What is the most Thrilling Attraction at DLR?

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

What is the most thrilling attraction in DLR?

Thunder Mountain
No votes
Splash Mountain
No votes
Space Mountain
33%
Matterhorn
No votes
Indiana Jones Temple of the Forbidden eye
17%
Tower of Terror
17%
California Screamin
17%
Mickey's Fun Wheel
17%
Maliboomer
No votes

Total votes: 6

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

What is the most Thrilling Attraction at DLR?

Post by Sparten » May Mon 02, 2011 10:13 pm

For me I've had very bad experiences on ferris wheels so for me its the Sun wheel :roll: call me crazy but its true!
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus
"Is it a bad thing to have fun?" Me :D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: What is the most Thrilling Attraction at DLR?

Post by MmeLeota » May Tue 03, 2011 12:51 am

You're not crazy at all. I do not care for anything where I don't feel safe. It's a psychological thing. I don't like ferris wheels either and certainly won't ride in a swinging gondola on the fun wheel. I will go on the stationary ones but I talk it up to myself as being great from a photography point of view.
As far as the most thrilling attraction for me these days is Space Mountain. It's funny because there was a time where it became commonplace, but because we don't go as often anymore and I have equilibrium issues, it seems to get me every time. Second place would be Splash Mountain...it still thrills me because I always get freaked out by the drop.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Tue 03, 2011 6:20 am

MmeLeota wrote:You're not crazy at all. I do not care for anything where I don't feel safe. It's a psychological thing. I don't like ferris wheels either and certainly won't ride in a swinging gondola on the fun wheel. I will go on the stationary ones but I talk it up to myself as being great from a photography point of view.
As far as the most thrilling attraction for me these days is Space Mountain. It's funny because there was a time where it became commonplace, but because we don't go as often anymore and I have equilibrium issues, it seems to get me every time. Second place would be Splash Mountain...it still thrills me because I always get freaked out by the drop.
I bet your face looks priceless on the Splash Mountain drop then ;)

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Tue 03, 2011 11:08 am

Amy wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:You're not crazy at all. I do not care for anything where I don't feel safe. It's a psychological thing. I don't like ferris wheels either and certainly won't ride in a swinging gondola on the fun wheel. I will go on the stationary ones but I talk it up to myself as being great from a photography point of view.
You bet. :mrgreen: I already figured if ever I get to join you guys for a meet up, it will most certainly be on the to-do list. :roll: :wink:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Tue 03, 2011 12:46 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
Amy wrote:
You bet. :mrgreen: I already figured if ever I get to join you guys for a meet up, it will most certainly be on the to-do list. :roll: :wink:
We'll put you in the log behind mindflipper. Then we know we'll get a great photo of your face since he "is not a human shield" for water and must duck down to "protect his video camera" :roll: ;) :lol:

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » May Tue 03, 2011 1:07 pm

It's always hard to pick just one because all of them are different on their own. The ones that really come to mind are ones that are always jammed packed in the queue and have long wait times like Space Mountain, Tower of Terror and Indiana Jones.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Tue 03, 2011 1:19 pm

I loved the IJ-TOFE, and hope some day a similiar ride can eventually make its way to WDW DHS.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » May Tue 03, 2011 1:23 pm

I kept thinking that WDW had one but then I remembered it was the other parks that did.

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » May Tue 03, 2011 3:34 pm

Sparten wrote:For me I've had very bad experiences on ferris wheels so for me its the Sun wheel :roll: call me crazy but its true!
Sparten, although I picked Screamin', that Ferris Wheel was a close second. I've only ridden the swinging cars once, and I swore it was about to flip upside down. I can ride any rollercoaster in the world, but that ferris wheel is not for me.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Tue 03, 2011 7:37 pm

momeja wrote:
Sparten wrote:For me I've had very bad experiences on ferris wheels so for me its the Sun wheel :roll: call me crazy but its true!
Sparten, although I picked Screamin', that Ferris Wheel was a close second. I've only ridden the swinging cars once, and I swore it was about to flip upside down. I can ride any rollercoaster in the world, but that ferris wheel is not for me.
My Mom is not one for thrill rides, but I've gotten her on the swinging cars on Mickey's Fun Wheel on each visit to DCA...each time I swear she is going to kill me the first time we get rolling :shock: but she always ends up laughing and laughing :D

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Sparten » May Tue 03, 2011 11:51 pm

momeja wrote:
ya same here I'm a big thrill fan, and I've ridden some of the most intense roller coasters in the world, some of them (ok most of them :wink: ) make california screamin look like a baby. but that ferris wheel... never again! :lol:
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Sparten » May Wed 04, 2011 10:23 pm

mindflipper wrote:I loved the IJ-TOFE, and hope some day a similiar ride can eventually make its way to WDW DHS.
Hey Mindflipper just so you know the attraction at WDW that sends you back in time to see dinosaurs, Is the exact same ride as IJ TOFE just a different theme. The track is the same the same vehicles which are known as EMV. They've just redone it differently. Hope this was helpful! :mickey:

bravetaylor
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by bravetaylor » May Fri 13, 2011 4:52 pm

Tower of Terror for me. It's not my favorite ride at Disneyland like it is at WDW but it's still my definition of thrilling.

FrogsAreAwesome
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by FrogsAreAwesome » May Sun 22, 2011 6:50 pm

Indiana Jones is wonderfully thrilling. Every single moment of it, even waiting in line. Second would probably be Tower of Terror, I love it as well.