Cars Land Contest

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Cars Land Contest

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Mon 22, 2011 10:46 pm

I'm not sure if this is an epic ego-trip or what, but John Lassiter is holding a contest for a private tour for four with him of the new land when it opens next year.

The catch? You need to provie a photo, presumably personal, of him as a skipper from 1977 to enter. :twisted:

Johnofthejungle.com

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Cars Land Contest

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 23, 2011 6:09 am

It seems like I have seen a photo of him as a skipper during one of his presentations. I would think it would be an interesting tour :D

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Aug Tue 23, 2011 8:43 am

Does this mean that there will be multiple winners or will the grand prize winner be selected from a hat (obviously I didn't go to the site to check it out)? I am pretty sure that more than a few people have a pic of him as a skipper.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Tue 23, 2011 10:27 am

There will be only one winner, but to get in you need to provide said 1977 photo of him, I'm guessing photoshoped or other non-personal photos are not accepted.

When you think about it, this is very ego driven. "I want you to find a photo of me, and if you bring me a photo of me, I will let you enter a contest where you have the chance to stand closer to me while I talk about my work."

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 23, 2011 10:43 am

NaCler wrote:Does this mean that there will be multiple winners or will the grand prize winner be selected from a hat (obviously I didn't go to the site to check it out)? I am pretty sure that more than a few people have a pic of him as a skipper.
Well, I scrolled through the official rules which wasn't easy since it seemed to be linked to the entry form, and if you tried to close the entry form then you couldn't see the rules...in any case, it looks like you are correct NaCler, it will be a random draw from all entries that are deemed to be an official photo by Lassiter himself. Might be worthwhile doing a search to turn up a photo of him in order to enter! I wish I could remember where/when I saw that photo of him. I'm sure it was during his skippering days!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Tue 23, 2011 11:00 am

Wizzard419 wrote:There will be only one winner, but to get in you need to provide said 1977 photo of him, I'm guessing photoshoped or other non-personal photos are not accepted.

When you think about it, this is very ego driven. "I want you to find a photo of me, and if you bring me a photo of me, I will let you enter a contest where you have the chance to stand closer to me while I talk about my work."
Does it require in the rules for the winner upon meeting him in person for the first time to kneel down and kiss his feet in worship? :roll: :lol:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Tue 23, 2011 12:28 pm

Well they will be on their knees doing something... I guess you could call it "worship". :D

It looks like it has to be a personal photo too, so internet won't help you. There was a blurb about the presentation for it that actually made it sound even more self-centered. It boiled down to that he was looking for a photo of himself as a skipper online and couldn't find any.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 23, 2011 12:57 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:....It looks like it has to be a personal photo too, so internet won't help you. There was a blurb about the presentation for it that actually made it sound even more self-centered. It boiled down to that he was looking for a photo of himself as a skipper online and couldn't find any.
It doesn't explicitly state in the rules that it must be a personal photo
To enter the Contest (i.e. become a “Contestant”), you must submit a photo of John Lasseter performing his duties as a Jungle Cruise skipper between 1977 and 1979

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Tue 23, 2011 1:07 pm

Considering google was no help (since it drove him to do this) and most people won't share their entry photos as it would only hurt their chances.

I wonder if there is a portion of the rules that doesn't permit repeated photos? (it's quite easy to check since they would have a collection and could get a tin-eye lisence to do the checks)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 23, 2011 1:24 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Considering google was no help (since it drove him to do this) and most people won't share their entry photos as it would only hurt their chances.

I wonder if there is a portion of the rules that doesn't permit repeated photos? (it's quite easy to check since they would have a collection and could get a tin-eye lisence to do the checks)
The rules state that you may enter as often as you wish, but it also says that each entry must "embod(ies) a different entry". You also have to have the rights to the photo which does seem to rule out finding a photo in a book or magazine and entering it. Oh well...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Tue 23, 2011 1:29 pm

Or the internets! So I am guessing you can't share your photos and expect to have any of them count.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Tue 23, 2011 1:34 pm

Yeh, nothing like making a contest that is easy and fair to enter... :roll:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Tue 23, 2011 1:42 pm

It's decently fair I guess, all you had to do was be at DLR during the part of 1977 (since 78 doesn't count even though he was a skipper for part of both years)that he was a skipper, be there on a day he was working, be on a boat he was piloting, and then took a personal photo that happened to have him visibily present in it.

How hard can that be? :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Tue 23, 2011 1:57 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:It's decently fair I guess, all you had to do was be at DLR during the part of 1977 (since 78 doesn't count even though he was a skipper for part of both years)that he was a skipper, be there on a day he was working, be on a boat he was piloting, and then took a personal photo that happened to have him visibily present in it.

How hard can that be? :D
Ahhhhhhhhh, the sweet smell of sarcasm... :wink: :mrgreen: :mickey:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Tue 23, 2011 2:04 pm

It's not full sarcasm since it isn't like he said "Oh I worked at at disney park sometime beween now and 1955 doing something, bring me a photo you took and you can enter the contest". It's still just a form a masturbation for him since it's all about him loving him and him loving that you love him. :D