If there was one ride in DLR you would ride all day long

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Re: If there was one ride in DLR you would ride all day long

Post by Sparten » Aug Wed 17, 2011 1:08 am

MmeLeota wrote:I "have" to ride IASW in order for me to validate being at the park...if I don't ride it, I wasn't there....

I also prefer the Holiday version, but when the song starts to get annoying, I remember what Richard Sherman said. The song is a prayer for peace throughout the world....then I can get past the annoying-ness... :D

I don't hate the ride, and I no longer love it to the point that I have to ride it over and over until my parents want to leave me in there (yes, I loved it that much as a kid... :roll: ). I tease, but I actually like it.
The Holiday Version I don't mind Especially when they turn on all the lights at night!
I "have" to ride IASW in order for me to validate being at the park...if I don't ride it, I wasn't there...." I'd have to agree to that as much as I dislike mostly year round.
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus
"Is it a bad thing to have fun?" Me :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Wed 17, 2011 8:40 am

Actually, I have not riden it in long time (last time was the holiday version in fact years ago) and it does not diminish my enjoyment of the park in the slightest...

DisneySpin
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by DisneySpin » Jun Mon 25, 2012 9:57 pm

Well, since two,of my old favs are gone that would have filled the bill nicely (COP and Peoplemover), I'd have to go with the Disneyland RR; I like being able to look out at the different Lands, hear the announcements, and yeah, Dinosaurs! In fact, back when DLR hosted Grad Nights, after about 1 AM, that's the ride a lot of us got on to catch a few Zzzzz's before trying to hit a few more rides, lol.
We're all mad here, I'm mad, you're mad."

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Mon 25, 2012 10:12 pm

DisneySpin wrote:Well, since two,of my old favs are gone that would have filled the bill nicely (COP and Peoplemover), I'd have to go with the Disneyland RR; I like being able to look out at the different Lands, hear the announcements, and yeah, Dinosaurs! In fact, back when DLR hosted Grad Nights, after about 1 AM, that's the ride a lot of us got on to catch a few Zzzzz's before trying to hit a few more rides, lol.
The Dinosaur panoramas on the RR in DL are pretty awesome!

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Tue 26, 2012 1:03 am

I have two new rides now: Radiator Springs Racers and Mater's Junkyard Jamboree. Mater's is so much fun.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Tue 26, 2012 6:13 am

elizabethswann wrote:I have two new rides now: Radiator Springs Racers and Mater's Junkyard Jamboree. Mater's is so much fun.
What does Mater's Junkyard Jamboree do? It sort of looks like Francis' Ladybug Boogie at Flik's Fun Fair in DCA...and that was just ok as I remember...

Tigger Fan
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by Tigger Fan » Jul Thu 12, 2012 12:31 pm

Another one I could do is night cruises on the twain or Columbia. I could do those all night long IF they would turn the spiels off.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Thu 12, 2012 4:49 pm

Tigger Fan wrote:Another one I could do is night cruises on the twain or Columbia. I could do those all night long IF they would turn the spiels off.
They still run the Mark Twain and the Columbia out in DL? That's nice. They stopped running the Liberty Belle in WDW at night. The CM told me that was because they were down to one generator and they could still navigate back to the dock if the generator went out, but they wouldn't have any lights and that would likely make for some terrified guests :shock:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Thu 12, 2012 10:12 pm

If you mean in general, yes, but running them at night is a "sort of" category. During the summer it's not going to run because of fantasmic (needing the boat itself as well as the pyros being in place, etc.) but during the winter they can run at night. I think they keep the columbia docked though since it doesn't have on board lights/spotlights. When I was there for the AP party in November I went on at night and it was neat, but I also was glued to the smokestack to stay warm since it was in the 60's.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Fri 13, 2012 7:04 am

Wizzard419 wrote:If you mean in general, yes, but running them at night is a "sort of" category. During the summer it's not going to run because of fantasmic (needing the boat itself as well as the pyros being in place, etc.) but during the winter they can run at night. I think they keep the columbia docked though since it doesn't have on board lights/spotlights. When I was there for the AP party in November I went on at night and it was neat, but I also was glued to the smokestack to stay warm since it was in the 60's.
Oh my, in the 60's?! :roll: Southern Californians ~ sheesh! :lol:

zooey2011
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by zooey2011 » Jul Tue 17, 2012 10:27 am

The Train but only if i could stay in the Lilly Bell car all day long

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Tue 17, 2012 8:12 pm

zooey2011 wrote:The Train but only if i could stay in the Lilly Bell car all day long
Have you gotten to ride in the Lilly Belle car on the RR? That would be cool :D

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Tue 17, 2012 8:40 pm

They actually opened it to the public at a local RR thing. Though, having ridden in it, it's not as much fun as it seems since it is just a short route and all.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 18, 2012 6:58 am

Wizzard419 wrote:They actually opened it to the public at a local RR thing. Though, having ridden in it, it's not as much fun as it seems since it is just a short route and all.
It would still be nice to have a look inside and know that Walt and Lillian had ridden in that very car. And of course I would want to take pictures! :D

DisneySpin

Post by DisneySpin » Jul Wed 18, 2012 10:09 am

I was able to ride in the Lilly Belle, some years ago. I was also able to stay on as long as I liked, it was attached to the regular train and so, from my own private car :mrgreen: , I was able to see my dinosaurs as many times as I wanted. This was all due to "knowing someone", but I takes me perks when I gets 'em! The car itself was nice, all red / Victorian with some nice photos. I liked "feeling" the Walt essence, too.
We're all mad here, I'm mad, you're mad."