Blue Bayou

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: Blue Bayou

Post by MmeLeota » Feb Mon 21, 2011 12:19 am

metark wrote:I agree we do want to take care of the servers. They have to do just about the same amount of work either way.

One other thing I forgot to mention from an earlier part of this thread, I know the Monte Cristo is a bit more than you would pay at other places outside the parks but when you think about just how great it is to be sitting in the middle of the Pirates ride in the heart of Disneyland, the difference in price is something I'm ok with paying. In other words, it's worth it to me to pay a little more to be at the Blue Bayou. For us, it's a special place with special memories whenever we are there.
Especially when you're on the waterfront... :D
We stopped going as often as we had because A) the pricing and B) it used to be a hidden gem (read: no reservation needed...standby was only 5 or 10 minutes during the off-peak times), but now so many people know about it that it's darn near impossible without a reservation or being there right at opening.
Plus they only serve the Monte Cristo for lunch. It's not on the dinner menu. (at least it never used to be)

metark
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by metark » Feb Mon 21, 2011 8:56 pm

We also don't go every time we're at the parks. We go on special occassions. There are other places we go every time such as the Plaza Inn for the chicken.

BierTiki
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by BierTiki » Mar Wed 16, 2011 5:29 pm

I was there on Sunday for lunch. I had a 10 minute wait without having a reservation. It was quite crowded at the park; lines were longest for the food carts. I believe the pricing is becoming a deterrent for families. I enjoy eating there, but the *noise* from the riders floating by was very distracting. Folks were shouting, screaming, and even harassing the diners. Not cool.

Yeah, I miss the old Bayou days.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Wed 16, 2011 6:17 pm

BierTiki wrote:I was there on Sunday for lunch. I had a 10 minute wait without having a reservation. It was quite crowded at the park; lines were longest for the food carts. I believe the pricing is becoming a deterrent for families. I enjoy eating there, but the *noise* from the riders floating by was very distracting. Folks were shouting, screaming, and even harassing the diners. Not cool.
The people in the boats were harassing the diners? :shock: Not cool :evil:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Mar Wed 16, 2011 8:15 pm

BierTiki wrote:I was there on Sunday for lunch. I had a 10 minute wait without having a reservation. It was quite crowded at the park; lines were longest for the food carts. I believe the pricing is becoming a deterrent for families. I enjoy eating there, but the *noise* from the riders floating by was very distracting. Folks were shouting, screaming, and even harassing the diners. Not cool.

Just can't take some people out in public, can you? :roll: :wink:

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Sparten » Apr Thu 07, 2011 3:09 am

I know this is off topic from the cristo... BUT I had to share this I thought it was cool my uncle proposed inside the Blue Bayou and I have half a mind to do the same when I get to that point! :D
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus
"Is it a bad thing to have fun?" Me :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Thu 07, 2011 6:39 am

Sparten wrote:I know this is off topic from the cristo... BUT I had to share this I thought it was cool my uncle proposed inside the Blue Bayou and I have half a mind to do the same when I get to that point! :D
Aww ~ that would be sweet! It seems like it would be very romantic there inside the Blue Bayou...

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Thu 07, 2011 8:56 am

The other night on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno he showed some advert where some selling "Monte Crisco Sandwiches" and the first thought that ran through my head was: "I wonder how many people would order that at the Blue Bayou!" :shock: :lol:

proudcanuck
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by proudcanuck » Apr Mon 11, 2011 12:15 am

The Blue Bayou can continue to raise their prices without the worry of empty seats. It is always sold out and most of the time is very difficult to get a reservation for when you want. I'm sure the prices will continue to rise in the near future.

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Sparten » May Tue 03, 2011 11:55 pm

proudcanuck wrote:The Blue Bayou can continue to raise their prices without the worry of empty seats. It is always sold out and most of the time is very difficult to get a reservation for when you want. I'm sure the prices will continue to rise in the near future.
Well.. if you want to waste a couple hundred on yourself and a few others there, you have to get your reservations set right after the park opens. so much so that that should be in the first 3 things you do... including things like grabbing a fast pass for indy and grabbing a stroller/locker (if necessary)
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus
"Is it a bad thing to have fun?" Me :D