these events work (in terms of how much money is spent since they also had to pay for overtime/extra shifts) they even had the ticket booths running till almost midnight. Hopefully they will do it again next november, a lot of people noted it was a nice surpirse.
The funny thing about the wristbands, they were paper and looked like they could be snaped off with ease (if you didn't have one all you needed was some tape, a piece of paper and a highlighter) but the things were stronger than the plastic ones they use at WDW.
Sounds like fun. That is pretty cool that a lot of attractions were open for the event. Why wasn't Indy open? Was that one of the attractions down for rennovations?
Bacon cheddar popcorn does not sound very tasty. And I've seen the hot dog topped with macaroni on the disney food blog I believe. That one sounds a little weird as well. Were there food items for free and included with the evening, or was everything available for purchase?
Those wristbands sound like they are made of Tyvek I believe ~ they are super strong even if they seem really flimsy!

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Nov Wed 16, 2011 12:30 pm

I wish I had gone but didn't RSVP. I had a lot of things to do that day anyway so I'm glad to hear it was fun!