Disneyland Reservations Misleading?

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Club33Hopeful
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Club33Hopeful » May Tue 03, 2005 11:28 pm

They can be a little sneakier as they have a greater demand to supply ratio. They have a gazillion rooms in Florida out in the middle of a swamp. Here in California, they have a lot less rooms.
-Club33Hopeful

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » May Wed 04, 2005 7:47 am

This is a pretty common thing in the hospitality industry in general. It definitely pays to do a ton of research before you book. Have an amazing time! :)

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » May Wed 04, 2005 8:06 am

It's the same with the airline industry (to which I was attached to for 12 yrs) and I would have customers come to the ticket counter complaining that they could get a cheaper fare online than when they called "me", (meaning reservations). When they would get really ugly and in my face about "calling ME", I would politely say "Sir/Ma'am, You didn't not call ME specifically because if you had I would have told you to go to the website to receive a cheaper fare". I told them the whole idea behind "internet use" was to alleviate the work load off central reservations. This of course was back in the day when the airlines were just first really pushing booking online via their websites, but you really do have to read the small print and watch the wording. My mom got burned last year buying all 6 tickets for us to go see my niece graduate from the Naval academy. I told her I found fares for 162.00 rd trip (online). She said she would go visit a friend of hers at the travel agency she owned. I said, ok, but you know this is what I have done for 12 years. Well, her FRIEND charged her $323.00 per ticket plus a $30.00 ticketing fee for each ticket. I was livid! Mom said from now on she would trust my judgment :? ....WHAT!!! ha ha ha
I think for the most part most central reservations are very upfront and honest. Disney being one of the most reputable. I use my old travel agency that I worked for if I don't want to do the research online myself. I can get exhausting, but sometimes its fun to do the research. ANYWAY...(dang I am long winded SORRY!) Have a wonderful trip!!
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

borjoyzee
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by borjoyzee » May Thu 05, 2005 1:29 am

That is kinda odd and frustating.

Thx for that find of yours. Sorry about the problem.
Love Tomorrowland and Adventureland, but hard to decide to which one is best.

Love RCT3