Favorite Disneyland Resort Lunch Spots

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Favorite Disneyland Resort Lunch Spots

Post by elizabethswann » May Sun 29, 2011 2:40 pm

Quicker ideas with counter services are the French Market in New Orleans Square with old-fashioned roast beef and citrus chicken, and the clam chowder and green salad duet. Or the hot pastas, pizzas and salads at Redd Rockett’s Pizza Port in Tomorrowland.

At Disney California Adventure park on a sunny Southern California day, book a table for dining al fresco at Wine Country Trattoria, where big salads are a favorite way to go, like the Tuscan Salad with grilled ship or chicken – lettuces, tomatoes, green beans, cannellini beans and roasted pepper with a creamy Italian dressing. (Really live it up with a glass of Chardonnay.)

Soft tacos, burritos and the fajitas salad fill you up at Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill and on those days when a bowl of soup seems like the right thing to do, head straight to Pacific Wharf Café for a sourdough bowl filled with clam chowder, broccoli and cheese soup, corn chowder or veggie chili – the bowl is baked right there in the Boudin Bakery.

Or slip over to Storyteller’s Café in Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, just steps from the park. A cheese flatbread, half-pound burger (you can ask for veggie) or a chicken quesadilla with guacamole are top lunch picks.

What is your favorite lunch spot?

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... nch-spots/

I think this little list might be perfect for those wanting to just go for a nice bite to eat and relax with the scenery. I'm glad to see Storyteller's Cafe is on the list though I'm usually there for dinner to get the buffet.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Favorite Disneyland Resort Lunch Spots

Post by Amy » May Mon 30, 2011 8:20 am

I would have to go with pizza from the Pizza Port in DL or something from the Taste Pilots grill since they have that awesome toppings bar. The sourdough bowl is always a good choice from the Wharf area.
I can't remember anything that sticks out in my mind from DL. I don't go for the food, I go for the attractions and shows :D
There were some mighty tasty looking meals in that article you linked to, but the first picture confirmed the fact that I wouldn't eat that Monte Cristo sandwich. I've never understood deep frying a sandwich and then dusting it with powdered sugar, but then to drizzle it with chocolate :shock: Sounds like a good way to ruin the ham and cheese and chocolate :roll: :lol:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Mon 30, 2011 11:40 am

I don't think that's chocolate, they might have made a blackberry syrup, since that is traditionally what is served with it. Or they could have gone fancy and done a balsalmic reduction as well.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Mon 30, 2011 11:46 am

Wizzard419 wrote:I don't think that's chocolate, they might have made a blackberry syrup, since that is traditionally what is served with it. Or they could have gone fancy and done a balsalmic reduction as well.
Oh, that makes a little more sense..I suppose. It still doesn't look tasty :(

garyman
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by garyman » Jun Wed 01, 2011 2:29 pm

I like the Carnation Cafe on a Monday Afternoon. not so busy.

:ccat: :hatter_bounce: :hm_ghost: :goofy_bounce:

Never to old for Disney!

wxwiz
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by wxwiz » Jun Thu 02, 2011 3:06 am

Favorite lunch spot at DLR is Rancho del Zocalo next to Big Thunder. Love to share the Taco Salad with my wife.
Favorite lunch spot at Cal Adventure is Pacific Wharf. Either Bread bowl soup or Sandwich will do.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Wed 08, 2011 2:57 pm

At DL, we like Cafe Orleans or Carnation Cafe if we're taking our time...Stage Door Cafe or Bengal Barbecue if on the go.

At DCA, we used to like Cocina Cucamonga because they had awesome nachos. Taste Pilots Grill is good too.

Of course, we love the breadbowl soups...we usually do those for dinner.

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Sparten » Jun Mon 13, 2011 11:58 pm

Bengal BBQ forever man.
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus
"Is it a bad thing to have fun?" Me :D

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Tue 14, 2011 12:05 am

If it's my week to steer the lunch meetings we usually hit up House of Blues since they have a wide menu and full bar. Sadly, we can only do it during the off season since it's just too crowded during tourist season and after lunch rides are out of the question.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Tue 14, 2011 5:51 am

Wizzard419 wrote:If it's my week to steer the lunch meetings we usually hit up House of Blues since they have a wide menu and full bar. Sadly, we can only do it during the off season since it's just too crowded during tourist season and after lunch rides are out of the question.
How far away is your company from DL?

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Tue 14, 2011 11:20 am

Sparten wrote:Bengal BBQ forever man.
That is honestly one of the restaurants in DLR I have never tried. I need to get out of my rut and try new places.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Tue 14, 2011 12:26 pm

Amy wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:If it's my week to steer the lunch meetings we usually hit up House of Blues since they have a wide menu and full bar. Sadly, we can only do it during the off season since it's just too crowded during tourist season and after lunch rides are out of the question.
Depending on traffic (from the office) about 10 mins, possibly 15. If I'm working at home then it takes like half an hour.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Tue 14, 2011 1:24 pm

elizabethswann wrote:
That is honestly one of the restaurants in DLR I have never tried. I need to get out of my rut and try new places.
Definitely try it out! I only finally broke down a couple of years ago. We also used to just pass it by since we knew where we liked to eat....best decision! Bengal BBQ is yummy!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Tue 14, 2011 3:21 pm

elizabethswann wrote:
I've never eaten there either. Whenever we passed it, it wasn't a meal time or it was too crowded. Plus I'm not a big meat on a stick fan :roll: Really, that whole area where Bengal BBQ is gets so crowded! But it always smells delicious. I would guess it might be a little like Flame Tree BBQ in WDW?
Wizzard419 wrote:
Amy wrote:
Depending on traffic (from the office) about 10 mins, possibly 15. If I'm working at home then it takes like half an hour.
Oh, I am so envious!!

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Tue 14, 2011 4:22 pm

Eh, I wouldn't be since northern OC isn't exactly full of sparkling vistas. Look at Disneyland, they should probably put you in a prison transport bus (no outside views) when taking you to DLR from the airport.