D23 Expo

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: D23 Expo

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Wed 10, 2011 2:47 pm

I only got a twitter to follow my favorite celebrities and to follow Subsonic. I'm not big on it since I don't use it very often but I got it.

But getting back on topic, I saw the D23 facebook page say that they will be showing a preview or something for The Avengers. If anyone is going, let me know how that one goes!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Thu 11, 2011 7:43 pm

NaCler wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:The antici................pation :lol: ;)
:D
Knew you'd liike that... ;)
Amy wrote:
DisneyTimon wrote:
Amy wrote:Yeah, I'm terrible at "the Twitter" but I do have an account...care to share?
DisneyTimon ~ do you have a red tie on in your Twitter picture? If not, I'm not finding you...
Yikes! I missed this one. Sorry. Yes, my Twitter name is TrainerTim and it's actually an orange tie. I use Twitter as a bridge between LinkedIn and Facebook. Sometimes it's boring work stuff and sometimes it's fun Disney stuff. Follow me and I'll follow you!
I'll have to pop over to Twitter one of these days and re-find you. You probably don't want to follow me unless you need the cobwebs growing between my tweets for your home version of the Haunted Mansion :roll:
No worries, I''l be sending all those lovely cobwebs to our friend Mindflipper for use in his annual display. :D (along with any others I happen to find laying around... ;) )

DisneyTimon wrote:
Amy wrote:I'll have to pop over to Twitter one of these days and re-find you. You probably don't want to follow me unless you need the cobwebs growing between my tweets for your home version of the Haunted Mansion :roll:
LOL! I did Tweet to Madame Leota this morning since we're following each other now. The more the merrier, no matter how often you Tweet!
Sweet! Thanks! Honestly, I have been away from all my computer stuff for a few days so I haven't checked twitter or anything....
elizabethswann wrote:I only got a twitter to follow my favorite celebrities and to follow Subsonic. I'm not big on it since I don't use it very often but I got it.

But getting back on topic, I saw the D23 facebook page say that they will be showing a preview or something for The Avengers. If anyone is going, let me know how that one goes!
I will do my best! I am so excited for this!!!! According to what I read, there are supposed to be cast members from the film there...no mention yet of whom...but it is listed as part of the Studios presentation, which of course is in the arena and cameras and such are not allowed... :( But I will definitely let you know!!!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Thu 11, 2011 8:17 pm

MmeLeota wrote:No worries, I''l be sending all those lovely cobwebs to our friend Mindflipper for use in his annual display. :D (along with any others I happen to find laying around... ;) )
Just not as Christmas-y as glowing pumpkins and a six foot skeleton dressed as Sandy Claws...

makeminemusic
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by makeminemusic » Aug Fri 12, 2011 1:36 pm

Just saw the latest event listing! I'll be sure to attend this one!

Sat @ 1pm Michael Giacchino's Music of Pixar
"In this musical presentation, Michael Giacchino provides an earful of tunes and tales about his early influences for Pixar's modern-day classic scores" :nemo:
http://www.waltsmusic.com
Collecting Disney Vinyl

DisneyTimon
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by DisneyTimon » Aug Fri 12, 2011 2:07 pm

makeminemusic wrote:Just saw the latest event listing! I'll be sure to attend this one!

"In this musical presentation, Michael Giacchino provides an earful of tunes and tales about his early influences for Pixar's modern-day classic scores" :nemo:
They've been adding quite a bit to the schedule in the last week. Every time I think I'm finished planning my schedule, out come some more updates! Sunday looks to be the lightest day so far. For obvious reasons, I'm really looking forward to The Lion King in 3D. I already know that it's probably going to be an expensive, but fun shopping, trip next week.

Also, they just launched the D23 Expo 2011 mobile app today! You can access the full schedule and more at http://www.D23mobile.com.
Hakuna Matata! It means no worries!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Fri 12, 2011 8:25 pm

makeminemusic wrote:Just saw the latest event listing! I'll be sure to attend this one!

I totally want to go to this presentation, however if you notice on the schedule it starts at 1pm. The Walt Disney Studios arena presentation ends at 1pm. If the Giacchino presentation starts on time, then folks from the arena presentation won't be able to get in.

I don't know about you, but I am NOT missing out on the Studios presentation!!! That was the best one from 2009!!!

If we can manage to sneak into the Giacchino presentation afterward, then great! If not, we will be high-tailing it for the Pixar Creative Team presentation line!

I'm curious if they plan on adding more to Sunday, because as of now it seems to be more focused on Disney Channel (which is fine since we can grab some swag for our nieces), but pretty light on presentations. There are a couple that sound interesting though.

Already bookmarked the mobile site on my phone...I cannot wait!!!

DisneyTimon
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by DisneyTimon » Aug Mon 15, 2011 8:17 am

MmeLeota wrote:Already bookmarked the mobile site on my phone...I cannot wait!!!
I played around with the site/app (Kind of both, but not really), and added my schedule to Plan Your Day. I hope they do more polls, too. I don't know if I'm more excited that tomorrow's my last day at work or that I'll be at Disneyland on Wednesday! (A little of each perhaps)
:mickey:
Hakuna Matata! It means no worries!