Blue Bayou

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Blue Bayou

Post by Esmeralda » Jan Wed 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Has anyone been to the Blue Bayou recently? It looks like lunch prices have gone through the roof in the past few years. According to allears, the beloved Monte Cristo is $24.99 plus $12.00 if you want to split. Is that accurate, and are there any other options (besides going to Cafe Orleans)?
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Blue Bayou

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 19, 2011 2:49 pm

Esmeralda wrote:Has anyone been to the Blue Bayou recently? It looks like lunch prices have gone through the roof in the past few years. According to allears, the beloved Monte Cristo is $24.99 plus $12.00 if you want to split. Is that accurate, and are there any other options (besides going to Cafe Orleans)?
How big of a sandwich is it?! And $12 to split? That's insane!!

Josh Q
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Josh Q » Jan Wed 19, 2011 3:06 pm

Esmeralda wrote:Has anyone been to the Blue Bayou recently? It looks like lunch prices have gone through the roof in the past few years. According to allears, the beloved Monte Cristo is $24.99 plus $12.00 if you want to split. Is that accurate, and are there any other options (besides going to Cafe Orleans)?
As far as I know there are only 2 places to get the Monte Cristo. The Blue Bayou and the Cafe Orleans. The BB only serves the Monte Cristo for lunch tho as the CO serves it all day. I prefer eating at and actually do eat at the CO all the time.
Our Theme Park Podcast is back! http://www.themeparktalk.com

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Wed 19, 2011 3:09 pm

That splitting fee is insane! Back in 2003 when my parents split a meal they didn't charge a splitting fee! We need to stage a revolt! We need a protest march! :evil:

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Wed 19, 2011 3:10 pm

Amy wrote:
How big of a sandwich is it?! And $12 to split? That's insane!!
The split fee sounds about right, they really want to discourage people coming in and splitting food so they make it expensive to do that.

Josh Q

Post by Josh Q » Jan Wed 19, 2011 3:44 pm

mindflipper wrote:That splitting fee is insane! Back in 2003 when my parents split a meal they didn't charge a splitting fee! We need to stage a revolt! We need a protest march! :evil:
I agree!
Our Theme Park Podcast is back! http://www.themeparktalk.com

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Wed 19, 2011 7:27 pm

I'm guessing the reasons they put it in were that too many people were doing it and the waitstaff were getting stiffed on the tips (only paying 15% of the single meal cost) so they had to resort to that to discourage the practice.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 19, 2011 8:37 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:I'm guessing the reasons they put it in were that too many people were doing it and the waitstaff were getting stiffed on the tips (only paying 15% of the single meal cost) so they had to resort to that to discourage the practice.
Even 15% of a single meal is probably equal to what you would pay at a "normal" (read, non-Disney) restaurant! $24 for a sandwich? :shock:

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Wed 19, 2011 8:48 pm

WHOA, REALLY? THAT MUCH FOR A MONTE CRISTO? Wasn't it 15.99 before that? Yeah, I doubt I'll want to eat there anymore.

Okay, I went to allears and looked at the menu and it's only $17.49 for any of the Monte Cristos. I think they bumped up the price by two dollars or so. http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/men_cr.htm

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 19, 2011 8:54 pm

elizabethswann wrote:WHOA, REALLY? THAT MUCH FOR A MONTE CRISTO? Wasn't it 15.99 before that? Yeah, I doubt I'll want to eat there anymore.

Okay, I went to allears and looked at the menu and it's only $17.49 for any of the Monte Cristos. I think they bumped up the price by two dollars or so. http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/men_cr.htm
That still seems expensive for a Disney sandwich, but at least $17.49 is better than $24! Plus you have to figure in the cardiologist's costs for removing the sandwich a few years down the line ;)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Wed 19, 2011 9:02 pm

elizabethswann wrote:WHOA, REALLY? THAT MUCH FOR A MONTE CRISTO? Wasn't it 15.99 before that? Yeah, I doubt I'll want to eat there anymore.

Can you confirm or deny the plate-splitting fee?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Wed 19, 2011 10:02 pm

Amy wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:I'm guessing the reasons they put it in were that too many people were doing it and the waitstaff were getting stiffed on the tips (only paying 15% of the single meal cost) so they had to resort to that to discourage the practice.
Even 15% of a single meal is probably equal to what you would pay at a "normal" (read, non-Disney) restaurant! $24 for a sandwich? :shock:
It might be but at the same time they need to get the most out of each table, so if there are guests not ordering anything but still taking up space they are going to start charging a tax on them.

To be fair, that is a bit steeper than the norm for OC, which is about $8-10.

Next time I'm at the parks I will check the signage, is it too soon to request a meeting be held at DTD again?:D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Wed 19, 2011 10:59 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:It might be but at the same time they need to get the most out of each table, so if there are guests not ordering anything but still taking up space they are going to start charging a tax on them.

Next time I'm at the parks I will check the signage, is it too soon to request a meeting be held at DTD again?:D
Kidding? If I were in your shoes, I'd be lunching there every day! :D

wxwiz
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by wxwiz » Jan Wed 19, 2011 11:20 pm

Looks like you should stick to getting the sandwich at Cafe' Orleans only. Much cheaper.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Thu 20, 2011 12:14 am

mindflipper wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:It might be but at the same time they need to get the most out of each table, so if there are guests not ordering anything but still taking up space they are going to start charging a tax on them.

Kidding? If I were in your shoes, I'd be lunching there every day! :D

I'd burn up too much gas if I went there every day of the week since I only go into the office 2 days a week (unless there is something important). :D