If there was one ride in DLR you would ride all day long

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Re: If there was one ride in DLR you would ride all day long

Post by Sparten » Aug Thu 11, 2011 2:44 am

No I understand I know alot of people that cant keep their focus on anything for very long unless its their DS game. :roll:
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus
"Is it a bad thing to have fun?" Me :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 11, 2011 10:04 am

Sparten wrote:No I understand I know alot of people that cant keep their focus on anything for very long unless its their DS game. :roll:
That is what gets me. My friend's kids have the attention span of a gnat, but they can sit on their DS or any other video games for hours straight :shock: I don't get it :roll: I suppose I was the same when I was younger, but it was all about reading books and using my imagination! :figment:

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Sparten » Aug Thu 11, 2011 1:36 pm

Amy wrote:
Sparten wrote:No I understand I know alot of people that cant keep their focus on anything for very long unless its their DS game. :roll:
That is what gets me. My friend's kids have the attention span of a gnat, but they can sit on their DS or any other video games for hours straight :shock: I don't get it :roll: I suppose I was the same when I was younger, but it was all about reading books and using my imagination! :figment:
I admit that I like to play games but Im also reading four book series right now including Kingdom keepers, and I'm also a honors student at my high school, but the only thing I cant remember well are things like email addresses or phone numbers.
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 11, 2011 2:06 pm

Sparten wrote:
Amy wrote:
I admit that I like to play games but Im also reading four book series right now including Kingdom keepers, and I'm also a honors student at my high school, but the only thing I cant remember well are things like email addresses or phone numbers.
Good for you and your parents for instilling a love of reading in you. You sound like a very bright student! As for the phone numbers and such, how are you with math? I wonder if numbers just aren't your thing?
Back on topic...I would ride the Disneyland RR all day ~ that would be relaxing :D

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Sparten » Aug Thu 11, 2011 3:56 pm

Im actually really good at math I dont know why i have a hard time with numbers!
but on topic again the DLRR would actually be a good choice.
but I was wondering would you count tom sawer's Island because that would be fun as well, I wouldnt do that though

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Sparten » Aug Thu 11, 2011 3:57 pm

Sparten wrote:Im actually really good at math I dont know why i have a hard time with phone numbers!
but I was wondering would you count tom sawer's Island because that would be fun as well, I wouldnt do that though

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Thu 11, 2011 8:03 pm

Amy wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:I don't think children these days would a) have the attention span or b) enjoy the nostalgia that came with the ride much like older fans do.
ding, ding, ding! You have hit the nail on the head for a lot of the attractions, current children's attention spans are like a flea with all the electronic gear they have access to now-a-days. Wow, does that statement make me look old or what?!
I totally agree! (and not about the looking old part either... ;) ) It blows my mind what these kids have now...

Count me among those who miss America Sings. I was still young when it was taken out, but old enough to at least remember parts of it. It bothers me that the Americana music is going by the wayside...what a shame.

If I had to pick a place to spend all day, in DL it would probably be the DLRR...I find that I can just sit there for hours on end and go around and around the park. I love it when you get lucky enough to have a showdown with a monorail over by the Tomorrowland station, or waving to all the people (ok, mainly CM's) in Critter Country, or even seeing a major boat back up at IASW (and the inner demon chuckles... :twisted: ).

In DCA, it would probably be the Animation building. I love the Animation Academy, and Turtle Talk is never the exact same show and is always entertaining.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 11, 2011 8:08 pm

Sparten wrote:Im actually really good at math I dont know why i have a hard time with phone numbers!
Sure, Tom Sawyer's Island could count. I'm guessing some would find that interesting enough to spend an entire day doing and seeing everything. I don't think I would like it though....

MmeLeota wrote:...If I had to pick a place to spend all day, in DL it would probably be the DLRR...I find that I can just sit there for hours on end and go around and around the park. I love it when you get lucky enough to have a showdown with a monorail over by the Tomorrowland station, or waving to all the people (ok, mainly CM's) in Critter Country, or even seeing a major boat back up at IASW (and the inner demon chuckles... :twisted: ).
Yay! We can ride the RR together :D

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Sparten » Aug Fri 12, 2011 1:23 am

I forget whats IASW?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Fri 12, 2011 6:25 am

Sparten wrote:I forget whats IASW?
It's a Small World :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Fri 12, 2011 8:53 am

Amy wrote:
...and here I am thinking that meant "It's Always Such a Waste"... :mrgreen: :wink: :mickey:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Fri 12, 2011 10:18 am

mindflipper wrote:
Amy wrote:
...and here I am thinking that meant "It's Always Such a Waste"... :mrgreen: :wink: :mickey:
Naughty :evil: That's one of my favorite attractions :mrgreen:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Fri 12, 2011 6:43 pm

But I'm sure that elizabethswann was reading that while drinking something she would have spewed it all over her screen from laughter...

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Sparten » Aug Sat 13, 2011 2:37 am

Im sorry I didnt mean to make you angry! :shock: FORGIVE ME!!!!!! :goofy:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 13, 2011 8:29 am

Sparten wrote:Im sorry I didnt mean to make you angry! :shock: FORGIVE ME!!!!!! :goofy:
No, mindflipper was the one being naughty :roll: ;)
And everyone likes different things so that is ok :D