Jungle Cruise changes...

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Should the Jungle Cruise CMs be allowed to deviate from the script and ad lib?

Yes, I like it when they ad their own humor.
83%
No, I think the attraction should remain how it was intended.
17%

Total votes: 23

Club33Hopeful
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Club33Hopeful » May Thu 19, 2005 12:32 pm

Ok. I now remember the reason for this poll in the first place. Yesterday I went on JC for the first time in quite a while. I was unfortunate enough to get a guide that was mostly inaudible. Her jokes were very bad, and you couldn't even pick out anything that resembled the intended script at all. She started out by saying something about her cell phone bills and how everyone tells her she talks to much, and she ends up paying over $120 per month for her $40 per month service. Her monologue got no better than that. Maybe it is just me, but that is what I get just about every time I go on that ride.

Another example: she mumbled something at the hippo, started screaming and fired the gun two times in the air and then laughed. Everone else was wondering if she was on drugs.
-Club33Hopeful

G2-4T
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by G2-4T » May Thu 19, 2005 12:44 pm

FootballGuy101 wrote:Well, it is my understanding, ( I think I got this from Disneyland.com when they had the ride facts up) but I'm pretty sure that the ride itself was based upon the African Queen.
I've heard the same thing. Just was in DL this week and rode the JC, nice new effects and the spiel was just fine and I got the lucky back-of-the-boat seat. Though the mic was a bit iffy a couple times, some fuzz, etc.
Please Stand Clear of the Doors
Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

[url=http://peopleforthepeoplemover.org][img]http://www.tc.umn.edu/~rrclubum/peoplemover.gif[/img][/url]

See it today! [url=http://backsideofwater.blogspot.com/]The Backside of Water[/url]

kgmadorin
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by kgmadorin » May Thu 19, 2005 3:04 pm

Club33Hopeful wrote: She started out by saying something about her cell phone bills and how everyone tells her she talks to much, and she ends up paying over $120 per month for her $40 per month service. Her monologue got no better than that. Maybe it is just me, but that is what I get just about every time I go on that ride.

Another example: she mumbled something at the hippo, started screaming and fired the gun two times in the air and then laughed. Everone else was wondering if she was on drugs.
Sounds like a little training refresher might be in order.
"Our heritage and ideals, our code and standards--the things we live by and teach our children--are preserved or diminished by how freely we exchange ideas and feelings." -- Walter Elias Disney

Club33Hopeful

Post by Club33Hopeful » May Thu 19, 2005 10:18 pm

kgmadorin wrote:Sounds like a little training refresher might be in order.
Forget the refresher... Maybe a little training! :lol:
-Club33Hopeful

FootballGuy101
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by FootballGuy101 » Jun Wed 01, 2005 5:54 pm

I likewise just rode the JC and noticed that my ride was not as enjoyable as it had been in the past. My guide made a joke about flying hippos, and shot the air, that's probably what your CM was doing. It was not a good joke...
Playing tag should be permitted on Tom Sawyer's Island so the guards would stop yelling at me.

borjoyzee
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by borjoyzee » Jun Tue 07, 2005 5:05 pm

Hehe, I say it depends on the person who is operating the boat.
Love Tomorrowland and Adventureland, but hard to decide to which one is best.

Love RCT3

Club33Hopeful

Post by Club33Hopeful » Jun Tue 07, 2005 5:26 pm

borjoyzee wrote:Hehe, I say it depends on the person who is operating the boat.
True... But there would be no bad flying hippo jokes if they stuck to the script. I mean, why even have a script if it is thrown out the window completely.
-Club33Hopeful

FootballGuy101

Post by FootballGuy101 » Jun Sat 11, 2005 2:17 pm

Good point. I mean the script should be the basis for their jokes, in my opinion anyway. I'm going on Monday and I will ride it then, so we will see how that goes.
Playing tag should be permitted on Tom Sawyer's Island so the guards would stop yelling at me.