Indoor Fantasy Land Rides

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Which of the following Fantasy Land Ride Do you like the most?

Alice in Wonderland
No votes
Peter Pan's Flight
82%
Snow White's Scary Adventures
No votes
Pinocchio's Daring Journey
6%
Sleeping Beauty Castle Walk-through
No votes
Mr. Toads Wild Ride
12%

Total votes: 17

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Indoor Fantasy Land Rides

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 18, 2011 1:16 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Because the ride, while unique in design, suffers greatly in the outdoor sections?

Come to think of it, does any fantasy land style dark ride that uses individual cars (outside of peter pan since that is a different configuration) have hills and slopes? Does the peoplemover even have any?

I wonder if it was one of those "We tried it at DLR and it was such a bad idea that we won't do it again" scenarios.
I would agree that while unique and sort of fun, there isn't a lot going on during the outdoor section of Alice.
Peoplemover is all flat.

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Sparten » Aug Thu 18, 2011 2:17 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Because the ride, while unique in design, suffers greatly in the outdoor sections?

Come to think of it, does any fantasy land style dark ride that uses individual cars (outside of peter pan since that is a different configuration) have hills and slopes? Does the peoplemover even have any?

I wonder if it was one of those "We tried it at DLR and it was such a bad idea that we won't do it again" scenarios.
I wouldnt think its because it failed, every time I've seen that line its been a minimum of 30 mins!
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus
"Is it a bad thing to have fun?" Me :D

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Thu 18, 2011 3:03 pm

I don't know if I would say it failed to deliver, but the mechanisim/concept of rubber tires and hills was a terrible idea.

I am wondering what's going to happen with the Test Track import we are getting for Car's Land.

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Sparten » Aug Thu 18, 2011 5:48 pm

I'm expecting to ride it not in 2012 but 2013 cause the line! :shock:
Any way I think its going to be very big not only because its a new ride but because its cars themed which is going to make the line even worse.
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Thu 18, 2011 6:01 pm

That and it's a popular thrill ride. I think Test Track still gets sizeable lines during the busy seasons too, and that's for an old ride.

flyer32
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by flyer32 » Aug Thu 18, 2011 6:53 pm

PPF is just so fun!!! Love this ride!

jenvoycharming
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by jenvoycharming » Aug Fri 19, 2011 3:35 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Pixie duuuuust!!!!

I have always loved Peter Pan! (thanks Mom...) Though I also love Alice and Toad, Peter Pan is special to me. Snow White and Pinocchio scared me as a kid, and I still don't like them as much to this day.
Scaredy cat! ;) I LOVE Pinocchio! I've always been partial to that movie though! Close 2nd is Alice in Wonderland. Always thought Pinocchio and Alice rides were so detailed, and so much like the movie! I think Peter pan is an awesome ride...but it seems a little anti-climactic! You wait 45 minutes (on a good day!) to ride it...get on the ride...and all of a sudden it's over! I loved the view of the twinkling lights but the ride always made me feel like I had whip lash after...and like I was going to slip out of the seat when it would tilt forward.
"When you wish upon a star..."

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Fri 19, 2011 4:06 pm

I think Snow White would be scary to a child considering the number of scary scenes involving the Queen. Pinocchio...somewhat.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Aug Fri 19, 2011 5:22 pm

I think the reason Alice isn't in WDW has to do with capacity. Even Peter Pan, inferior to the Disneyland version, has a moving beltway to keep the crowds boarding. Of course, the designers of WDW never anticipated their crowd-moving designs to be undone by the likes of Fastpass.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

bkyrdmoviemom
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by bkyrdmoviemom » Aug Fri 26, 2011 5:00 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:Second star to the right and straight on till morning!
agree 100%. Got stuck on Alice when I was a little girl and haven't been back on since!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Fri 26, 2011 5:12 pm

jenvoycharming wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:Pixie duuuuust!!!!

I have always loved Peter Pan! (thanks Mom...) Though I also love Alice and Toad, Peter Pan is special to me. Snow White and Pinocchio scared me as a kid, and I still don't like them as much to this day.
Scaredy cat! ;) I LOVE Pinocchio! I've always been partial to that movie though! Close 2nd is Alice in Wonderland. Always thought Pinocchio and Alice rides were so detailed, and so much like the movie! I think Peter pan is an awesome ride...but it seems a little anti-climactic! You wait 45 minutes (on a good day!) to ride it...get on the ride...and all of a sudden it's over! I loved the view of the twinkling lights but the ride always made me feel like I had whip lash after...and like I was going to slip out of the seat when it would tilt forward.
Yep...2 words that describe me.
I never felt Peter Pan was anti-climactic...but I agree that it's not worth the 45 minute wait. I haven't been on it in years because of that. I remember when 15-20 minutes was the wait on a busy day...it wasn't as popular as it is now.
elizabethswann wrote:I think Snow White would be scary to a child considering the number of scary scenes involving the Queen. Pinocchio...somewhat.
The Queen was definitely a factor for me in Snow White. Monstro was a factor for me on Pinocchio...and yes, I hated entering Storybookland...let alone walking past it. :roll:
It's not that I won't go on/don't like Snow White or Pinocchio, they just aren't my favorites.

DLfan2011
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by DLfan2011 » Sep Thu 15, 2011 4:04 pm

I don't think I will ever be to old to ride Peter Pan. We typically haven't waited 45 minutes, we usually get a fast pass and during a visit to DL we ride it at least once everyday we are in the park.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 15, 2011 6:15 pm

DLfan2011 wrote:I don't think I will ever be to old to ride Peter Pan. We typically haven't waited 45 minutes, we usually get a fast pass and during a visit to DL we ride it at least once everyday we are in the park.
My Mom, F1gment here on the forum, loves Peter Pan! It is one of her favorites...She had a very difficult time getting around last trip due to a back and knee injury, and she had to skip one of her favorite attractions ~ Dumbo, but we managed to get her on Peter Pan :peter_pan: So I know for a fact she isn't too old to ride Peter Pan :lol: And she is seventy-...oh, I probably better not say :oops: :lol:

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Sparten » Sep Thu 15, 2011 9:39 pm

Amy wrote:
DLfan2011 wrote:I don't think I will ever be to old to ride Peter Pan. We typically haven't waited 45 minutes, we usually get a fast pass and during a visit to DL we ride it at least once everyday we are in the park.
My Mom, F1gment here on the forum, loves Peter Pan! It is one of her favorites...She had a very difficult time getting around last trip due to a back and knee injury, and she had to skip one of her favorite attractions ~ Dumbo, but we managed to get her on Peter Pan :peter_pan: So I know for a fact she isn't too old to ride Peter Pan :lol: And she is seventy-...oh, I probably better not say :oops: :lol:
Hey When it comes to Disney everybody a kid :D

DLfan2011

Post by DLfan2011 » Oct Tue 04, 2011 4:11 pm

Peter Pan, it brings the inner child out. Do you believe?