Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Favorite Disneyland Resort Lunch Spots

Post by mindflipper » Jun Thu 16, 2011 2:47 pm

Amy wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:It's 50 percent ground beef and 50 percent bacon.
NO! :shock: Really?! :shock: NO!!
There should be sirens and claxons going off with someone shouting, "CHOLESTEROL ATTACK!!! CHOLESTEROL ATTACK!!"

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Thu 16, 2011 3:33 pm

This is making me glad that I'm actually watching the calorie intake I eat per day...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Thu 16, 2011 3:57 pm

Yeah, it really is half bacon. Never tried one, but apparently they are very popular.

Still, can't be worse than the heart attack grill (in Arizona) who not only serves bad burgers, endless fries, and full sugar energy drinks and jolt cola, but you can also buy unfiltered ciggs as well.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Thu 16, 2011 4:16 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Yeah, it really is half bacon. Never tried one, but apparently they are very popular.

Still, can't be worse than the heart attack grill (in Arizona) who not only serves bad burgers, endless fries, and full sugar energy drinks and jolt cola, but you can also buy unfiltered ciggs as well.
True, but there's a stereotype of California as the land of the health-food obsessed. I was really expecting it to turn out to be 50% beef and 50% turkey.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Thu 16, 2011 4:22 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Still, can't be worse than the heart attack grill (in Arizona) who not only serves bad burgers, endless fries, and full sugar energy drinks and jolt cola, but you can also buy unfiltered ciggs as well.
I saw that on the Travel Channel for one of their food specials. They abuse the heck out of lard and they put it on their burgers and I think their fries too. What's shocking is that the owner was supposedly a nutritionist.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Thu 16, 2011 8:15 pm

Considering the criteria to be a nutrtionist ranks up there in difficulty as being a real estate agent or inteiror decorator I would believe it.

padproductions
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by padproductions » Aug Mon 08, 2011 5:21 pm

On my last trip to Disneyland, I stopped by the Bengal Barbecue in Adventureland for the first time. I had a kebob and was surprised how delicious it was for its relatively-small price! I definitely recommend them to anyone that doesn't want to stop to have a big meal, but would rather have an appetizer on-the-run.

Tigger Fan
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by Tigger Fan » Oct Sat 15, 2011 12:20 pm

Bengal BBQ I consider to be a lite snack place. The food is good just not all that filling, I always want more. If you want some piece and quiet try Hungry Bear during off peak dining times. Something about watching the Twain or Columbia pass by as you are eating.

garyman
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by garyman » Dec Tue 27, 2011 6:32 pm

Well on my last trip, I parked myself behind the Sailing Ship Columbia. The Name of the vending shop I do not remember, but for about $10 you can get a nice grilled salmon salad. Then sit on the deck and watch all the people go by.

The walway then continues to overlook the Rivers of America, and cross the exit plume of the logs speeding down Spalsh Mountain. Yu can watch the reaction of all those that sit in the fron seat.

:goofy: :donald: :ariel:

Never to old for Disney!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Tue 27, 2011 8:35 pm

garyman wrote:Well on my last trip, I parked myself behind the Sailing Ship Columbia. The Name of the vending shop I do not remember, but for about $10 you can get a nice grilled salmon salad. Then sit on the deck and watch all the people go by.

The walway then continues to overlook the Rivers of America, and cross the exit plume of the logs speeding down Spalsh Mountain. Yu can watch the reaction of all those that sit in the fron seat.

:goofy: :donald: :ariel:
That sounds like a fine place to have lunch and watch lots of things! How was the grilled salmon salad?

garyman

Post by garyman » Dec Tue 27, 2011 9:22 pm

We actually liked them We have done this the last three times at the resort at least one day is here. The salmon was good and the salad was fresh. I only wish the Salmon was warmed a bit. But it is a good meal instead of Burgers and Fries that is relatively light.

Maybe a hint for another topic as well.

Never to old for Disney!

padproductions

Post by padproductions » Feb Thu 02, 2012 11:00 pm

Because of the price for food at Disneyland, I rarely have an opportunity to eat there, but when I do, I always seem to end up at Red Rockett's Pizza Port in Tomorrowland. I love the old attraction posters there (as well as the rest of the atmosphere), and the pizza is great. In addition, the eating area is very open to outside which makes eating there a nice experience.

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Feb Sun 05, 2012 4:11 pm

padproductions wrote:Because of the price for food at Disneyland, I rarely have an opportunity to eat there, but when I do, I always seem to end up at Red Rockett's Pizza Port in Tomorrowland. I love the old attraction posters there (as well as the rest of the atmosphere), and the pizza is great. In addition, the eating area is very open to outside which makes eating there a nice experience.
We like Red Rockett's, too. We also like the Golden Horseshoe. It's a great place to eat a meal while watching the show.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Feb Sun 05, 2012 5:42 pm

I've never really had a chance to eat at the Golden Horseshoe and experience the show. Maybe next time I'll give it a try.

DisneySpin
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by DisneySpin » Jun Sat 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Another vote for Bengal Barbeque! Perfect stop for lunch: lite, quick, flavorful, cheaper, and great Adventureland ambience. Mmm, chicken skewers.
We're all mad here, I'm mad, you're mad."