AOL Disneyland Then and Now

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: AOL Disneyland Then and Now

Post by Wizzard419 » May Tue 31, 2011 7:32 pm

They won't remove it since it's nice to have shade, but now it's so built up they can't put anything on it (no where to house the queue and various segments are blocked out or are being reused for things like the star trader.)

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » May Tue 31, 2011 7:36 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:They won't remove it since it's nice to have shade, but now it's so built up they can't put anything on it (no where to house the queue and various segments are blocked out or are being reused for things like the star trader.)
They could put projectors up there (Ravenscroft's suggestion) and at night animate the walls (my suggestion) like they do at elecTRONica. Perhaps every 15/30 minutes do a little show. I still think lasers are very cool. Perhaps turn that crap thing that replaced rocket jets into a cool laser show bouncing all over well placed mirrors.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Tue 31, 2011 7:39 pm

They might be doing architechtural mapping stuff as part of the media event (there are a bunch of things on the track).

Lasers are not that cool anymore, it's all about mapping.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Thu 02, 2011 2:02 pm

subsonic wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:They won't remove it since it's nice to have shade, but now it's so built up they can't put anything on it (no where to house the queue and various segments are blocked out or are being reused for things like the star trader.)
They could put projectors up there (Ravenscroft's suggestion) and at night animate the walls (my suggestion) like they do at elecTRONica. Perhaps every 15/30 minutes do a little show. I still think lasers are very cool. Perhaps turn that crap thing that replaced rocket jets into a cool laser show bouncing all over well placed mirrors.
Perhaps have some sort of light/effects show like they project on Space Mountain at Halloween time for Ghost Galaxy.