Why do YOU love Disneyland so much?

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

jenvoycharming
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Why do YOU love Disneyland so much?

Post by jenvoycharming » Aug Sat 06, 2011 4:52 pm

Today someone on one of my HS groups said he "hated" the fact that their prom back in '98 was at Disneyland! All I could think was What the...?! How could anyone "hate" disneyland? So I got to thinking ....why do I love Disneyland so much? Not everyone is as huge a fan as I am! Thankfully my nieces took after me and love it as much as I do! Maybe it was because I practically grew up there....since I had two sisters and a brother who worked there, it was a huge part of my childhood and had the fondest memories there! I worked there briefly during the summer back in '98. So much fun, and wish I was able to go as frequently!

Why do YOU love Disneyland? :goofy: :donald: :mickey:
"When you wish upon a star..."

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Re: Why do YOU love Disneyland so much?

Post by Sparten » Aug Sat 06, 2011 11:35 pm

This sounds alot like me except here in Washington your bound to hear at least a 30% to 70% chance that someone will say "Whats DisneyLand?" and This alone gives me sleepless nights!!!!
But anyways I love that Disney was created for the enjoyment of everybody young and old and no matter how young or old you feel like a kid!!!!
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus
"Is it a bad thing to have fun?" Me :D

darthblixt
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by darthblixt » Aug Thu 09, 2012 2:19 pm

The atmosphere. Its so much more than the rides, the magic is palpable. You can go anywhere and ride a roller coaster or thrilll ride but disney offers a presentation that no one else can. Walts words ring true that there "age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future"

hackmonkey
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by hackmonkey » Aug Tue 14, 2012 7:05 pm

It's the details!! It is how you can get lost in a feeling standing outside of the Jungle cruise..the sounds, the details in the rocks, the cement patterns, lanterns, etc. Then you walk a few hundred feet and your immersed in the old west or the bayou. Disneyland is all about the details that most people don't even notice. Like the fortune teller lady sounds, the railroad sounds, etc. How the Hollywood style building methods (building details get more compact the higher they are) to make it look like there is a whole town. I have been to many amusement parks but no matter what kind of rides there are or what the theme is, its just rides on a lot. Disneyland gives you an experience even when you are waiting in line. Indiana Jones for example has some of the coolest details while your in line.

For me, it is getting lost in the details.