Ill List in the Comments
No votes

Total votes: 11

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Favorite DLR Show

Post by Sparten » Jun Thu 16, 2011 12:29 am

What would your favorite DLR Show have to be? For me I cant get enough of Fantasmic! so what's yours?
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus
"Is it a bad thing to have fun?" Me :D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: Favorite DLR Show

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Thu 16, 2011 2:32 pm

While I love RDCT Fireworks and the Billies, I have a special connection to Fantasmic!...I've been watching it through the years and love everything about it! Especially the soundtrack!

Now, if I were voting for a past show then I would have to say Animazement. I loved that show so much and was heartbroken when they removed it.

...I'm not even going to get started on the parades :roll:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Thu 16, 2011 3:32 pm

MmeLeota wrote:...I'm not even going to get started on the parades :roll:
I can understand if you're still heartbroken over the streetacular, Light Magic. :( :wink:

Personally, I preferred the original Main Street Electrical Parade. :mrgreen: :mickey:

garyman
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by garyman » Jun Thu 16, 2011 6:35 pm

Yes, RDCT Fireworks is a good show.

I wish they would bring back the dancing girls and older vaudville at the Golden Horshoe. A bit more fun in my mind.

:ccat: :hatter_bounce: :hm_ghost: :goofy_bounce:

Never to old for Disney!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Thu 16, 2011 9:18 pm

garyman wrote:Yes, RDCT Fireworks is a good show.

I wish they would bring back the dancing girls and older vaudville at the Golden Horshoe. A bit more fun in my mind.

:ccat: :hatter_bounce: :hm_ghost: :goofy_bounce:
I can remember far back to when WDW Horseshoe in the past was an actual show compared to what it is (or is not) today...

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Thu 16, 2011 9:35 pm

What is the WDW show? If I recall (from years ago) ours is billy hill and the variety show where they don't have a show.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Thu 16, 2011 9:52 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:What is the WDW show? If I recall (from years ago) ours is billy hill and the variety show where they don't have a show.
No, you're right. That's why I added "(or is not)". I think they briefly used it for a Woody & co. meet & greet when TS2 came out years ago...

Arvorenn
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Arvorenn » Jun Fri 17, 2011 3:37 am

Definitively Fantasmic! - great show :)
...although the RDCT fireworks are great, too, but I like Fantasmic! better, still.

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Sparten » Jun Fri 17, 2011 3:41 am

MmeLeota wrote:While I love RDCT Fireworks and the Billies, I have a special connection to Fantasmic!...I've been watching it through the years and love everything about it! Especially the soundtrack!

Now, if I were voting for a past show then I would have to say Animazement. I loved that show so much and was heartbroken when they removed it.

Im alittle fuzzy on the older firework shows but is the Animazement the firework show they had before the dreams come true? because if it is I always thought that was 3 times better than the current show.
And with Fantasmic It came out just around when i was born so technically I been watching it all my life!
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus
"Is it a bad thing to have fun?" Me :D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Fri 17, 2011 7:53 pm

Sparten wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:While I love RDCT Fireworks and the Billies, I have a special connection to Fantasmic!...I've been watching it through the years and love everything about it! Especially the soundtrack!

Im alittle fuzzy on the older firework shows but is the Animazement the firework show they had before the dreams come true? because if it is I always thought that was 3 times better than the current show.
And with Fantasmic It came out just around when i was born so technically I been watching it all my life!
Nope. Believe...There's Magic in the Stars was the firework show before RDCT. (I love that one too! Again with the music! :roll: ) We got a chance to watch Believe from Storybookland...it's one trip we'll never forget! the angle was amazing! Believe was the fireworks show that was in conjunction with the 45th anniversary.

Animazement was a stage show that ran from 1998-2001in the Fantasyland Theatre. Here is a link to Yesterland describing the show: http://www.yesterland.com/animazement.html

wxwiz
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by wxwiz » Jun Fri 17, 2011 8:04 pm

This is tough, but I choose Dreams come True Fireworks show over Fantasmic. Love the summarizing of each "Land" during the show.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Fri 17, 2011 11:29 pm

It was a difficult choice between RDCT and WOC but I preferred Remember... since I can see it enough times and not get sick of it. My sister overplayed World of Color so I had to ignore it for a while.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Fri 17, 2011 11:48 pm

MmeLeota wrote:...We got a chance to watch Believe from Storybookland...it's one trip we'll never forget! the angle was amazing! Believe was the fireworks show that was in conjunction with the 45th anniversary.
Believe was a great show ~ love the music. That is pretty awesome that you got to watch it from Storybookland! Were you on the boats?

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Sat 18, 2011 12:21 am

I think they close all the Fantasyland rides for the fireworks.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Sat 18, 2011 12:24 am

elizabethswann wrote:I think they close all the Fantasyland rides for the fireworks.
Well I wonder where she was then? You don't suppose she and Chernabog climbed up on old Monstro and watched the show from up there do you?! :shock: ;) That would rank up there pretty high on the mayhem o'meter! :lol: