Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

DisneyTimon
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

D23 Expo

Post by DisneyTimon » May Fri 27, 2011 12:22 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to D23 and to posting on this Board, but does anyone know when the schedule for the D23 Expo is being released? I'm trying to plan the rest of my trip around the Expo and didn't want to overbook.

Thanks in advance if anyone has information.

tim
Hakuna Matata! It means no worries!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: D23 Expo

Post by MmeLeota » May Fri 27, 2011 1:38 pm

Welcome to the forums! :D
I haven't heard when the schedule will be released yet, but I'm looking forward to it as well! The only thing I know is that the show floor is going to open at 10am this year (9am for D23 members) and the show floor will close at 7pm. I'm interested in finding out if they plan on having events after the show closes like they did last time. The movie screenings were a blast!

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » May Fri 27, 2011 1:55 pm

Not sure when but I imagine it's soon since (if I recall) the banners arround anaheim say it's in August this year.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Fri 27, 2011 2:50 pm

I would guess it would be released soon as well. I'm looking forward to participating in the expo vicariously through the trip reports here on the forum!!
Welcome DisneyTimon ~ glad to have you aboard :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Fri 27, 2011 6:03 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Welcome to the forums! :D
I haven't heard when the schedule will be released yet, but I'm looking forward to it as well! The only thing I know is that the show floor is going to open at 10am this year (9am for D23 members) and the show floor will close at 7pm. I'm interested in finding out if they plan on having events after the show closes like they did last time. The movie screenings were a blast!
D23 loves sending e-mails, so I would imagine once the schedule has been finalized e-mails will be sent out.

MmeLeota: Will you and Cbog40 be attending this year?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Fri 27, 2011 7:38 pm

I'm still trying to figure out why they send me all those darn event emails when I am not a member.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Fri 27, 2011 7:44 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:I'm still trying to figure out why they send me all those darn event emails when I am not a member.
I think Disney operates a general email system, if you are signed up for one thing, you are signed up for all things...

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Fri 27, 2011 10:14 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:I'm still trying to figure out why they send me all those darn event emails when I am not a member.
Or they could just trying to be clever. If you get all the D23 e-mails, then maybe you woud think you are a member, so that when they send you a D23 membership renewal, you will "renew" it and become a new member... :wink: 8-)

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Sat 28, 2011 10:43 am

mindflipper wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:Welcome to the forums! :D
D23 loves sending e-mails, so I would imagine once the schedule has been finalized e-mails will be sent out.

MmeLeota: Will you and Cbog40 be attending this year?
You bet!!!! It's the one thing that has gotten us through these tough times...and I promise that this year's report will be much better than last time. :oops:

In thinking about it, I'm not sure that we knew the Expo schedule ahead of time. However, I don't think there was a website specifically for the Expo and it was D23's charter year. I really do hope that they release the schedule of events....

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Sat 28, 2011 10:53 am

Thanks, MmeLeota. I get to go D23 Expo vicariously through your trip reports for it.

DisneyTimon
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by DisneyTimon » May Sat 28, 2011 3:26 pm

Wow! Thanks everyone! What a nice welcome and thanks for the information! Usually I listen to Subsonic at work because we have a quiet, boring office, and people stop by to ask to what exactly I'm listening. It's great to educate the "non-believers". :-)

Anyway, I really do appreciate the information. I'm looking forward to meeting up with some of my Disney friends from all over the US. Does this group meet up or have a secret society handshake? It's always fun to meet up with Disney fans.

Do you just post to this forum for everyone who isn't attending, or does this group have a Twitter account?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Sat 28, 2011 3:33 pm

DisneyTimon wrote:Wow! Thanks everyone! What a nice welcome and thanks for the information! Usually I listen to Subsonic at work because we have a quiet, boring office, and people stop by to ask to what exactly I'm listening. It's great to educate the "non-believers". :-)
Anyway, I really do appreciate the information. I'm looking forward to meeting up with some of my Disney friends from all over the US. Does this group meet up or have a secret society handshake? It's always fun to meet up with Disney fans.
Do you just post to this forum for everyone who isn't attending, or does this group have a Twitter account?
There are a few twitter feeds: SSRgatherings and Subsonic_Radio that I know of, but anyone who wants to post the goings-on from the D23 Expo to the forum would be more than welcome. I know I am quite bad at checking Twitter, but I always find time to check the forum ;) We loooooooove photos too!!!
Secret handshake...I don't know about that one...but there were plenty of hugs at the Mayhem Marauder's meetup in December ;) :D

DisneyTimon
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by DisneyTimon » May Sat 28, 2011 3:46 pm

Amy wrote: There are a few twitter feeds: SSRgatherings and Subsonic_Radio that I know of, but anyone who wants to post the goings-on from the D23 Expo to the forum would be more than welcome. I know I am quite bad at checking Twitter, but I always find time to check the forum ;) We loooooooove photos too!!!
Secret handshake...I don't know about that one...but there were plenty of hugs at the Mayhem Marauder's meetup in December ;) :D
Sounds like a friendly group for sure!

I've just added the Subsonic app, so that will make it easier to connect through my phone. I love looking and posting pictures, so it will be fun to share.

DisneyTimon
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by DisneyTimon » Jul Fri 08, 2011 9:35 am

It looks like they've added to the D23 schedule yesterday. With it being six weeks away, I guess they are start to pull things together for us! http://d23.disney.go.com/expo/schedule- ... index.html

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Fri 08, 2011 1:02 pm

I probably won't be posting too much on here until I do the trip report after the fact. However, I do plan to tweet throughout the event.

The antici................pation is definitely building even faster now that the arena events have been released. The excitement-o-mometer burst sometime 3 months ago... :? :lol: ;)