Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Disneyworld or Disneyland?

Post by mindflipper » Mar Sun 27, 2011 9:47 pm

disneymaniac wrote:I've never been to DisneyWorld
WHAT?!?!? :shock: :shock: :shock: Never been to Disney World!?!?! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I feel for you because of your deprived childhood... :wink: :mickey:

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Mar Mon 28, 2011 11:39 am

Well, I've already established I've never gone but am planning on changing that.

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Mar Tue 29, 2011 12:13 am

Apples and oranges, my friends. They're apples and oranges.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Mar Tue 29, 2011 9:35 am

elizabethswann wrote:Well, I've already established I've never gone but am planning on changing that.
LOL, I never been DLR as a kid either; I didn't go for the first time until I was adult.

kosmosworld
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by kosmosworld » Mar Tue 29, 2011 10:36 am

I always go to Disneyworld, because it is much closer to drive. But I can see everybody's points. Just browsing at the park, I like that Disneyland has a collection of attractions, that Disneyworld divides into different parks. It does look like the park would be more enjoyable.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Mar Tue 29, 2011 12:44 pm

Photowise, I prefer California Adventure (even though majority of it is under construction). I've captured so many night shots and they get better and better.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Tue 29, 2011 1:05 pm

elizabethswann wrote:Photowise, I prefer California Adventure (even though majority of it is under construction). I've captured so many night shots and they get better and better.
CA does have some nice photo ops, and Mickey's funwheel at night is very pretty. Did they ever get all the lights working on it again since the earthquake a while back?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Mar Tue 29, 2011 1:39 pm

I don't think the lights got affected by the quake (either way it's all working now), one of the platforms for world of color had some damage to the ascenders, but that's been fixed and the became a moot point when they had to partially raise the other one up all day for the show that is held in the viewing area.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Mar Tue 29, 2011 7:21 pm

I remember at one point one of the strand of lights was messed up but the last time I went it looked to be back in order.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Tue 29, 2011 7:39 pm

elizabethswann wrote:I remember at one point one of the strand of lights was messed up but the last time I went it looked to be back in order.
I thought there was some mention of quite a few of the light strings being out at one point, and not being fixed for awhile. Maybe I was mistaken...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Mar Tue 29, 2011 7:51 pm

There might have been, but I don't think a quake would have been the cause of that.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Mar Tue 29, 2011 7:51 pm

Amy wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:I remember at one point one of the strand of lights was messed up but the last time I went it looked to be back in order.
I thought there was some mention of quite a few of the light strings being out at one point, and not being fixed for awhile. Maybe I was mistaken...
No, that's probably what it was. One long strand of them were a messed up color, almost as if the tv was on the fritz while the others worked.

proudcanuck
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by proudcanuck » Mar Wed 30, 2011 12:45 pm

I think it depends on where you live. I live on the West Coast, so Disneyland is much closer than WDW. I'm sure the people on the East Coast would disagree, but for the same reason. Because I am always going to Disneyland, it will always be my sentimental choice. I'm sure that ALL Disney properties provide an amazing unique experience, and will continue for many years.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Mar Wed 30, 2011 3:30 pm

proudcanuck wrote:I think it depends on where you live. I live on the West Coast, so Disneyland is much closer than WDW. I'm sure the people on the East Coast would disagree, but for the same reason. Because I am always going to Disneyland, it will always be my sentimental choice. I'm sure that ALL Disney properties provide an amazing unique experience, and will continue for many years.
You speak the truth with that.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Mar Wed 30, 2011 7:44 pm

proudcanuck wrote:I think it depends on where you live. I live on the West Coast, so Disneyland is much closer than WDW. I'm sure the people on the East Coast would disagree, but for the same reason. Because I am always going to Disneyland, it will always be my sentimental choice. I'm sure that ALL Disney properties provide an amazing unique experience, and will continue for many years.
I live on the East Coast, and while I have been to WDW more times than I can count or recall, I will say I love each of the Disney theme-parks I have visited equally. I have been to DLR, DLP, and WDW - and I have had fantastic times at each. I'm not WDW-first and all other parks second. I just love them all.

I think Amy might agree with me, as she has been those three plus TDL in Japan. Something about visiting the other parks makes you a lover of ALL the parks.