Which DLR Land Would you choose to always visit?

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Which DLR Land Would you choose to always visit?

Fantasy Land
8%
Frontier Land
4%
Adventure Land
17%
Tomorrow Land
21%
Critter Country/Bear Country
No votes
New Orleans Square
46%
Toon Town
No votes
Main Street
4%

Total votes: 24

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Which DLR Land Would you choose to always visit?

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Sat 20, 2011 3:38 am

I don't remember the last time I skipped it, to be quite honest. I skip a lot of other lands like Adventureland (not counting me going through it to escape traffic), Toontown and Fantasyland.

mommyfor2
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by mommyfor2 » Aug Wed 24, 2011 8:47 pm

I really like New Orleans Square, could spend most of my day there, love the background music & just sitting at the French Market watching the ppl. But, I think the next time we go, I will spend quite a bit of time in Adventureland visiting Tiki Room & Jungle Cruise. These were my grandmother's favorite attractions & land, so as a tribute to her, that's where you will probably find me..

"REMEMBER DREAMS REALLY DO COME TRUE" :mickey:

garyman
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by garyman » Aug Tue 30, 2011 10:24 pm

Don't forget the ever shrinking Frontierland, Big Thunder is one of my favorites. Pirates is always fun, and Mickey Pancakes are a treat no matter how old you are.

:hatter_bounce: :hm_ghost: :goofy_bounce: :ccat: :nemo: :wave: :figment:

Never to old for Disney!

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Sep Thu 01, 2011 9:35 am

How can I be the ONLY vote for Fantasyland??? Pinnochio, Alice, Casey Jr, Storybook Boats, HUGE outdoors Small World, Matterhorn, Mr. Toad??? Not even a contest for this WDW native.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Sep Fri 02, 2011 12:01 am

I would go there if I'm with my friends. I don't think I can deal with waiting about 45 minutes for Peter Pan much anymore.

DLfan2011
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by DLfan2011 » Sep Tue 20, 2011 5:05 pm

elizabethswann wrote:I could spend hours in New Orleans Square no matter what. I just like the feeling I get whenever I walk through it.
I couldn't agree more. We always enjoy a slow stroll through New Orleans Square at night after a ride on POTC when it isn't very crowded.

Tigger Fan
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by Tigger Fan » Oct Sat 15, 2011 12:00 pm

The west side of the park late at night is always the best. Sometimes I will walk or even find a place to sit along Big thunder trail after the last fantasmic to watch the people go by.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Oct Sat 15, 2011 2:30 pm

I do love wandering around the west side of the park at night but most of the time it can be hard to avoid the traffic jams from Fantasmic.

DisneySpin
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by DisneySpin » Jun Mon 25, 2012 9:43 pm

Tomorrowland, at any age for me. Loved it as a kid with the short-lived Flying Saucers and the McDonald Douglas Rocket, loved the remodel with the Peoplemover and COP in the 60's, then Space Mountain, Skyway Ride, Autopia, Submarine...too many memories, all good. Always liked the attempts to look "futuristic."
We're all mad here, I'm mad, you're mad."

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Mon 25, 2012 10:10 pm

DisneySpin wrote:Tomorrowland, at any age for me. Loved it as a kid with the short-lived Flying Saucers and the McDonald Douglas Rocket, loved the remodel with the Peoplemover and COP in the 60's, then Space Mountain, Skyway Ride, Autopia, Submarine...too many memories, all good. Always liked the attempts to look "futuristic."
You got to ride the Flying Saucers?! Cool! Have you had a change to try out the Luigi's Flying Tires attraction at DCA yet? That looks like it would be similar to the old Flying Saucer's attraction...

DisneySpin

Post by DisneySpin » Jun Tue 26, 2012 11:27 pm

Amy wrote:
DisneySpin wrote:Tomorrowland, at any age for me. Loved it as a kid with the short-lived Flying Saucers and the McDonald Douglas Rocket, loved the remodel with the Peoplemover and COP in the 60's, then Space Mountain, Skyway Ride, Autopia, Submarine...too many memories, all good. Always liked the attempts to look "futuristic."
You got to ride the Flying Saucers?! Cool! Have you had a change to try out the Luigi's Flying Tires attraction at DCA yet? That looks like it would be similar to the old Flying Saucer's attraction...
Haven't been on it yet but as soon as the Summer crowds are gone, I'm there. The minute I saw the pictures, well, in my mind, I was on 'em! :lol: They look as though they'll operate much the same but I'm sure with the newer technology available, they'll be better. The saucers were always a bit iffy about being open at all, lots of glitches, but when they were going, they were fun!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Wed 27, 2012 9:41 am

DisneySpin wrote:
Amy wrote:
Haven't been on it yet but as soon as the Summer crowds are gone, I'm there. The minute I saw the pictures, well, in my mind, I was on 'em! :lol: They look as though they'll operate much the same but I'm sure with the newer technology available, they'll be better. The saucers were always a bit iffy about being open at all, lots of glitches, but when they were going, they were fun!
I've watched a few videos on youtube and they look ok, but not fantastic. Looks like they move pretty slowly...

leblanan
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by leblanan » Jun Wed 27, 2012 11:21 am

I love Adventureland and New Orleans Square... I've always been a classic Enchanted Tiki Room fan!
"now, bring me that horizon"

DisneySpin

Post by DisneySpin » Jun Fri 29, 2012 3:08 am

Amy wrote: I've watched a few videos on youtube and they look ok, but not fantastic. Looks like they move pretty slowly...
I know, I watched some of those, too. Maybe new technology can't do much for an attraction like that; but if they can keep it operating consistently, it could still be fun since it was excellent to lean one way and ram into another rider. No one got much of a jolt, but it would send you both bouncing off in the opposite direction, so a lot of laughs. So with these new versions, I do want to go on them, but I wouldn't wait in a super long line.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Fri 29, 2012 7:03 am

DisneySpin wrote:
Amy wrote: I've watched a few videos on youtube and they look ok, but not fantastic. Looks like they move pretty slowly...
I know, I watched some of those, too. Maybe new technology can't do much for an attraction like that; but if they can keep it operating consistently, it could still be fun since it was excellent to lean one way and ram into another rider. No one got much of a jolt, but it would send you both bouncing off in the opposite direction, so a lot of laughs. So with these new versions, I do want to go on them, but I wouldn't wait in a super long line.
I would definitely want to try them. But, yeah, I don't think I would wait in a very long queue to do so...