Special AP Holiday Party at DLR

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Special AP Holiday Party at DLR

Post by Amy » Nov Wed 16, 2011 12:56 pm

elizabethswann wrote:I wish I had gone but didn't RSVP. I had a lot of things to do that day anyway so I'm glad to hear it was fun!
Was it expensive?

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Wed 16, 2011 2:48 pm

Amy wrote: Sounds like fun. That is pretty cool that a lot of attractions were open for the event. Why wasn't Indy open? Was that one of the attractions down for rennovations?
Bacon cheddar popcorn does not sound very tasty. And I've seen the hot dog topped with macaroni on the disney food blog I believe. That one sounds a little weird as well. Were there food items for free and included with the evening, or was everything available for purchase?
Those wristbands sound like they are made of Tyvek I believe ~ they are super strong even if they seem really flimsy!
I think Indy was either broken or taken down because it seems like it's an expensive ride to run (It is down a lot and opens later during the slower times)

The food items were all for sale and people ate that crap up. The french market was serving cheesecake topped with bananas foster (well fake since it was probably just bananas in caramel topping) and people were lined up out the door for it.

The event itself was free for AP holders, they've been doing a lot of AP only events that require nothing more than putting in a reservation.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Nov Wed 16, 2011 5:10 pm

Amy wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:I wish I had gone but didn't RSVP. I had a lot of things to do that day anyway so I'm glad to hear it was fun!
Was it expensive?
I think the tickets were a raffle of sorts. You'd RSVP and you'd see if you got an email confirming it and I think you'd get four tickets or something so you can bring friends. Maybe next year I'll try it out.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Wed 16, 2011 5:34 pm

Nope, they were first come first served. You could have 3 AP holding guests as well, so if you had friends that wanted to come and didn't have APs they would not be allowed to stay.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Wed 16, 2011 8:22 pm

That's nice that it was free!

garyman
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by garyman » Dec Tue 27, 2011 6:34 pm

Well you will get another chance,, Except it will be a Leap Year Party of some sorts. Date to be announced. February 29th comes to mind.

:hatter_bounce: :hm_ghost: :goofy_bounce:

Never to old for Disney!