Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: Trader Sam's Tiki Bar/Tangaroa Terrace

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Thu 09, 2011 6:50 pm

Amy wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:I'm debating on if I want to go there for my birthday since it's in August but I'm not sure.
Yes, yes, yes! Anytime you can go to DL is a good time, plus you can get a birthday button and see if you receive any birthday surprises!! Just remember to drink lots of water :D
Oh yes!!! And don't forget to get your free bag of tortillas...oh, wait.... :(

It would be pretty cool if other Subbers are gonna be at DLR around the same time!

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Thu 09, 2011 7:44 pm

HA I don't think i even got free tortillas whenever I went on my birthday but it's okay. I still have a birthday button to use, thankfully, but if it's somewhere in early or mid-August then I can try and go!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Thu 09, 2011 8:46 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
Amy wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:I'm debating on if I want to go there for my birthday since it's in August but I'm not sure.
Yes, yes, yes! Anytime you can go to DL is a good time, plus you can get a birthday button and see if you receive any birthday surprises!! Just remember to drink lots of water :D
Oh yes!!! And don't forget to get your free bag of tortillas...oh, wait.... :(
It would be pretty cool if other Subbers are gonna be at DLR around the same time!
I just read about the birthday tortillas today :( Maybe Ghiradelli will give out a free chocolate bar on your birthday! Darn, I really liked those tortillas ~ I actually buy them sometimes here at the supermarket just to get a Disney fix!

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Thu 09, 2011 10:03 pm

Ah, so they really did close.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Fri 10, 2011 6:27 pm

They closed it I think earlier this week.

DisneyTimon
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by DisneyTimon » Aug Tue 30, 2011 8:34 am

For anyone planning on going, it is SOOOOO worth it! The food from Tangaroa Terrace is very delicious! I recommend the sampler platter so you can try out a bunch of stuff. The flat bread, short ribs, and slaw made with Jicama was tasty!

As for Trader Sam's, I went there a few times during the week. One day was busy, with a 20-minute wait (due to fire codes, they only allow 46 people in the bar, including Cast Members), but there's a patio and fire place outside. There was live music outside some nights and that made it feel tropical. Inside, depending on what drink you order, they have special effects going off. Those with sharp eyes will recognize familiar artifacts from the Tiki Room and the Adventurers Club. Even if you don't drink, it's worth taking a peek inside.
Hakuna Matata! It means no worries!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Tue 30, 2011 1:27 pm

I'm glad you got to go over there....and I'm bummed that we didn't get to meet up! :( We never made it to Trader Sam's/Tangaroa Terrace. We didn't even set foot on the hotel property. There were a ton of things we wanted to do, but just couldn't get to this time. This turned out to be a really tough trip and was limiting on what we could do.
We'll be back though...it's something to look forward to. Thanks for the review! The jicama slaw sounds fabulous! :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 30, 2011 1:51 pm

MmeLeota wrote:I'm glad you got to go over there....and I'm bummed that we didn't get to meet up! :( We never made it to Trader Sam's/Tangaroa Terrace. We didn't even set foot on the hotel property. There were a ton of things we wanted to do, but just couldn't get to this time. This turned out to be a really tough trip and was limiting on what we could do.
We'll be back though...it's something to look forward to. Thanks for the review! The jicama slaw sounds fabulous! :D
Did you get to go to the parks at all?
I was thinking the same thing when DisneyTimon said it...I would love to try the jicama slaw! And the flat bread ~ I like almost any kind of bread :D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Tue 30, 2011 2:32 pm

Amy wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:I'm glad you got to go over there....and I'm bummed that we didn't get to meet up! :( We never made it to Trader Sam's/Tangaroa Terrace. We didn't even set foot on the hotel property. There were a ton of things we wanted to do, but just couldn't get to this time. This turned out to be a really tough trip and was limiting on what we could do.
Did you get to go to the parks at all?
I was thinking the same thing when DisneyTimon said it...I would love to try the jicama slaw! And the flat bread ~ I like almost any kind of bread :D
Oh yes...we made it to the parks...we just didn't make it to all of the places we wanted to go.

...yes, yes...I know you're (im)patiently awaiting a trip report... ;) I've gotten at least some of it written, but we have not been able to weed through all the pictures yet

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 30, 2011 7:29 pm

MmeLeota wrote:...yes, yes...I know you're (im)patiently awaiting a trip report... ;) I've gotten at least some of it written, but we have not been able to weed through all the pictures yet
The pictures are the kicker for sure! I tease, but I took awhile to get my trip report in, so don't feel bad ;) :lol: