Heading out to Disneyland Tonight

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Josh Q
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Heading out to Disneyland Tonight

Post by Josh Q » Jan Wed 12, 2011 7:30 pm

Ok so I'm heading out to Disneyland in about an hour should be in the park around 550 pm the park closes at 8. I'm going to record a 2 hour ride marathon seeing how much I can get done in 2 hours (Friday's podcast episode). I figured to start in Fantasyland.... any suggestions? Remember the goal is to ride as much as possible in 2 hours!
Our Theme Park Podcast is back! http://www.themeparktalk.com

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Heading out to Disneyland Tonight

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Wed 12, 2011 7:37 pm

Aim for the rides with the smallest lines. Matterhorn moves quick. Tea Cups are a possibility and maybe the carrousel, one of the dark rides, Casey Jr., and maybe the Storybook Canal Boats if the line isn't too long. Then go for maybe Pirates or Big Thunder Mountain then try out Tarzan's Treehouse and the Jungle Cruise. If Toontown is still open by then, wander around there and tour the houses.

Josh Q

Post by Josh Q » Jan Wed 12, 2011 7:42 pm

Awesome Thanks! This should be good!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 12, 2011 8:39 pm

This sounds like an awesome adventure! Two hours isn't much. My first thought for suggestions was not to start in Fantasyland! :lol: Ms Swann was far more helpful though ;). Let us know how crowded it was ~ I'm guessing that it wouldn't be too bad in the middle of the week in January?!

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Jan Wed 12, 2011 8:47 pm

Amy wrote:This sounds like an awesome adventure! Two hours isn't much. My first thought for suggestions was not to start in Fantasyland! :lol: Ms Swann was far more helpful though ;). Let us know how crowded it was ~ I'm guessing that it wouldn't be too bad in the middle of the week in January?!
I agree... if I've only got 2 hours, I'm definitely not going anywhere near Fantasyland, unless it's the extra magic hours... nah... stay away from Fantasyland. Is it not as crowded in Fantasyland in Disneyland as it is in WDW?

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Wed 12, 2011 8:49 pm

Amy wrote:This sounds like an awesome adventure! Two hours isn't much. My first thought for suggestions was not to start in Fantasyland! :lol: Ms Swann was far more helpful though ;). Let us know how crowded it was ~ I'm guessing that it wouldn't be too bad in the middle of the week in January?!
It depends on the amount of people there in the park. Tomorrowland gets real crowded so I'm trying to pick the places that would be less crowded. Autopia might be good as well since that's usually about a 25 minute wait or so.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 12, 2011 8:52 pm

NaCler wrote:
I agree... if I've only got 2 hours, I'm definitely not going anywhere near Fantasyland, unless it's the extra magic hours... nah... stay away from Fantasyland. Is it not as crowded in Fantasyland in Disneyland as it is in WDW?
Oh, it gets crowded there too :shock: but the park is so small compared to WDW that it is easy to bop from one place to another!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Wed 12, 2011 11:52 pm

Dang! Got here to late! I agree on Fantasyland as I remembered it seemed emptier the later it got at night. And if no fireworks, Toontown should be open and every time I was at DLR it was pretty empty at night. Also, I remember DCA can be lite at night too, but maybe not anymore since WoC and ElecTRONica.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Thu 13, 2011 8:32 am

mindflipper wrote:Dang! Got here to late! I agree on Fantasyland as I remembered it seemed emptier the later it got at night. And if no fireworks, Toontown should be open and every time I was at DLR it was pretty empty at night. Also, I remember DCA can be lite at night too, but maybe not anymore since WoC and ElecTRONica.
But I don't think many attractions are up and running during WoC and Electronica :(

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Thu 13, 2011 10:15 am

Other thing you can do is pray for rain. Unlike WDW, it cleans out Disneyland. Rain means no fireworks, no Woc, etc. - so no crowds! That park can be dead at night when it rains! I remember riding Soarin' Over California six times in row, BTMRR 2X, SM 2X, HMH 4X, and so on because no one was there because of the weather!

Josh Q

Post by Josh Q » Jan Thu 13, 2011 10:36 am

Lol wow. Ok so it went well, I wont give a detailed trip report because I audio recorded the entire trip. I'll post it on Friday. Went well tho. Parts of Fantasyland were basically empty others not so much. Oddly enough the shortest lines of the night were pirates and space mountain.

Thanks for the help guys! I'm totally going to do this again soon! Not too soon tho I'm getting married in about 8 days. Needless to say I was tired at the end of it.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Thu 13, 2011 10:38 am

Josh Q wrote:Lol wow. Ok so it went well, I wont give a detailed trip report because I audio recorded the entire trip. I'll post it on Friday. Went well tho. Parts of Fantasyland were basically empty others not so much. Oddly enough the shortest lines of the night were pirates and space mountain.

Thanks for the help guys! I'm totally going to do this again soon! Not too soon tho I'm getting married in about 8 days. Needless to say I was tired at the end of it.
Looking forward to the audio! Did you take any photos too?! Those you could post :D

Josh Q

Post by Josh Q » Jan Thu 13, 2011 10:43 am

Amy wrote: Looking forward to the audio! Did you take any photos too?! Those you could post :D
I tried to but was running around the park didn't really have time lol. Plus I was holding the recorder in one hand. Lol. I took some after tho. I wont be by my main computer till tomorrow tho. I'll post them then! :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Thu 13, 2011 10:45 am

Josh Q wrote:Lol wow. Ok so it went well, I wont give a detailed trip report because I audio recorded the entire trip. I'll post it on Friday. Went well tho. Parts of Fantasyland were basically empty others not so much. Oddly enough the shortest lines of the night were pirates and space mountain.

So, Josh Q, where are you going to on your honeymoon?

"We're going to Disney World!"

Well, I don't know if that's his answer, but it wouldn't surprise me... :wink: :lol: :mickey:

Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials! :mrgreen:

P.S. can you post a link to the audio/podcast here in this topic thread once its available?
Last edited by mindflipper on Jan Thu 13, 2011 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Thu 13, 2011 10:48 am

Josh Q wrote:
Amy wrote: Looking forward to the audio! Did you take any photos too?! Those you could post :D
I tried to but was running around the park didn't really have time lol. Plus I was holding the recorder in one hand. Lol. I took some after tho. I wont be by my main computer till tomorrow tho. I'll post them then! :D
Fair enough ~ although on my last trip I had my recorder in one hand and my camera in the other. It was only a problem on attractions that really require you to hold on...like Dinosaur. I opted to hold on to my equipment for dear life instead! :lol:
Plus you were facing the challenge of fitting as much as you could in those two hours. I had almost two weeks :P ;)
Congrats on the upcoming wedding! Was your lovely fiance with you on this whirlwind two-hour tour?