Mr. Toads Wild Ride sending good messages?

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Mr. Toads Wild Ride sending good messages?

Post by Sparten » May Wed 04, 2011 10:18 pm

Ok so here I am with my younger cousins visiting DL, and at the time they were toddlers, so we were in Fantasy Land and we decided to ride Mr. Toads Wild Ride. So I thought to myself "Wow I've almost forgotten about this ride this should be fun! So as I cram myself into the car and then the ride starts. During the ride you basically wreak havoc upon a city in a car, get hit by a train and go to Hell, while a bunch of demons are jumping around and laughing at you! :hm_ghost:. The ride itself is fun and I understand the "message" but I was surprised!
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus
"Is it a bad thing to have fun?" Me :D

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Mr. Toads Wild Ride sending good messages?

Post by Wizzard419 » May Wed 04, 2011 11:27 pm

And the problem is? :D

Beauty and the Beast is a story about beastiality and stockhold syndrome, Snow white is about some ungrateful stepdaughter squating in some miners' home, Peter Pan is about a kidnapper who likes to break into houses and steal children, and don't even get me started on the creepy vibe of pinocchio. "He just wanted a little boy" :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Thu 05, 2011 8:50 am

Mr. Toad is a tale of selfish obsession out of control. Toad wanted a car, but never took time to learn. He drove badly, and yet even aware of the consequences of his bad driving (the near fatalities, the accidents, he wouldn't stop driving. Due to his lack of self control, he eventually paid the ultimate price (going to hell for his actions). The original book did not end like that, but in the original book Toad was far worse than he was in the Disney animated film.

BTW, Wizz, you had a typo. It's "Stockholm" and not "Stockhold". I don't know if I could call Snow White "ungrateful" as who should have gratitude towards somone that hired the huntsman to kill them? And squatting? I think it would be more accurate to say she's a homeless teenage runaway that decides to shack up with seven unmarried men in order to get a shelter over her head. And Peter Pan did not kidnap Wendy and her siblings, just brainwashed them to join his little cult with the use of "pixie dust" that made them fly "high".

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Thu 05, 2011 11:35 am

All PP needed was a van with with tinted windows and a bed in back and he would have been all set.

Disney does have a thing for rewriting stories to suit their needs, such as Hunchback. The real story ends with a necrophilia like scene where Esmarelda dies, he goes to the cemetary and digs her up, and then buries himself with her.

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » May Thu 05, 2011 3:56 pm

Well let's go back to Snow White for a moment. The dwarfs thought she was dead and the Prince came searching for the girl in the glass coffin.

And don't get me started on The Little Mermaid.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Thu 05, 2011 4:03 pm

Yeah, didn't that also have an unhappy ending in the original version as well (Little mermaid)?

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » May Thu 05, 2011 4:18 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Yeah, didn't that also have an unhappy ending in the original version as well (Little mermaid)?
I was referring to the the "happy ending": A sixteen year old girl running away from home to be with her boyfriend, and then a nice happy wedding??? Perhaps fish age differently. :?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Thu 05, 2011 5:05 pm

A happy ending?! THIS IS A FAMILY BOARD! :D

Pocohontas isn't much happier a story either, 20-30 year old hooks up with a 10 (12 when they got married) year old native girl. This would be the part where Chris Hanson asks you to take a seat.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » May Thu 05, 2011 7:01 pm

Shhh, children don't want to learn the true stories behind their favorite films until they're in the 8th grade. ;)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Thu 05, 2011 8:25 pm

You guys are going to be in sooooo much trouble when Len90 takes a break from studying for exams :shock: Watch out for his ruler!!! :lol:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Thu 05, 2011 9:57 pm

Yes yes, we all know about the sterling silver stick up his... nether regions :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Thu 05, 2011 10:24 pm

What's next? Aladdin was a gold-digger? Tiana had an unhealthy thing for frogs?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Thu 05, 2011 10:28 pm

Actually, if you go by the movie, Aladdin was a con-artist who tried to get in bed with a princess. He would be the "original player" if it werent' for prince charming and him beding multiple princesses. Speaking of, does that mean Prince Charming is a bigamist/polygamist? :D