Ill List in the Comments
No votes

Total votes: 11

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Favorite DLR Show

Post by mindflipper » Jun Sat 18, 2011 10:58 am

elizabethswann wrote:I think they close all the Fantasyland rides for the fireworks.
I know years ago I got to watch the Holidays fireworks while waiting in line for IASWH. I know they closed down all of Toon Town, but back then they didn't close all of Fantasyland. When did they change that?

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Sat 18, 2011 11:26 am

I don't hang about for it, but in the past they use to close Dumbo and storybook land during the fireworks, but now I think the reason they would close more is that they have fireworks on the castle. So they just want to make sure no one gets hurt.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Sun 19, 2011 2:51 am

I know Dumbo and Storybook are still closed during fireworks. My mom and I watched the fireworks from the Dumbo area at one point.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Sun 19, 2011 10:17 am

I think Wizz is right. Once they started to shoot fireworks off around the castle, then for safety reason they would have to close off a lot more...

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Sun 19, 2011 5:58 pm

I got to see Magical up close in front of the castle but I wasn't all too impressed. It was nice for a summer fireworks but it's not entirely my favorite.

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Sparten » Jun Mon 20, 2011 4:53 am

elizabethswann wrote:I think they close all the Fantasyland rides for the fireworks.
They do close all of the Fantasyland Rides and most of Fantasyland in the first place because They launch a majority of fireworks off the roofs there. But the trick is, is that you can see the rooftops of the building from various areas in the park. So there way of being sneaking is they launch some Fireworks out of the Chimneys. I saw this because last time I was there I was riding BTMRR during the show and on the 2nd hill You could just see the rooftops. it might have been Matterhorn too I forget and its late for me :p.
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus
"Is it a bad thing to have fun?" Me :D

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Sparten » Jun Mon 20, 2011 4:55 am

MmeLeota wrote:
Sparten wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:While I love RDCT Fireworks and the Billies, I have a special connection to Fantasmic!...I've been watching it through the years and love everything about it! Especially the soundtrack!

Now, if I were voting for a past show then I would have to say Animazement. I loved that show so much and was heartbroken when they removed it.

...I'm not even going to get started on the parades :roll:
Im alittle fuzzy on the older firework shows but is the Animazement the firework show they had before the dreams come true? because if it is I always thought that was 3 times better than the current show.
And with Fantasmic It came out just around when i was born so technically I been watching it all my life!
Nope. Believe...There's Magic in the Stars was the firework show before RDCT. (I love that one too! Again with the music! :roll: ) We got a chance to watch Believe from Storybookland...it's one trip we'll never forget! the angle was amazing! Believe was the fireworks show that was in conjunction with the 45th anniversary.

Animazement was a stage show that ran from 1998-2001in the Fantasyland Theatre. Here is a link to Yesterland describing the show: http://www.yesterland.com/animazement.html
YES I love Yesterland! ill check it out! great website.
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus
"Is it a bad thing to have fun?" Me :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Mon 20, 2011 8:39 am

Amy wrote:
Well I wonder where she was then? You don't suppose she and Chernabog climbed up on old Monstro and watched the show from up there do you?! :shock: ;) That would rank up there pretty high on the mayhem o'meter! :lol:
MmeLeota did say it was the fireworks for the 45th Anniversary, which could have been before they started shooting off fireworks from around the castle (that started with the 50th, didn't it?). I had seen the fireworks from IASWH some years back, so there was a time all of Fantasyland was open for the fireworks - just not anymore...

DisneyGeek25
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by DisneyGeek25 » Jul Sat 23, 2011 10:44 pm

Fantasmic without a doubt! No competition. The only show I tell everyone to go to whether they're my grandparents or my 5 year old cousins. How can you not like a show that makes you believe there is still magic in the world (even if you have to use a little imagination)?
"The impossibility of the task must not prevent us from undertaking it."

London Evans
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by London Evans » Jul Sun 24, 2011 12:52 am

World Of Color is fantastic, but Fantasmic is FANTASMIC!

London Evans
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by London Evans » Jul Sun 24, 2011 7:08 pm

The biggest problem with World of Color is that there is no good place to watch the show. They need some graduated seating brought in. At 6'2" I could see OK but my kids could hardly see anything. Maybe some risers that come out from underground prior to the show.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Sun 24, 2011 7:14 pm

I wounder if they had that collapsible seating like they do in High School gyms if those seatings could work?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 24, 2011 8:27 pm

London Evans wrote:The biggest problem with World of Color is that there is no good place to watch the show. They need some graduated seating brought in. At 6'2" I could see OK but my kids could hardly see anything. Maybe some risers that come out from underground prior to the show.
That seems to be a common problem in DL, bad sight lines for Fantasmic, and now World of Color. I am among the short ones so I am usually one of the ones bobbing and weaving to see...

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Tue 26, 2011 8:26 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Amy wrote:
Well I wonder where she was then? You don't suppose she and Chernabog climbed up on old Monstro and watched the show from up there do you?! :shock: ;) That would rank up there pretty high on the mayhem o'meter! :lol:
MmeLeota did say it was the fireworks for the 45th Anniversary, which could have been before they started shooting off fireworks from around the castle (that started with the 50th, didn't it?). I had seen the fireworks from IASWH some years back, so there was a time all of Fantasyland was open for the fireworks - just not anymore...
There had been some close proximity castle fireworks during "Believe" and I believe they closed from Dumbo forward to the castle (Peter Pan, Pinocchio, Mr. Toad, Snow White, Carousel, etc...), leaving Storybookland boats back to IASW open. Toontown was always closed during fireworks. We have watched "Remember Dreams Come True" from IASW before (they used to do projections on it), and we watched part of "Magical" from the DLRR (which was running as normal) last summer. When did they start closing all of Fantasyland for fireworks?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Tue 26, 2011 9:03 pm

I think they don't close all of fantasyland but they do close the dark ride area.

I was always curious, does Dumbo still not operate at night (fireworks or not)? I remember, in the 90's, it use to close at night at DLR.