Favorite Disneyland Resort Lunch Spots

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Favorite Disneyland Resort Lunch Spots

Post by Amy » Jun Tue 14, 2011 4:49 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Eh, I wouldn't be since northern OC isn't exactly full of sparkling vistas. Look at Disneyland, they should probably put you in a prison transport bus (no outside views) when taking you to DLR from the airport.
But you can be at DL within 10-30 minutes whenever you have free time and decide to go! I don't think LA is any worse looking than any other large city...

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Tue 14, 2011 7:38 pm

LA looks worse than OC since it didn't get the planning that we had

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Tue 14, 2011 10:19 pm

Don't you bypass most of LA if you fly in/out of John Wayne Airport?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Tue 14, 2011 11:59 pm

Correct, John Wayne (SNA) is in Santa Ana (it straddles Santa Ana, Newport Beach, and Costa Mesa) and you do not enter LA County. But many tourists don't go to it, usually because it has fewer flights from most destinations. I've also heard it costs more to fly there from other airports, but if you use it as your base then it's cheaper because of southwest.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Wed 15, 2011 6:30 am

Wizzard419 wrote:Correct, John Wayne (SNA) is in Santa Ana (it straddles Santa Ana, Newport Beach, and Costa Mesa) and you do not enter LA County. But many tourists don't go to it, usually because it has fewer flights from most destinations. I've also heard it costs more to fly there from other airports, but if you use it as your base then it's cheaper because of southwest.
We flew into John Wayne when we visited my brother and his family when they lived near LA. Having heard more and more horror stories about LAX, I'm very glad we did!
Wizzard, since you have so many working lunches at DLR, do you have any favorites (beyond the House of Blues which you have mentioned) or do you tend to stick to the DTD restaurants?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Wed 15, 2011 1:16 pm

I don't like the food inside the parks, actually I'm not wild on club 33's food either. But the main reason we stick to DTD is that not everyone has a pass (only a few of us do) so if we want to go into the parks after lunch for a quick ride we can. Ralph Brennans is good, but not everyone wants that, I'm not a fan of the mexican place but some people like that, we do like Catal, but don't go there that often, and we avoid Rainforest like the plauge since it's a family place.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Wed 15, 2011 3:06 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:I don't like the food inside the parks, actually I'm not wild on club 33's food either. But the main reason we stick to DTD is that not everyone has a pass (only a few of us do) so if we want to go into the parks after lunch for a quick ride we can. Ralph Brennans is good, but not everyone wants that, I'm not a fan of the mexican place but some people like that, we do like Catal, but don't go there that often, and we avoid Rainforest like the plauge since it's a family place.
That makes sense to eat in DTD if not everyone has a pass. You're lucky to have been able to eat at Club 33 ~ I would love a chance to do that someday! I've never been a fan of Rainforest :roll: Expensive, mediocre food is all I've experienced there, although they used to have a key lime pie that was quite nice, but the last time we checked, they no longer served it :(

Halvogirl
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by Halvogirl » Jun Wed 15, 2011 4:20 pm

For lunch our family usually likes to have something quick and on the go instead of a sit down restauraunt. I personally LOVE Bengal BBQ It is simple, yummy, and set in the busy adventureland space it gives a fun atmosphere. And it has Bacon Wrapped Asparagrass!
Yes, this is my happy place! Well, when not in my happy place.

It's official, The family is visiting Disneyland in October!

http://www.halvomassage.com
http://www.facebook.com/halvomassage

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Wed 15, 2011 7:50 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:...we avoid Rainforest like the plauge since it's a family place.
I think the plague actually tastes better than the food at the Rainforest Cafe, and that's the best reason to avoid it.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Wed 15, 2011 7:59 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:...we avoid Rainforest like the plauge since it's a family place.
I think the plague actually tastes better than the food at the Rainforest Cafe, and that's the best reason to avoid it.
We only go there when we're taking our nieces for a volcano...besides, there's one here if I get desperate. :roll:

If we're not eating in the parks for dinner, we like going to Tiffy's, Coco's or any other place in walking distance of the park. (Sometimes we'll hit up Whitewater Snacks) We normally don't hang around DTD for food options. (that might change in August if we like Tangaroa Terrace/Trader Sam's) We haven't been to Storytellers Cafe, so we might have to check that out too....

One of our fave places for a burger is not walking distance, but we love Ruby's! Especially the one in Newport Beach on the pier.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Wed 15, 2011 8:22 pm

I was going to say, try Slater's 50 50, famed for their 50 50 burger, (I saw it promoted on the travel channel) but apparently it's not "by disneyland" as they claim, it's quite far away actually.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Thu 16, 2011 2:44 am

I've never even heard of Slater's before. The only restaurant I've gone outside of Disneyland was Sonic's.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Thu 16, 2011 9:10 am

Wizzard419 wrote:I was going to say, try Slater's 50 50, famed for their 50 50 burger, (I saw it promoted on the travel channel) but apparently it's not "by disneyland" as they claim, it's quite far away actually.
What's a "50 50 burger"?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Thu 16, 2011 12:27 pm

It's 50 percent ground beef and 50 percent bacon.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Thu 16, 2011 1:59 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:It's 50 percent ground beef and 50 percent bacon.
NO! :shock: Really?! :shock: NO!!