Disneyworld or Disneyland?

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

kosmosworld
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Disneyworld or Disneyland?

Post by kosmosworld » Mar Tue 22, 2011 2:58 pm

I have been to Disneyworld probably 10 times or so. At some point, I would like to go to Disneyland. But I've always heard that Disneyworld is much nicer. How different is Disneyland vs. Disneyworld? Are the California Adventure and Magic Kingdom parks close to each other?

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Disneyworld or Disneyland?

Post by Wizzard419 » Mar Tue 22, 2011 3:11 pm

No, Magic Kingdom is a couple thousand miles east, but there is Disneyland right across the entryway. :D

In most cases the Disneyland version of attractions are considered better than WDW. A good benefit of DLR is that you can walk from your hotel (if staying onsite or nearby offsite) to the parks without the need of a bus, tram, monorail, etc. Another benefit is that you can leave and go do other things as well, such as go to the beach, other amusement parks, zoos, etc.

kosmosworld

Post by kosmosworld » Mar Tue 22, 2011 3:12 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:No, Magic Kingdom is a couple thousand miles east, but there is Disneyland right across the entryway. :D

In most cases the Disneyland version of attractions are considered better than WDW. A good benefit of DLR is that you can walk from your hotel (if staying onsite or nearby offsite) to the parks without the need of a bus, tram, monorail, etc. Another benefit is that you can leave and go do other things as well, such as go to the beach, other amusement parks, zoos, etc.
Those are certainly some good points.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Mar Tue 22, 2011 8:43 pm

Disneyland still has Mr. Toad. ;)

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Mar Tue 22, 2011 8:44 pm

And we still have a crazy low rape and murder rate inside the parks. :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Tue 22, 2011 8:50 pm

I love them all ~ including Disneyland Paris and Tokyo Disneyland, and if I ever get there, probably Hong Kong DL as well!
Of the two, I would probably have to pick WDW since there are four parks to visit there compared to DL's two. I do get a little thrill walking around DL knowing that was where Walt's original dream came to life!

kosmosworld

Post by kosmosworld » Mar Tue 22, 2011 9:38 pm

You guys put up a lot good points. I think the best point is not paying for the parking!!!

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Mar Tue 22, 2011 10:09 pm

That's the beauty of having the premium pass. I've had it for close to four years by now and it's worth it every time.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Mar Tue 22, 2011 10:19 pm

I think we've had this topic before?

I love Disneyland over the Magic Kingdom, but prefer WDW over Disneyland Resort.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Mar Tue 22, 2011 10:20 pm

You will have to pay to park (in park/hotels) if you're going to have a rental car or drive there from home. If you really wanted to, you could stay at the beach and just drive into the parks each day as well.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Wed 23, 2011 7:13 am

Wizzard419 wrote:You will have to pay to park (in park/hotels) if you're going to have a rental car or drive there from home. If you really wanted to, you could stay at the beach and just drive into the parks each day as well.
Parking is included if you are staying on property though right? And don't you have to pay or have a parking permit if you park at the beach?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Mar Wed 23, 2011 12:50 pm

Had to look up the hotel prices, since I have no reason to stay, I guess they do include it. But if you're offsite then you may end up having to pay (as most hotels do charge). If you're parking at a state beach and camping then you would have to pay the permit, but if you're at a beachfront hotel then it would vary.

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Sparten » Mar Sun 27, 2011 8:35 pm

Definitely Disney land, because WDW might have four parks but they arnt as filled up as much as DL and its always breathtaking to walk into DL and know your walking were Walt Disney walked and had his dream come true. DL also is in a better spot because its only an hour from anywhere.
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus
"Is it a bad thing to have fun?" Me :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sun 27, 2011 8:56 pm

Sparten wrote:Definitely Disney land, because WDW might have four parks but they arnt as filled up as much as DL and its always breathtaking to walk into DL and know your walking were Walt Disney walked and had his dream come true. DL also is in a better spot because its only an hour from anywhere.
I know what you are talking about with the connection to Walt Disney. Unfortunately DL is a lot further away than one hour for us midwesterners! :(

disneymaniac
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by disneymaniac » Mar Sun 27, 2011 9:07 pm

I've never been to DisneyWorld, but I like the fact that when I walk into Disneyland I can feel the presence of Walt Disney and stand where he stood. So I would think I would like Disneyland better (I have been to Disneyland)
Disney Fan,
Trevor K.