Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Blue Bayou

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Thu 20, 2011 2:26 am

mindflipper wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:WHOA, REALLY? THAT MUCH FOR A MONTE CRISTO? Wasn't it 15.99 before that? Yeah, I doubt I'll want to eat there anymore.

Okay, I went to allears and looked at the menu and it's only $17.49 for any of the Monte Cristos. I think they bumped up the price by two dollars or so. http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/men_cr.htm
Can you confirm or deny the plate-splitting fee?
I don't remember how much it is for a plate-splitting since it's been a while since I've been to the restaurant but I'll try to find it out.

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Esmeralda » Jan Thu 20, 2011 2:51 pm

Thanks for checking on that plate splitting fee! I suppose they're trying to discourage splitting, but I just can't eat that much food! And of course my husband has his heart set on the Blue Bayou atmosphere...
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by danimal3114u » Jan Fri 21, 2011 11:20 am

The prices did go way up in recent years, but they really upped the service and presentation I believe. The food quality is actually better overall as well. It doesn't justify the huge jump in price, but it is nice to see that they put effort into giving you value for your money, instead of just the standard annual 11% price increase "just because"

PLUS, who only wants half a Monte Cristo, come on! ;D

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Feb Wed 02, 2011 12:32 am

Prices at Disney in general have been skyrocketing for food. At WDW the buffet for Boma now costs $40/adult. For our family of 5, (which includes 1 10 yo - an adult by Disney standards), it would cost $180 for us to eat there. That's crazy!

So we're skipping Boma next trip. It's just not worth it...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Wed 02, 2011 8:03 am

momeja wrote:Prices at Disney in general have been skyrocketing for food. At WDW the buffet for Boma now costs $40/adult. For our family of 5, (which includes 1 10 yo - an adult by Disney standards), it would cost $180 for us to eat there. That's crazy!
Sounds like a good night for Mom and Dad to have a nice dinner out by themselves! Are your kids old enough to have a little time on their own? Or do you need a good nanny to come with you?! ;) ;) :lol:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Wed 02, 2011 9:55 am

That's still $80 in total just for the two of them! For that kind of money, you could get great meal elsewhere for a family of four!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Wed 02, 2011 10:08 am

mindflipper wrote:That's still $80 in total just for the two of them! For that kind of money, you could get great meal elsewhere for a family of four!
That is exactly how much the Ohana dinner set me and F1gment back! We only ate there for the company because we certainly did not have close to even $25 worth of food between the two of us. It was a lovely evening with new friends, that is how we, or at least I, justified the expense.

Josh Q
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Josh Q » Feb Wed 02, 2011 10:34 am

Food prices are getting insane! I just tried the Plaza Inn breakfast Buffet at Disneyland and that was $25 / person. Not as expensive at $40 a person! But still. Thank God for AP 15% off discounts! :-)
Our Theme Park Podcast is back! http://www.themeparktalk.com

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Feb Wed 02, 2011 4:14 pm

Amy wrote:That is exactly how much the Ohana dinner set me and F1gment back! We only ate there for the company because we certainly did not have close to even $25 worth of food between the two of us. It was a lovely evening with new friends, that is how we, or at least I, justified the expense.
Exactly... and we would do it again in a heartbeat!

I haven't been to the Blue Bayou, but I sure plan on it the next time I get out to DLR. I don't have to worry about the splitting fee. I'm a big boy so I don't share with others. But, that fee is outrageous (if it's confirmed).

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Wed 02, 2011 4:38 pm

Blue Bayou is great when you want to have that one "upscale" meal during your stay at the park. Once a trip, because you can't afford to go more regularly than that...

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Feb Fri 04, 2011 8:11 pm

We haven't been to BB in probably 4 years! We used to go once a trip, but the prices have gone up so much that we just can't do it as often anymore. Plus, if we can't get in for lunch we don't care for the dinner menu...and trying to enjoy the park after that heavy of a meal is tough.
We've been going to CO for our Monte Cristo fix. I have come to love the 3 cheese MC! I miss the days when you got a MC at BB for about $9-$10 and it was served with an apple. Nowadays, there are other side dishes served with it as well. Way too much food! That sandwich is rich on it's own...

momeja

Post by momeja » Feb Sun 06, 2011 11:09 am

Amy wrote:
momeja wrote:Prices at Disney in general have been skyrocketing for food. At WDW the buffet for Boma now costs $40/adult. For our family of 5, (which includes 1 10 yo - an adult by Disney standards), it would cost $180 for us to eat there. That's crazy!
Sounds like a good night for Mom and Dad to have a nice dinner out by themselves! Are your kids old enough to have a little time on their own? Or do you need a good nanny to come with you?! ;) ;) :lol:
Okay, just because you raised the topic, :wink: we are having a night out together, but not to Boma. We're going to V&As to celebrate my graduation and our 20th anniversary. :ccat:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sun 06, 2011 11:24 am

momeja wrote:
Amy wrote:
Okay, just because you raised the topic, :wink: we are having a night out together, but not to Boma. We're going to V&As to celebrate my graduation and our 20th anniversary. :ccat:
Good for you! I think V&A probably tops Boma from everything I've heard ;)

garyman

Post by garyman » Feb Tue 08, 2011 11:23 am

We are going in March and this time will skip the BB. The weather should be nice. May end of at Zocola one night. Then maybe Cafe Orleans

:hm_ghost: :hatter_bounce:

Never to old for Disney!

Josh Q

Post by Josh Q » Feb Tue 08, 2011 11:28 am

garyman wrote:We are going in March and this time will skip the BB. The weather should be nice. May end of at Zocola one night. Then maybe Cafe Orleans

:hm_ghost: :hatter_bounce:

Great choices! Monte Cristo with some Pommes Frites at the Cafe Orleans is one awesome meal!
Our Theme Park Podcast is back! http://www.themeparktalk.com