Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

dichuy
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

A lawsuit for Disneyland

Post by dichuy » Feb Wed 09, 2011 10:37 am

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41482014/ns ... ?gt1=43001

I want to make a joke that he's suing for having to listen to the song for that long, lol, but I don't want people to think I'm unsympathetic.
Step out to your left please. When the car stops, step out to your left.

Josh Q
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Re: A lawsuit for Disneyland

Post by Josh Q » Feb Wed 09, 2011 10:48 am

Wow! Very interesting! Not sure what to say....
Our Theme Park Podcast is back! http://www.themeparktalk.com

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Wed 09, 2011 11:06 am

Hmm, guessing there will be some sort of a settlement for this one. He would have to prove they evacuated everyone else and left him for an extended amount of time after everyone else was off I would guess. And unless he notified the CM's his BP was high, how would they know that?!

Josh Q

Post by Josh Q » Feb Wed 09, 2011 11:15 am

Amy wrote:Hmm, guessing there will be some sort of a settlement for this one. He would have to prove they evacuated everyone else and left him for an extended amount of time after everyone else was off I would guess. And unless he notified the CM's his BP was high, how would they know that?!
Very true. That's what security video hopefully with audio is for :-)
Our Theme Park Podcast is back! http://www.themeparktalk.com

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Feb Wed 09, 2011 1:11 pm

My two cents is... maybe I should just be quiet. I hope Disney wins though.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Feb Wed 09, 2011 2:17 pm

I just read this one on msn, and I kinda had the same thought as dichuy... :lol: But I can understand the situation. I do not know the evacuation procedures, but since there are new ADA boats for IASW that allow a wheelchair to be loaded on the boat, there must be some sort of procedure in place. However, my original thought is that a boat would have to be pushed or towed to a certain point where a wheelchair could be unloaded safely. Perhaps this practice would entail evacuating everyone else first. Also, if anyone was in danger there would have been a whole other evacuation plan. The one thing CM's could have done was perhaps inform the guest better. Just an opinion here.... :D

On a side note, it's kinda weird riding on those boats according to hubby. Because you sit above everyone else, it's an odd sensation.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Wed 09, 2011 2:24 pm

I would need more details about the situation. Aside from the fact the others were evacuated first - is it merely the time it took to evacuate him? A speedy evacuation is not necessarily a safe one; and if there's no danger, it was wiser to take the time to unload.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Wed 09, 2011 2:25 pm

MmeLeota wrote:I just read this one on msn, and I kinda had the same thought as dichuy... :lol: But I can understand the situation. I do not know the evacuation procedures, but since there are new ADA boats for IASW that allow a wheelchair to be loaded on the boat, there must be some sort of procedure in place. However, my original thought is that a boat would have to be pushed or towed to a certain point where a wheelchair could be unloaded safely. Perhaps this practice would entail evacuating everyone else first. Also, if anyone was in danger there would have been a whole other evacuation plan. The one thing CM's could have done was perhaps inform the guest better. Just an opinion here.... :D
On a side note, it's kinda weird riding on those boats according to hubby. Because you sit above everyone else, it's an odd sensation.
We had a trip in one of the wheelchair boats this time ~ and it was a little odd since Mom was waaaaay taller than me. We did have the boat to ourselves which was nice. We went around twice since they weren't busy and I wanted to switch sides so I could take photos on the other side of the world :lol: I motioned like we wanted to go around a third time and I thought my Mom was going to kill me :shock: I'm still surprised she let me ride twice ~ she is not a fan of the song :lol:
And no, we didn't go for the happiest cruise that ever sailed for a third time :(

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Wed 09, 2011 2:43 pm

Amy wrote:We had a trip in one of the wheelchair boats this time ~ and it was a little odd since Mom was waaaaay taller than me. We did have the boat to ourselves which was nice. We went around twice since they weren't busy and I wanted to switch sides so I could take photos on the other side of the world :lol: I motioned like we wanted to go around a third time and I thought my Mom was going to kill me :shock: I'm still surprised she let me ride twice ~ she is not a fan of the song :lol:
And no, we didn't go for the happiest cruise that ever sailed for a third time :(
If she did, could she have called the authorities on you for "elder abuse"? :wink: :shock:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Feb Wed 09, 2011 2:52 pm

Amy wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:I just read this one on msn, and I kinda had the same thought as dichuy... :lol: But I can understand the situation. I do not know the evacuation procedures, but since there are new ADA boats for IASW that allow a wheelchair to be loaded on the boat, there must be some sort of procedure in place. However, my original thought is that a boat would have to be pushed or towed to a certain point where a wheelchair could be unloaded safely. Perhaps this practice would entail evacuating everyone else first. Also, if anyone was in danger there would have been a whole other evacuation plan. The one thing CM's could have done was perhaps inform the guest better. Just an opinion here.... :D
We had a trip in one of the wheelchair boats this time ~ and it was a little odd since Mom was waaaaay taller than me. We did have the boat to ourselves which was nice. We went around twice since they weren't busy and I wanted to switch sides so I could take photos on the other side of the world :lol: I motioned like we wanted to go around a third time and I thought my Mom was going to kill me :shock: I'm still surprised she let me ride twice ~ she is not a fan of the song :lol:
:lol: We did the same thing...it was close to closing and we were the only ones on the ride. It was the creepiest cruise around the world ever!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Wed 09, 2011 2:52 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Amy wrote:We had a trip in one of the wheelchair boats this time ~ and it was a little odd since Mom was waaaaay taller than me. We did have the boat to ourselves which was nice. We went around twice since they weren't busy and I wanted to switch sides so I could take photos on the other side of the world :lol: I motioned like we wanted to go around a third time and I thought my Mom was going to kill me :shock: I'm still surprised she let me ride twice ~ she is not a fan of the song :lol:
If she did, could she have called the authorities on you for "elder abuse"? :wink: :shock:
She might have mentioned that exact same phrase :roll: :lol:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Wed 09, 2011 3:31 pm

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:
She might have mentioned that exact same phrase :roll: :lol:
Or she could have threatened to tell everyone she ever meets "My daughter made ride IASW three times in a row and I had to listen to that song drive me up the wall!" for the rest of your life. People would give you that look that quietly says, "How could you? That's cruel..." :wink:

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Feb Wed 09, 2011 5:05 pm

I heard about this on Monday but I'd probably go crazy if I had to hear that song for almost an hour.

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Feb Wed 09, 2011 5:06 pm

I want more details on this one before I give a strong opinion as well. There is a video also, where the wife is filming the empty boats (I assume after evacuation and not just lack of ridership) in front of them. She asks him how he is doing and he says, "not good." If I were her I would have been more worried about getting him off the boat than video taping. Especially if he was an any type of danger.

Here's the link for the video:
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/02/ ... ergencies/

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Wed 09, 2011 6:02 pm

That is an interesting find NaCler ~ from the video it looks like they were very close to the exit of the ride. It is interesting that the reason given for why he hasn't filed until now (since the incident happened in 2009) is that he couldn't find an attorney that would take his case.